Dalthus Crusade

Schlitzaf

Dalthus Crusade

​During the waning years of the last centuries of the 40th Millennium, the Calaxis Sector had gone silent, the tithes had stopped coming, and any attempt at correspondences to loyalists in the Sector were found wanting. This silence, would eventually result in the Imperium mustering its forces. To retake and reclaim the sector. One of these forces, came to be known as the Dalthus Crusade, 200 Black Templars, were by sent by the High Marshall to aid in the recovery of Calaxis Sector. 

​The Crusade itself was launched seventy-five years before the return of the Primarch Roboute Gulliman. It was led by the Twin Marshalls, Geof Iuris and Schlitzaf Iuris. Twins from a Feudal of World of Equas Sigma, this was the first solo Crusade. The goal of the Crusade was simple, secure a position in the Hazeroth Subsector, move to Cloister, then onto Scintilla itself. Joined by the Vostroyan 27th, 33rd and 105th Infantry Regiments led by General Charles Wilhelm, they alongside other Imperial Forces, were entrusted to retake the Calaxis Sector.

Part 1

​The Crusader arrived late, for the Vostroyan had arrived ahead of schedule and were embroiled in a conflict over the Agri-World of Hesoid's Wake. During the decade, chaos taint had infiltrated the Vostroyan Command structure, that would result in 105th Vostroyan Infantry turning to Chaos. Setting themselves up on nearby Mining World of Dalthus, the Templars launched an attack. It would take only a couple years but eventually the treacherous 105th were destroyed. The next couple of decades saw the Marshalls liberating and reclaiming Purgatory of Soubirous, Clove, and Guytoga. Key worlds for the Crusade's future. These decades would also see the disappearance of the twin's mentor, the Reclusiarch Marius.

​Part 2

​The next part of the Crusade would last until the end of the Indomitus Crusader and Ultima Founding. After Hive World of Guytoga was pacified and the Templars were preparing to move out once more to retake Cloister. The Orks of Stygian System, unified by Warboss Rafka, launched an assault against that Hive World. Stuck in between a rock and hard place, the eldest of the Twins, Schlitzaf, decided to stay and help the Guardsmen. 

​His brother Geof, knowing he couldn't complete the mission without his brother stayed despite his grievances against the idea. The resulting conflict was nearly two centuries of fighting, and saw the effective fighting force of the Dalthus Crusade whittled down to less than 40 Battle Brothers and Neophytes. The first century also saw the lost of Emperor's Champion Veltico, and the 'Teleporta' Fleet appearance over the worlds of Guytoga, Clove, Hesoid's Wake and Purgatory of Soubirous. The worst of all was Marius reappearance at the Tomb of Orendal.... 

​A stroke of luck had it that the Ordos Hereticus Inquistor Serena and Ordos Xenos Inquistor Tiena would both arrive at Dalthus during these centuries with both reinforcements and good tidings. The war remained a stalemate, for the 'Teleporta' Fleet had nearly conquered the entirety of the Templar 5. Until the Primaris. 

Part 3

​The twins personally requested for a contingent of Primaris Marines to aid in their struggle. They would take any would who come. Including those squads of mixed Gene-Seed who did not wish to be separate. Schlitzaf once again overruling his brother, for in his mind, the Mix-Seed Primaris, were no different than the Crusader Squads of the Black Templars. Friends and Battle Brother who wished to fight alongside each other as comrades. 

​The notable events here, the arrival of Primaris begun with the Duel of Dalthus. In which Marius and his allies had arrived at Dalthus, hoping to attack his former brothers while they were receiving the Primaris reinforcements. The battle culminated in a duel between Marius and the Twin Marshalls, in which Marius swapped aside Schlitzaf and went to kill Geof. Ordos Hereticus Serena, at which point revealed her mutation, and cast a spell. From Geof back sprouted two dragonic wings granting him additional strength that would allow him to best his former mentor. 

The second event was the assault upon Stygian Prime, by the Dalthus Crusade and their allies. The arrival of Primaris and defeat of Marius gave them an opportunity to finally end the Ork Wraagh! once and for all. Rallying the remaining of the Vostroyan Regiments, enlisting the Scions of Tiena and Serena, the Templars attacked Stygian Prime. During that campaign Marshall Geof Iuris would fight and slay the Warboss in revenge for what happened to Velitco a century earlier. Despite his grievances, he would used the wings he had acquire during the Duel of Dalthus, for this purpose. To grant him both speed, and ability to land behind enemy lines. Shield in hand, he sought out the Warboss and dueled him. 

