Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++// AUGUST ARENA 2017 - EVENT THREAD \\++

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
512 replies to this topic

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,139 posts
Congrats to on the completions and awards guys!

Thanks for the write up, Augustus. I enjoyed the read, and it only motivates me to finish on scheduled time next year. I was really excited to go head-to-head per say with another frater and experience the unique aspect of this challenge format, but alas that was not to be. Soldier of Dorn, I hope all is good.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Um... I think you forgot me augs. ;)

Thanks for running it, even if you did feel you lost focus near the end. I enjoy using this event as an opportunity to push myself.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,998 posts

Oh damn. Thx mate. I will add this beautiful banner to my signature wearing proudly until my last day or when the next challenge occurs. Hope it doesn't take 2 years..

Many THX to Augustus for hosting this event, especislly it you find the love it is not easy to stay in the road.

You're most welcome, and very deserving of it. Some might say I am a tad biased on truescale night lords, but screw them! ;) 

Congrats to on the completions and awards guys!

Thanks for the write up, Augustus. I enjoyed the read, and it only motivates me to finish on scheduled time next year. I was really excited to go head-to-head per say with another frater and experience the unique aspect of this challenge format, but alas that was not to be. Soldier of Dorn, I hope all is good.

Take your unique ERUDITUS banner, dude! You deserve it :) Sorry to hear Psycho didn't show up for the actual challenge.... :(

Um... I think you forgot me augs. msn-wink.gif

Thanks for running it, even if you did feel you lost focus near the end. I enjoy using this event as an opportunity to push myself.

Woopsie! Sorry buddy! you're a sly devil, so you slipped through! ;) I've edited you in, of course. :) Glad to hear you enjoyed the event!

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,761 posts

An excellent write up Augustus, thank you very much indeed for hosting this and congrats to my fellow Frater! Been a while since I managed to complete a challenge here. :D

I hope Ashenwhyte, my brother in arms and challenger will see his miniature through one day, doesn't matter when, I'm looking forwards to seeing the final result as the progress was looking great.

Here's hoping this event will come around again in the next year instead of two, but regardless of timescale, I'm ready for the next one. Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,871 posts

Thanks for running this event Augustus! Had a lot of fun and managed to get more models painted! I hope to see your Nurgle Daemon Lord finished eventually!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,098 posts

Thanks so much for the extra recognition and thanks for organizing/running this event, Augustus. So many great entries , it was fun to see the projects evolve. Looking forward to doing another one in the future!

As for encouragement, I found Sagentus a great person to work with. Between comments and pm's it was definitely a fun challenge.  Defintely good to have made a new mate across the pond.

Edited by rednekkboss, 19 September 2017 - 08:11 AM.

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts
Thanks for the event Augustus, it has been a blast and I hope to participate in future iterations! However, I must point out that I did finish my second entry on time but it isn't registered on the first page, as I said in my last post, meaning that I did compete my two vows for the Arena...

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,519 posts

Ah... what can I say, except mea culpa? Had some irl things arise that prevented me from doing my bit. Perhaps next time I will actually fulfill my obligations, as I can't say I've had exactly the best record on this forum when it comes to it. :/

My deepest apologies to my partner, KBA, for failing to uphold my end of our challenge, and a hearty congratulations on his -- albeit tardy -- completion. Still leagues more than I did.

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,998 posts

Thanks for the event Augustus, it has been a blast and I hope to participate in future iterations! However, I must point out that I did finish my second entry on time but it isn't registered on the first page, as I said in my last post, meaning that I did compete my two vows for the Arena...

Herp derp! Sorry buddy! Could you please point me to the completion post so I can add it to the Annals on the first page? ? I'll also alter the event wrap up posts smile.png Take your deserved two-pip banner!

Ah... what can I say, except mea culpa? Had some irl things arise that prevented me from doing my bit. Perhaps next time I will actually fulfill my obligations, as I can't say I've had exactly the best record on this forum when it comes to it. :/

My deepest apologies to my partner, KBA, for failing to uphold my end of our challenge, and a hearty congratulations on his -- albeit tardy -- completion. Still leagues more than I did.

It's never too late for redemption, as they say! :tu:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 19 September 2017 - 04:49 PM.

The Traitor

The Traitor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,320 posts

Don't worry, I know you haven't been very active on the forums lately. Here you have the link.

RnkaNVt.jpgvwZTGE7.pngLwxnpOd.jpgs35PkeL.gifo42xtHt.jpg

They rose from the dead to slay the living:

The Harvesters of Souls, the II Legion and their various allies.

The Grimdark Harvest, my hobby and commissions blog, and a thread here, in B&C.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,998 posts

@ The Traitor: thanks for the help. I've editted the Event Wrap up post accordingly! Please wear the two pip VICTOR banner in your siggy!

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Thanks Augs!

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Trokair

Trokair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 990 posts
Thank you Augustus for running this event, it was fun seeing everybody’s projects.

I really enjoyed working on the 2nd editions Necrons, and plan on working on some more for the Xeno Community Event. That said, looking back, I feel it might have been better to work something a little newer and or with more conversion potential. There were a lot of interesting conversions and some nice paint schemes, especially those that really showed the Primaris marines to be better models then I first believed them to be, a good paint job goes a long way. The monopose hunks of metal, and my mediocre painting skills, at times felt very at odds with the great jobs everybody else was doing.

Thank you also to Andrew Christlieb and Varred for being my challenge partners for round one and two. Andrew, I hope you get to finish your unit at some point. Varred I look forward to seeing more imperial fists from you from time to time. See you around the forum.

Will the arena return next year? I hope it does.