I, Chapter Master Holden, with all my strength, honor and faith in the Lion, pledge my Champion: Primaris Captain Rykar Jezeriah of the Lions Sable Chapter. Failure of my oath is not an option.

This is my first attempt with greenstuff as well, so it might look a little rough. I used a weapon left over from a Storm Cast Judicator kit, which I hope is alright. In addition, Rykar is a character for my own custom chapter, which I hope is allowed. If you want to read my fluff for it, you can find it in WIP or the general DA forums. 

Beginning Stages

Rykar Jezeriah Before

Assembled 

Rykar Jezeriah4

Rykar Jezeriah3

Rykar Jezeriah2

Rykar Jezeriah1

As you can tell, I used the hammer/axe from the Storm Cast Eternal Judicator kit. I thought that this gave him a different look from others I have seen around on this thread. This was important to me not only because it gives Rykar a little flair, but fits with the theme of my custom chapter. The only Dark Angel bits that I have on there so far are the wings that come with the Deathwing Command squad. I wanted him to look like the Dark Angels, but didn't want it to be too overboard, just subtle hints that tie into his overall look. I wanted to give him the banner that comes with the Deathwing Command squad and use greenstuff to make it into a full banner instead of just terminator mounted, but since it is a custom chapter I decided against it. 

Final product coming soon!

Vow complete. Rykar Jezeriah, Primaris Captain of the Successor Chapter Lions Sable, is ready for battle. 

It looks like this champion is already yelling intimidating things at the others. 

Just a little less than a week everyone, than your champions shall be judged. 

I received no go-ahead from Darkn3ssF4lls whether this mini would qualify as a Primaris. I still went ahead and got it done. I think it turned out ok for a successor or DA Artificer Armour. So yes, here is Lemuel:

Hidden Content

YfdVbQI.jpg

JuwDgZI.jpg

pqSZ3ja.jpg

In accordance with this model's name I gifted it to the store owner of my local GW store, who is a big DA fan. At least this model managed to make one person very happy :smile.:

Edited by Frater Cornelius

I received no go-ahead from Darkn3ssF4lls whether this mini would qualify as a Primaris. I still went ahead and got it done. I think it turned out ok for a successor or DA Artificer Armour. So yes, here is Lemuel:

Hidden Content

YfdVbQI.jpg

JuwDgZI.jpg

pqSZ3ja.jpg

In accordance with this model's name I gifted it to the store owner of my local GW store, who is a big DA fan. At least this model managed to make one person very happy :)

This looks far better than I would imagine. Have you tried how it looks with space marine backpack? The AoS ones feels a bit too non-40K to me. But the painting execution is very nice.

@ Chmur - Difficult topic. It makes it look a tad more 40k. However, it does not fit between the pauldrons and it looks a bit out of place next to the rest of the mini. I have to admit, that I could have done a better job with the backpack. I could've added cables and better exhausts. There is definitely potential, hence why I tend towards a modified AoS backpack. I will try and improve on this when I build the next batch of guys. The recipient did not mind, so I guess it is ok as it is.

@ Chmur - Difficult topic. It makes it look a tad more 40k. However, it does not fit between the pauldrons and it looks a bit out of place next to the rest of the mini. I have to admit, that I could have done a better job with the backpack. I could've added cables and better exhausts. There is definitely potential, hence why I tend towards a modified AoS backpack. I will try and improve on this when I build the next batch of guys. The recipient did not mind, so I guess it is ok as it is.

I didn't mean it in a bad way - I was more interested if this was a "design" issue or "fit" issue. As I said, I didn't think this conversion would work (I've seen some AoS conversions done by our local guys and I was not sold on them) and the only thing that doesn't fit for me is the backpack on your conversion, therefore the question. But that does not mean what you did is wrong :)

I didn't mean it in a bad way - I was more interested if this was a "design" issue or "fit" issue. As I said, I didn't think this conversion would work (I've seen some AoS conversions done by our local guys and I was not sold on them) and the only thing that doesn't fit for me is the backpack on your conversion, therefore the question. But that does not mean what you did is wrong :smile.:

Didn't take in a bad way. What I am saying is that the backpack was a major hurdle and still is with my UM and that I could've done a better job, hindsight being 20/20. It is a learning experience ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ya, so if people want to kill the interest level on a forum - this is how you do it. We're now day 20 from the due date of the competition. I'm actually pretty shocked...

Because god forbid a life could come into way of hobby and internet forum... The main goal of the challenges was to get yourself to complete a model, mission accomplished.

Because god forbid a life could come into way of hobby and internet forum... The main goal of the challenges was to get yourself to complete a model, mission accomplished.

I guess some of us have different expectations. 3 months leading up to the submission, and then another 20 days?  I'm pretty sure the scheduling could have been figured out, or adjusted by now. The show must go on. Life does get in the way, so you adjust and come up with plan B. But what evs. lol

Sorry that the time schedule was not up to your standards, but real life does take precedence over a hobby .

The main objective was to stimulate people into painting and converted so that was achieved, anything else is just icing on the top. Still, the poll will be posted today.

You can vote here

Edit: poll link

Edited by Chaplain Lucifer

Sorry that the time schedule was not up to your standards, but real life does take precedence over a hobby .

The main objective was to stimulate people into painting and converted so that was achieved, anything else is just icing on the top. Still, the poll will be posted today.

You can vote here

Edit: poll link

I'm not sure why I need to be told what the main objective is, Its plainly obvious what it was. The issue here is following thru and getting the voting done which takes very little effort to accomplish. You did it in one post which could have been handled weeks ago. Life gets in the way of many things, My mother had open heart surgery last month and I still was able to plot a way to help with her issue and have time to finish this project and work 50 hours a week and study. I don't think its asking much to complete goals and commitments at least within a week or 2 of the target. Or at least keep the participants in the loop of an expected date. 

Edited by Master Toddius