​That Duel would see Interceptors and Terminators accompanying him badly bruised but not defeated. Using his shield to deflect the aliens fist, launched himself forward. And slamming his Lighting Claw through the head of the Ork Warboss...

​(For those curious the events described in those parts each happened to one extent or another. During a campaign held at my Games Workshop, called the Calaxis Campaign (using the Dark Heresy Calaxis Sector Map). After the campaign ended, I used how my army changed over the years to inform the rest of the story. And the alternate name for my Crusade is the "Tragic Dalthus" Crusade. Free Chainswords for whomever can guess which real life events corresponded to which moments. Free Hint: the method of Part separation is important)

​Characters of the Dalthus Crusade 

​Marshall Geof Iuris. The younger of the two marshals, wields a Storm Shield and Lighting Claw, during the duel of Dalthus received a mutation granting him wings that enable him to fly across the battlefield. Is against the defensive nature of the campaign, which places him at odds with his brother during the battle against Orks of Stygian Prime. His reception of the wings, is one who detests and is angry over. One of the Primaris of Mix-Seed told him, "If you believe it is going corrupt you or worse, do all you can, with the time you have left."

http://i.imgur.com/fvG4MEr.jpg?1

Marshall Schlitzaf Iuris. The eldest of the two marshals, wields Twin Lighting Claws, and is the overall commander of the Crusade. His 'protective' style has placed him at his odds with his brother. Schlitzaf believes that the Crusade has neither the numbers nor the manpower, required for the original mission. Considering that upon arrival they lost contact with the Imperial Forces, beside the Vostroyan Regiments.

http://i.imgur.com/Pzm7aTR.jpg?1

A Primaris of the Dalthus Crusade. Scion of Sanganius, he places himself at the front, for a similar reason he told Marshall Geof. As a result of that conversation and the Battle of Stygian Prime, he has formed a close bond with Marshall Geof.

http://i.imgur.com/cBgBA6c.jpg?1

Banner Bearer and Company Ancient Gladius, has replaced the Emperor's Champion Velitico and Marius send the former's death and latter's fall from grace. 

http://i.imgur.com/13TTvpU.jpg?1

Emperor's Champion Veltico. Met his end during the early stages of the Dalthus Crusade, fighting Warboss Rafka, after he had slained the Warboss bodyguards. The Warboss Rafka slew him by grabbing the Champion's head with his Power Claw and shattering it.

http://i.imgur.com/95l1omA.jpg?1

Ordos Hereticus Inquistor Serena, wielding a Null Rod, and a Bolt Pistol she joined the Templars during the early stages of Wraagh! Rafka. She hid her physic abilities, until she saw Marius nearly kill Geof Iuris at which point unleashing them to save him, with an unforeseen consequence.

http://i.imgur.com/FwIVVRd.jpg?1

A Sword Brother and regular member of the Dalthus Crusade, Brother Jon Po. He wields a Combi-Melta and Power Ax.

http://i.imgur.com/DPZkFIq.jpg?1

A Vostroyan Gaurdsmen Leopold wielding a Flamer, a member of the Vostroyan Infantry Regiments that serve alongside the Black Templars.

http://i.imgur.com/PMZfIf7.jpg?1

The Full Crusade (2000 Points). Its not the current list and this is not the best picture, after tomorrow I should hopefully happen have a better one to share and show off. You can see the Scions in the back with Dark Elf Cloaks. Right under them are the Vostroyans and the company commander accompanied by the Agri-World-Feudal World Snipers. On the right beside the Twin Marshalls are the two Crusader Squads. On the Marshalls left are Primaris Squads. The furthest units to the side are Devastators, Assault Terminators and Cenobyte. 

http://i.imgur.com/anfvMbB.jpg?1

• 6 months later...

So I played two games last night one vs SoB and another vs Necrons

———————

SOB

We deployed I did my standard setup, Marines take the center positions Gaurd Teams deploy to respective flanks with Bikers then moving to intercept on right most flanks. My opponent took the first turn.

T1 (them)

They moved their Rhinos into the central position, Celestine providing the buffs, Seraphim acting as flankers in the bank and side of the army

T1 (me)

I moved and advance center, and deployed my 9 deep strikers or outflankers. The mission was resupply I surrounded him on all flanks. Turn 1 priority was disembarking and killing the Arcos, Priest and Seraphim. I killed one of the Seraphim Squads, destroyed two Rhinos, two Arcos models and the priest.

