Primaris Captain and Librarian in DW now [Reivers too]

Irbis

I have a feeling no one knows what they are doing.

There is precedent for this, though. IIRC, there are two models of librarian (or was that chaplain?), one chapter specific one and one generic. Guess which one DW is allowed to take - hint, it's the one that has separate pad, despite all the unique bling on him.

Two interesting things here. This librarian costs the same as regular one - if he has boosted primaris statline, all MEQ librarians were just made obsolete in a single strike...

Second, look at what was needed for DW to take these two. Explicit permission amending DW table - so, sadly, all arguments DW can take FW stuff are now officially dead until FAQ.

Is that really the case? I don't know. That may not be their intention to begin with. I mean, despite how strong Primaris guys are, they are still not as experienced as their previous generation counterparts. The time has passed and now slowly but surely we will have a couple of Primaris boys to work with. 

@Irbis

Considering the stuff I really want to have from ForgeWorld, which is the Fellblade, I am not worried about it at all. I can understand why the Deathwatch would not be given the same luxury of wargear compared to the standard Chapters. 

I am not worried about it at all. I can understand why the Deathwatch would not be given the same luxury of wargear compared to the standard Chapters. 

The sarcasm is real. I jumped on Deathwatch when they rolled out. Laughed and cried at the amount I spent on them and the haphazard way GW handled the elite of the elite. Gave away most of it. I still have no idea what I'm going to do with this collector's edition that I have not opened yet with obsolete rules in it.

I wouldn't have minded if they had corrected their mistake in 8th. But they again seem like over costed marines and marines are already in trouble in a lot of areas. 

Bleh... Really wish they had actually been the elites they are described as being in the books.

I am not worried about it at all. I can understand why the Deathwatch would not be given the same luxury of wargear compared to the standard Chapters. 

The sarcasm is real. I jumped on Deathwatch when they rolled out. Laughed and cried at the amount I spent on them and the haphazard way GW handled the elite of the elite. Gave away most of it. I still have no idea what I'm going to do with this collector's edition that I have not opened yet with obsolete rules in it.

I wouldn't have minded if they had corrected their mistake in 8th. But they again seem like over costed marines and marines are already in trouble in a lot of areas. 

Bleh... Really wish they had actually been the elites they are described as being in the books.

But I am serious. :)

The Deathwatch aren't a major scale army. They are basically black ops/hunters.  I can always get around that by making the Primaris guys as a custom chapter that operates alongside the Deathwatch as a brand new force. They won't have the Special Issue Ammo, but what they do have is still good enough for me to include them in a separate detachment anyway. 

I saw potential in what they had in 7th. The rules just work against them since their BSSF was built around getting one extra Mission Tactic and the ability to Deep Strike, not that it'll benefit them at all as they were basically sitting ducks for one turn. 

For what it's worth, I thought they did alright as they are now. I never expected them to be the new OP, but I have gotten good results with them. Fights with them are no longer one-sided against me. The hardest trick with them is to think long-term with them and to make every single move with them count because they got the options, but not the survivability. And I intend to unlock that potential. :)

Don't worry, they'll find a way to mess wit us still.

Knowing GW, they'll give them jet packs and bikes, but won't let DW Primaris take them, so they're essentially useless footsloggers no one would ever take anyways.

If they get access to everything in the Forgeworld book - that includes the Mastodon and the Stormbird, both of which which can take Primaris.

Nice, now to just find that 500 bucks I left lying around . . . :laugh.:

Update:  Mastodon cannot carry Primaris.  Dunno where this rumour started . . . :dry.:

Edited by Vel'Cona

I guess my squad/librarian will be wading into a hail of enemy fire.

Or you can deploy an incredibly cost-effective meathshield of Veterans w/ SS!  :P