Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

MindOfMetal

MindOfMetal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
  • Faction: 10th Legion, Mechanicum

My challenge pledge is done.

Below are the finished Belatucadros, Yang Jian and Kalki

gallery_80005_13418_32257.jpg

Here are the finished Segomo and Kovas

gallery_80005_13418_16741.jpg

Edited by MindOfMetal, 24 July 2017 - 04:24 PM.

• Dolchiate Remembrancer, Dosjetka and Warsmith Uveron like this

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts

Thanks, Varred and GreyRavenC, for the assist. I totally missed all posts on this page for some reason.
@ Dolchiate Remembrancer: Lovely Blue Horrors tere, buddy! Is that a finished :cuss, or is there a detail missing I cannot see?
@ KBA: Could you post the actual picture ni the thread? I - and all of us - would love to see it! :D

Gah!

Ok second try:

FaO0xhE.jpg

They look a little (a lot) like Primaris Iron Warriors. Still lots to do :)

A little more work:

OleIwJr.jpg

Edited by KBA, 24 July 2017 - 11:49 PM.

• Soldier of Dorn likes this
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Kordhal

Kordhal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
  • Faction: Blackshields

@the Traitor: Cheers am glad you like them (and thank you for all the tips and suggestions)! The white is created by starting with a base of administratum grey and slowly working my way up to almost pure ceramite white! Yeah these guys have just made planetfall so am going for the pristine clean look. 

@Mind of Metal: Those Custodes are ace, really loving the alternate black colour scheme! They look like they are almost in mourning for something. 

@KBA: Those intercessors are looking sweet, am really excited to seem em finished!

• The Traitor likes this

Pt8pgqK.jpgjnuXQUl.jpg

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,774 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Update! 

AzkbTtq.png

Legs: Done!

zJoqbF0.png?1

Head: Almost done. Horns still need a bit of work and some final work on the lower jaw. 

Wings: One half bulked up. 

z9HYeyH.png

Next up is the back, then the arms, and then the base before painting. I can do this, but this is all I can think about...

lmTijau.gif

• Grotsmasha, Augustus b'Raass and Teetengee like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,861 posts

@Kordhal: Missed your intercessor squad the first time around, but wow they look fantastic. Love the helmets and congrats on the completion!

@KBA: Great looking squad so far! The colors fit together nicely and look forward to seeing how different they'll be from the Iron Warriors when completed!

@Brother Chaplain Kage: That bloodthirster is looking amazing, some phenomenal sculpting! Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
  • Faction: Harvesters of Souls

@Kordhal: clean look is also fine, as I said, it was just an idea ;).

So, Augustus, add this to the Finished Product list, for The Traitor met the timeline on this occasion ;)!
NMwfYWq.jpg
BeY7mlr.jpg
They just needed some water on the bases and I don't like going overboard with that, so they didn't change much from last time :P. But yeah, I actually finished a whole squad for my army, it had been a long time since this happened (I beleive last ETL)!

• KBA, Trokair and Teetengee like this

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Very nice Traitor! Any chance we can get some pictures from other angles? I would love to see what they look like from the back/sides.

• The Traitor likes this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,842 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

@ BCK: I'd say you're on an incredible roll there, buddy. Are you going to paint all muscles with Liquid Greenstuff? I've found that it gives a very nice texture that adds a bit of gritty realism to the paint job, especially if you combine washes with drybrushing. 

Tankus Wokus

Tankus Wokus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 179 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Guard
Apologies it doesn't look good for me hitting the July deadline. I moved house a few days ago and all my hobby stuff is still boxed

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05.jpgETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
  • Faction: Harvesters of Souls

@Teetengee: I didn't want to crowd this thread with images, so I only posted those on my WIP thread, but now that you asked you can see them under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Edited by The Traitor, 25 July 2017 - 02:25 PM.

• KBA likes this

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts
1 of 5 almost done:

jp3ZJuc.jpg

Happy with how they're coming along :)

Edited by KBA, 25 July 2017 - 04:55 PM.

• Grotsmasha, Raztalin, Augustus b'Raass and 1 other like this
gallery_48988_6285_60.jpggallery_48988_6285_269.jpgYbopIX9.pnggallery_48988_10980_7442.pngETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,629 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons

Apologies it doesn't look good for me hitting the July deadline. I moved house a few days ago and all my hobby stuff is still boxed

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I would be OK with pushing the deadline to End of August so that you can complete it. They look so good too!