However they used Matyrdom to prevent me from killing the second Seraphim Squad. However my actions got me first blood. And I surrounded and cornered the enemy. The Immolator Twin Flamer torched a Pony Squad on overwatch.

Turn 2 (Them)

The objective was revealed to be one of the objectives in their deployment zone. Contested by my Bikers and one of the Rhinos. Their Arcos charged my Front Crusader Squad and Celestine Charged my Reivars.

My Bikers were also attacked shot to ribbons by his army. And my pony Units severely wounded overall. With only two left. My crusaders effectively absorbed the charge from the Arcos cutting them down to a man. Losing their Neophytes in return.

My HI Castallen, helped turn the tide with his Teeth of Terra most of all.

Turn 2: Me

My weapons laid Celestine low via Lascannons, Intercessors and other small arms. My flankers on right, Scions and Interceptors we’re laid and reduce to nought. I managed to reduce the remaining Seraphim down to only a couple girls from four men.

I took out the remaining Arco’s via Pistol shootings at this time and his Warlord Canonnes took overcharge Plasma to the Face. Celestine revived and appeared in his lines I tied most of his forces in melee.

Turn 3: Him

Celestine and Warlord Canonness, one of his immolators joined combat against my characters. The exchange left my Marshall, Castallen, his Canoness and Celestine mostly Dead. My forces forced bumper cars as I finally turned the game squarely in my favor. My remaining Crusaders were severely reduced.

Turn 3: Me

Emperor’s Champion and the remaining Crusaders finished off Celestine. Champion finishing blow with his pistol. Intercessor pushed up field to take objective. The game became ‘over’ but not won.

Turn 4: Him

Remaining Deathrider got charged and locked in combat with 3-4 other units. Intercessors claimed objective. As they fought off SoB Units. Champion died to a Melta Shot.

Turn 4: Me

Gaurdsman moved up and help Marines. Games was mostly over now. It was just finishing up the process. I pushed destroyed one of his remaining immolators. Last Seraphim finally died.

Turn 5-7

I was reduced to Gaurdsman and couple Intercessors and he was reduced to Canoness, StormBolter Sisters and MeltaGun Sisters. Intercessors took down most of the remaining Girls. While being themselves reduced to one man from two five man. My Infantry Squads won the game for me, with being only thing left and surrounding Canoness.

‘Shrug’ I didn’t have any spare jump packs, and it was because shannigans happened that resulted in my Storm/Claw Marshall getting Wings of Sanganius

/// Necrons (1000 Points)

It’s NeoKill Points

Terrain pretty basic setup, we got corners and 6 objectives, force two Intercessors, two Crusaders, Marshall, Castallen, Champion, Cenos and Devies. I took first turn

—-

T1: Advance on enemy position, separated my forces, half my army went to take west objectives and other half went to take northern Objectives. My Devies killed a Destroyer and my Intercessors killed a few Warriors

T1 (Him): His forces moved to engage, he activated his will be done and then veiled his immortals and Cryptek to Eastern Objectives. Immortals proceeded to kill my Devies to a Man. And then his wraiths advanced. Took a few wounds off my Crusaders

T2 (Me): I moved my units and forsakes West, claimed Eastern and move my men to claim his backfield objective in the Far East. Devi jumped behind cover. I charged the Wraiths and the my Castallen the Scarabs. The Wraiths and I proceeded to noodle slap rest of game. At this stage I took center objective as well.

Turn 2 (him) He shoot Western Crusader Squad down to a man. His immortals nearly killed my Castallen, the destroyers tried to murder my Intercessors holding center objective.

Turn 3 (me) I Charge the Warrior Units holding the center and proceeded to smash them. They withstood with Necron leadership and several came back next turn. I secured the Western Objective and killed another Wraith

Turn 3 (him) He killed my Castallen, he charged his Overlord into my Emperor’s Champion. Intercessor in cover were killed leaving Cenos to claim the center. I finished off his first warrior squad.

Turn 4 (me) I finally killed the last of the Wraith Squad with my Crusaders. The Overlord met his hand at my Champion hand. Marshall and remaining Crusader Charged his second warrior squad. Devestator Shot Destroyers and Still did nothing.

Turn 4 (him): Championed murdered by Destroyers, and Immortals left cover killing 4 man strong Crusader Squad. Marshall and remaining Sword Brothern continued to punch Necrons Warriors.

