++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

I, Sagentus, challenge Drac0 to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a unit of infantry, I shall bring forth a 10 man squad of bezerkers before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

If the minimum unit size for bezerkers is higher than 10 could someone let me know :-)

Edited by Sagentus

Here's some extra motivation:

http://imgur.com/a/tEdo7

P.S . Just the PoLC termies and yes, somehow one of the Lightning claws got lost when I moved -.-'

No "just" about it - nice converted terminators. Reminds me of this guy, currently in my "never quite got round to finishing him" pile, which is small, but massively outnumbers my "actually finished it" pile.

Deathwing conversion

So I'm tired again, but off to pick up that paintbrush.

Edited by LameBeard

Solid paint job there  LameBeard. Only thing I would point out is the glow on the sword, other than that great tabletop standard.

Don't let the lazyness get the best of you, grab them paints and brushes and get cracking ;)

I, Sagentus, challenge Drac0 to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a unit of infantry, I shall bring forth a 10 man squad of bezerkers before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

If the minimum unit size for bezerkers is higher than 10 could someone let me know :-)

Minimum Squad size is actually 5 and Maximum Squad size is 20 currently. This may change with the new codex. Hope that helps.

I, Drac0, accept the challenge set to me by Sagentus, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a infantry unit. I shall bring forth a 10 man crusader squad before the deadline of  August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

image.gif?w=400&c=1

Minimum Squad size is actually 5 and Maximum Squad size is 20 currently. This may change with the new codex. Hope that helps.

At least we've picked squads that have the same model count range xD

Anyways, here's my squad:

http://imgur.com/a/EmrpR

some random marines I got in a trade some years back, never bothered to work on them, might as well seize this opportunity to do so and make them useful. (that gold marine though....) xD

I, Varred, challenge Trokair to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a CHARACTER ON FOOT, I shall bring forth a PRIMARIS LIBRARIAN before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I, Trokair, accept the challenge set to me by Varred, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Character on Foot. I shall bring forth a 2nd Edition Necron Lord before the deadline of or August 31st 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

gallery_29932_13461_42522.jpg

He is currently enjoying a acetone bath and I will post another picture once he is all cleaned up. He will also need some repair work on the arm.

Edited by Trokair

I, GreyRavenC, challenge The Traitor to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character on foot. I shall bring forth a Chaplain before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

gallery_92826_13417_6338.jpg

Edited by GreyRavenC

I, The Traitor, accept the challenge set to me by GreyRavenC, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Character on foot. I shall bring forth a Dark Apostle to rival the foolish words of his chaplain ;) before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

As I said before I won't be able to start for some time, but as soon as I do I'll post some pics!

Solid paint job there  LameBeard. Only thing I would point out is the glow on the sword, other than that great tabletop standard.

Don't let the lazyness get the best of you, grab them paints and brushes and get cracking :wink:

Thanks - on the Deathwing, I just couldn't decide on the blade - light blue seemed daunting, too big for metallic, maybe obsidian blade? Apart from that, just needs decals and base touching up.  But what usually freezes me mid-paint job is the realisation that the finish is not going to live up to my original conception.  I have become a better converter over the years, but a worse painter.

On the Chaplain - many issues - but here proof I picked up the paintbrush!

My aim was to go for Standard Word bearer, but with the main torso plate black. Even scab red seemed too bright, so I toned it down. I think I've overdone it - hardly 'Crimson' as I believe Dembski-Bowden describes it.

Also I was worried about too much gold, so created a kind of brass for the trim on the legs. I like the colour, but looks more 40k than 30k for some reason, and so I have decided to change this to gold - will also tie it back to the shoulder-guard gold.  But my gold paint is really struggling. Crozius looks awful.  And when I looked at Kurtha Sedd, his crozius seems to be made of marble?!  Marble might be a bridge too far, but I might change it to some kind of stone.  Will reduce the amout of gold and solve some of the coverage issues.  Not sure if I can really 'sell' it though.

chapWIP

I, GreyRavenC, challenge The Traitor to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character on foot. I shall bring forth a Chaplain  before the deadline of August 31st, 2017.

Paint the crozius first - then maybe I can copy you!

I usually paint them like this:

- Base: Balthasar gold

- Layer: Gehenna Gold

- Wash: Agrax Earthshade

- Drybrush: Gehenna Gold

- Highlight: Runefang steel (Optional)

If you have some patience, I'll see what I can paint the crozius first. Although I usually keep that for last.

Don't let the lazyness get the best of you, grab them paints and brushes and get cracking :wink:

Thanks - on the Deathwing, I just couldn't decide on the blade - light blue seemed daunting, too big for metallic, maybe obsidian blade? Apart from that, just needs decals and base touching up.  But what usually freezes me mid-paint job is the realisation that the finish is not going to live up to my original conception.  I have become a better converter over the years, but a worse painter.

On the Chaplain - many issues - but here proof I picked up the paintbrush!

My aim was to go for Standard Word bearer, but with the main torso plate black. Even scab red seemed too bright, so I toned it down. I think I've overdone it - hardly 'Crimson' as I believe Dembski-Bowden describes it.

Also I was worried about too much gold, so created a kind of brass for the trim on the legs. I like the colour, but looks more 40k than 30k for some reason, and so I have decided to change this to gold - will also tie it back to the shoulder-guard gold.  But my gold paint is really struggling. Crozius looks awful.  And when I looked at Kurtha Sedd, his crozius seems to be made of marble?!  Marble might be a bridge too far, but I might change it to some kind of stone.  Will reduce the amout of gold and solve some of the coverage issues.  Not sure if I can really 'sell' it though.

On the deathwing for the sword I would probably go for the classic black and green glow.

Looking good on the chaplain, its easier to paint gold if you give it an undercoat of brown then paint the gold, git it a brown(ish) wash and finally some light drybrush highlights.

pretty much the formula given by  GreyRavenC

OK, my first "in the beginning" shot. It starts with a bunch of sprues, since I'm pillaging the bits boxes.

sprues1.jpg

I'm going to make guys of multiple races. First guy will be a Tau (before greenstuff)....

poxtau1.jpg

More to come.....

Edited by rednekkboss

I, Vairocanum, challenge Kordhal to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a character on foot. I shall bring forth a Nurgle Plague Lord before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I, Kordhal, accept the challenge set to me by Vairocanum and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Character on foot. I shall bring forth a Tech-marine of the Void Revenants Chapter, to counter the foul machinations of his Nurgle Plague Lord with the purity of the machine, before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

Maybe a mace instead of the sword? But the paint will ultimately decide his imperial fistness^^

U can see how i did Captain in this thread, but i am undecided on his armour.

​On one hand IF are codex compliant. Even more than the smurfs since the introduction of Tyrranic War Vets, but on the other hand he will not look as a fist would have.

I'll look into what maces or hammers do i have in my bitsbox.

Cheers

Varred