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,774 posts

Wing musculature pretty much done! 

kWEbXic.png

There's a couple of spots to clean up but I'm happy with how it came out. 

• KBA, Grotsmasha and The Traitor like this

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts
Looking great, Kage! Flexing those sculpting chops to sculpt... flexing muscles! :D

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,774 posts

Thanks, man. :)  As usual, I have a more detailed post in my Thread of Stuff.

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,774 posts

Alright boys, I have no idea what to do for the base on this thing and I could use some suggestions. 

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,012 posts

Alright boys, I have no idea what to do for the base on this thing and I could use some suggestions.

I'm not usually a fan of those big gaudy golden demon rock plinth bases but using one of those types with your thirster could be really cool. I've always imagined your model to be bellowing a charge signal to his lessers, and having the wings to get up the plinth would make sense :)

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,842 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

@ BCK: Lovely musculature - very realistic. Are you going to add some tendon stringy-like things on the muscles on the back like you did on the wings and his pecs? For the base - it depends on whether or not you wish to use this guy for 40K only or also for AoS. If the first, I highly suggest a mountain of dead space marines - I dont care how impractical it is because I probably will not make the first deadline and will need another month so I'm fine with you taking longer as well. :facepalm:

Brother Argent

Brother Argent

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,812 posts
  • Faction: Currently - Iron Heralds

Its a blood thirster isn't it?  So skulls.  Lots and lots of skulls.  And helmets containing skulls.  And skulls containing skulls containing skulls... okay maybe not the last one...

• Grotsmasha likes this

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,774 posts

Big plinth base, mountain of dead space marines, and lots of skulls. 

The plinth base I can probably do, especially now that Augs is going to need more time and skulls wouldn't be too difficult. A mountain of space marines though... hmmmm. 

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,538 posts
Skulls would be a classic, but a pile of space marines would really be something of a masterpiece

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,629 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons
Complete!
KW9GdZT.jpg
  • Brother Chaplain Kage, Trokair, Tankus Wokus and 1 other like this

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,774 posts

I'm feeling the burn... out. Yesterday and today I sat down to do some more work on the 'Thirster and I just sat there, staring at it. The second wing is attached and ready for the muscle building but I might need a few days away from it; I've never worked on a single model so much and so continuously in such a short time (the Macharius took longer, but life issues had me away from the table for large chunks of that time). It'll give me some time to think on what exactly to do for the base and also prepare for my second entry next month. 

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 678 posts

I'm feeling the burn... out. Yesterday and today I sat down to do some more work on the 'Thirster and I just sat there, staring at it. The second wing is attached and ready for the muscle building but I might need a few days away from it; I've never worked on a single model so much and so continuously in such a short time (the Macharius took longer, but life issues had me away from the table for large chunks of that time). It'll give me some time to think on what exactly to do for the base and also prepare for my second entry next month. 

I feel you, brother.

I can really emphasize. I get it too. I found that, at some point in the process of painting a model or a squad, I lose motivation and momentum and feel really low about it all. I learned that usually happens when I feel I put lots of time and energy into it, but didn't get a proportionate return (yet). It often hits me after blocking in base colors, or having finished almost all detailing, ... and actually right often before finishing off the project. - That's the absurd thing, I find: I often lose momentum right before the finish line.

I came to realize that loss of momentum as a sure indicator of actually making good progress. May I suggest it's the same with you here?

Your Bloodthirster is coming along absolutely fantastically. Easily the most inspired and imaginative model in this challenge, clearly the most ambitious, IMHO anyway, and very obviously showing off sculpting skills most people on this board would dream of mastering as you do. I can see how you're feeling low, having put so much time and energy into a single model - and still not having it done, and still not even having it based and primed. 

giphy.gif

source.gif

Don't give up, brother! You're this close! Believe me, if you manage to pull yourself together to finish off the wing - least-effort solution, nothing too fancy, strategically motivated, just to be able to break out of sculpting, into painting -, quickly base it, and prime: the fully primed model will give you a great sense of accomplishment and fresh energy to fight on.

You can do it!

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

gallery_48988_15465_38466.png

Drac0

Drac0

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 848 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Dorn
As always, painting being a slow process...

40k wip https://imgur.com/gallery/WFwnH
  • LameBeard likes this

lPTA9VE.jpg
Sons of Dorn - Duty, Honour and Zeal
Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Imperium Mori
Audaces Fortuna Juvat

"And remember kids, if it’s not For the Emperor, then it’s For the Horde." - A D-B

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users