Turn 5 (me): Finished off Warrior Squad. Left with Intercessors at 4 in West, Devies at 1 on Backfield, Marshall and SB on his backfield, with Cenos on Center. He surrendered the game as he was unlikely to table which he needed to win the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Games last week

G1 vs Uthwe (Effective Draw, result 31-30)

T1 Standard setup with tide. Kill Points/Objective

He deployed Reavers and such in center, Farseer and more. Guardians with Eldrad in the far left. Left my units to contest entire board.

I stole initiative, advanced quickly and took central position. Turn 1, poor advance rolls that likely hurt me. I destroyed Serpent with his Council.

I deployed entire force in mass, and surrounded him. Sent Bikers to keep his units occupied. On left.

His T1 he wiped a Crusader Squads, I took out his transport. He also brought out his black guardians to counter my forces.

T2

Second Crusader Squad would get annihilated in his turn. We both forgot about a Homefield Objective resulting in me losing 1 PT. (hence effective draw). Otherwise the second push up I destroyed an avenger and riddled his reapers down to effectively nothing this turn. Some ponies killed themselves.

T3

Moved Bikers away from harassing Gaurdians. Retreated Interceptor away from field as down to one wound. Primaris Intercessors engages and took his homefield he begun to move on my Rattlings. I moved to counter with my Gaurdsman.

T4

Primaris reduce to 7 man total secured center, Farseer went Nuclear. Killed off my Champion and wounding my characters likewise for himself as well. He took far right Objective. My Lascannons then proceeded to murder the jetbike Farseer.

Moved Gaurdians up.

T5

He moved his serpent up and killed last rattling claiming Objective. And I Battleshock A Unit and lost. I however battle Battleshock his Gaurdians before I myself died. The game ended with 31-30, through had we both not forgotten Backfield it would been 31-31 solid game overall.

G2 vs Dark Angels;

Standard setup, despoil, he took first turn.

Deployed Skitarii to try them out

T1: He took it and then murdered Skitarii Units and my Rattlings. Advanced his bikers and shot some Plasma. I moved my Crusaders up and deployed most of my reserves severely weakening his hellbasters units. His Knights deployed on my flank

T2 both Crusader Squads took damage failed my deny roll. JetMarshall and Reivars appeared and managed together to put the hurt on. Champion took down Librarians. I dispoiled one of his objectives. Taking 3 VP

T3 - he conceded on his turn

I played two games last night, first was 1000 v 1000. It went how most games went save the weird deployment. We got Patrol/Corners. I didn’t get my preferred Squads for deployment. So I ended up only with Intercessors and Champion on board with two Deep Reivers.

Otherwise game went well. I charged Center while I lost first Blood with Reivar Squads. My two Crusader Squads and remaining Intercessors carried the day for me. Marshall and Castallen murdered the enemy.

Second game was 2 v 2, and open war, game ended turn 2. I held backfield objective ally took front field. Champion whiffed vs serpent bodyguard people. I held the line overall. I am quite enjoying the hit before die Strategem. Castallen with Teeth murdered Celestine again.

Did about 2000 Point game last night. Imperial Vs Imperial. Resupply Mission. We got long ways Deployment.

Turn 1;

Mostly uneventful. Some moving around, we got a couple potshots off. I meandered in the middle to get stay between a couple objective areas. My turned I killed Vindicire. My opponent murdered my Rattlings. Some Skitarri were flamed by Celestine nothing else really happened. Culexes was annoying. My Plasma did damage on enemy Intercessors.

Turn 2

I brought in my Deathriders. They tied up the enemy left flank for two turns. My I killed the Culexus with Flamers. Celestine murdered by my Castallen. Enemy deployed their Nurglings and Inquistor.

I managed to pop shot off some more guys. Skitarri engaged the flanks effectively. I think no longer will run any ArcRifles affer this. I just needed to find 6 Skitarri to convert and change to proper guns

Turn 3:

Objectives were chosen. Celestine had revived. Both ended up on my backfield. Game was mine at this point. I held the line. I blasted Celestine with a Lascannon. And held the Northern Flank against the enemy. My Reivars came down.

Turn 4:

One Reivar Squad was murdered by Autocannons, I took down Belial, combat against Terminators were joined otherwise. The flank began to get pushed in. My Southern began to collapse but Skitarri moved went to reinforce it effectively.

Turn 5-6

Games was rushed, nothing major happened otherwise. I held my position. And didn’t Falter. I took the game in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

So had game vs Admech Stygies. We had triangle long way setup. And standard setup on my part. Enemy used a Battlelion. Forward deployed Kataphron Destroyers. Game was Ascension

T1 (Foe’s Turn)

He deployed Callidus. Opening Salvo killed almost all of my Gaurdsman on board. Otherwise my force mostly unmolested. He advanced his Dunestriders to my front.

T1 (My Turn)

Deployed Ponies, Reivars and Castallen. I moved forward. My Left Skitarri engage Callidus and we start fighting a long term noodle fight. My right Skitarri, alongside Ponies, engage the enemy Kataphrons. My Marines led by Champion and Castallen destroy the Dunestriders. Reivars are Eviscerated on Overwatch.

T2 (him)

Remaining Reivars are destroyed. The enemy Onager’s start taking pop shots. My Crusader Squads are significantly reduced in manpower. Taking the blows otherwise meant for me Characters against enemy shooting. Assassin and Destroyers continue to fight my Units

T2 (Me)

Leaving his Warlord Exposed, I drop my Scions and kill him. My remaining Crusader Squads, Castallen, Champion and Marshall, engage enemy Kastallens. Champion absorbs Overwatch. And rest of the game I proceed to keep his Kataphrons stuck in.

Intercessors cut down his Skitarri Squads. Reducing them to the 3 Man Range. The enemy engagement with Destroyers and right Skitarri continues. However joined by my charging Ponies. Whom help further reduce enemy numbers with d3 damage.

T3 (Him)

Then the previous rounds continue, Onagers wipe out Scions. Callidus cuts down the remaining Skitarri leaving only Enginseer. The enemy engages my Character and Crusader with Cybernetica and 2nd Dominatus. I ended up killing one of those two this round.

Turn 3 (Me)

Repeating the previous round, Cenos are deployed and take center objective. One Intercessors Squad goes to support my Characters and remaining Crusaders. And other goes to fight left Skitarri and Callidus. Contesting that objective.

Turn 4-6

These turns are mostly just wrap up. I am left with only 18 models but I end with 15 VP to enemy 4-5ish. (Having essentially gained 2-3 VP almost every one of my turns).

Lost game to Salamanders; Ash Mantle Carried.

I’ll a fuller report later in the week. But a couple of basic things. Likely changing Metallica to a another Forged World, in the future. While running flanking Skitarri was successful, their ability to properly engage and contribute beside not dying was minimal.

Going to move the Squads of Skitarri from 4 7 Man to 3 7 Man. Additionally gonna be giving them ArcMauls for a little more hitting. And running all three in the same flank so them and techpriest enginseers. That’ll be give or take 10 PowWeapon Attacks each round.

Using left over points for a TriplePlasma Special Squad in my Vostroyans. However the battle basically went as it should have. Major issue was the fact that Ashmantle absorbed more attacks than he should have.

I realize I forgot to post the result of last week’s game. But this week I have basically repeated and similar experience I was too aggressive and should have held back for one more turn. Furthermore I have once again been underwhelmed by the AdMech Forces. If they are unable to take flank position they are simply moderately better armored Gaurdsman.

I am going to replace them with my Deathriders, a second Heavy Weapon Squad, and a Special Weapon Squad, alongside a third Reivar Squad. I also made the mistake with my units in that I should have gone for a stacked flanked

• 1 month later...

Played my first two games in awhile, won one and nominally won the other (had the store not closed I likely would have lost!). The core game and plan worked, the second game I didn’t properly setup up to receive the charge from the Zerkers cost me my Squads. So by the end all the Zerkers and all my non-character PA were dead.

But the core take away. Eisen needs to be not be babysitting and protecting Backfield. However his primary damage is Cherubeal. And he is too fragile and easily goes dodo. Second Fallen were amazing counter charge and anchors for my Gaurdsman. While in both games they weren’t how I would most often play them.

They showed themselves quite well to the point I found my need flankers for the perimeter of my army. Only sadness is that they don’t have real mobility. So won’t be able to screen flanks that far ahead of my force. Been able to anchor my backfield while controlling midfield as my ‘center’ advances. I’ll need a couple more games, to determine a more final setup and how I’ll use them.

But they fill the additional body count while bringing attacks and more to bear. Espacially because Chain Axes. Really Chain Axes and only being a single point more expensive than normal Marines.

Archived