Space Wolf Dreads... how to configure?

Anaraion

The best are Bjorn and Murderfang ;) The main reason is the CHARACTER keyword, which increases their survivability immensely. Other than that, axe/shield dreads are solid. I don't really think we need rifleman dreads, but the 2 wounds of the autocannons are pretty nice, it just sucks we can't protect them very well.

I had an Axe/Shield Dread take the brunt of 3 Imperial Knights shooting and 3 rounds of combat with a FW Cerastus Knight-Atrapos and its deadly Lascutter.

I needed to keep some command point rerolls for the Invuln save as the Lascutter does a flat 6 damage but my Axe Dread took the Knight down to 3 wounds over 3 phases. My opponent made the majority of his 5+ invuln saves too.

Memo to myself: Do full Dreadnought March this weekend. Axe and Shield Dreads to screen Bjorn and Murderfang while rest of Dreadnoughts lay down supporting fire.

All must be venerable in order to ensure that Heavy Weapons hitting on 3+.

The best are Bjorn and Murderfang ;) The main reason is the CHARACTER keyword, which increases their survivability immensely. Other than that, axe/shield dreads are solid. I don't really think we need rifleman dreads, but the 2 wounds of the autocannons are pretty nice, it just sucks we can't protect them very well.

I second this. Bjorn is an auto include in any list. He is absolutely amazing. Run murderface and a couple axe/shield dreads and you are laughing.

I ran him yesterday, his twin Las added the extra fire I needed where my long fangs failed. And his reroll of 1s allowed me to constantly risk gets hot on my plasma wolf guard, once they jumped out in rapid fire range. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised and will be spending the points on him most games.

Bjorn rocks and I am thinking of running some Hellblasters as a bodyguard for him for maximum plasma burn.

Other than that, Bjorn and Murderfang with an Axe/Shield Dread just in front to tank for them and an Iron Priest to patch them up looks extremely solid. March of the Ancients!

I'm planning on running bjorn, two contemptor and maybe a axe/shield dread in an army which very low armour, mainly infantry, terminators and bikes.

Bjorn likely going lascannons. I haven't built the contemptor so have the potential to be Mortis,any thoughts on load outs?

Edited by Anarnii

Hi Space Wolfes brothers :wink:

Just wanted to share with you my recent experience with SW dread army.

Don't know exactly, but it was 5 CC only kitted Drednoughts: Bjorn and Venerables (I guess), with two Iron Piests on Bikes.

I played Ultramarines commanded by Sgt. Chronus in Predator tank. Evertyhing else is on the picture :wink:

https://mojaminiwojna.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/img_20170630_195535-01.jpeg

Also my army had ~150 more points total.

We were supposed to play Blitz narrative mission, with SW player as city defender and me as the one who should enter the city in glory :wink:

But everything went wrong!

He rushed on me since turn one.

And I was standing on the board edge firing salvo by salvo.

I slightly damaged two closest dreads, which he fully repaired in next turn!

Memo: 3+ Invulnerable Saves are your friend!

Since turn two there was melee which started to cripple my vehicles (massive W loss and forced Fall Back which disabled their's shooting in that turn). 

He then made mistake - he charged with those Iron Priestes and both died soon after. From now on, since he could not repair his dreads,  they started to fall down.

Memo: don't let enemy kill your Iron Priests!

Thanks to Sustained Assault some of my vehicles "come back from the dead" but I was basically whipped out by the end of turn 6.

That was very fun game! :smile.:

Edited by danyboy

Hi Space Wolfes brothers :wink:

Just wanted to share with you my recent experience with SW dread army.

Don't know exactly, but it was 5 CC only kitted Drednoughts: Bjorn and Venerables (I guess), with two Iron Piests on Bikes.

I played Ultramarines commanded by Sgt. Chronus in Predator tank. Evertyhing else is on the picture :wink:

https://mojaminiwojna.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/img_20170630_195535-01.jpeg

Also my army had ~150 more points total.

We were supposed to play Blitz narrative mission, with SW player as city defender and me as the one who should enter the city in glory :wink:

But everything went wrong!

He rushed on me since turn one.

And I was standing on the board edge firing salvo by salvo.

I slightly damaged two closest dreads, which he fully repaired in next turn!

Memo: 3+ Invulnerable Saves are your friend!

Since turn two there was melee which started to cripple my vehicles (massive W loss and forced Fall Back which disabled their's shooting in that turn). 

He then made mistake - he charged with those Iron Priestes and both died soon after. From now on, since he could not repair his dreads,  they started to fall down.

Memo: don't let enemy kill your Iron Priests!

Thanks to Sustained Assault some of my vehicles "come back from the dead" but I was basically whipped out by the end of turn 6.

That was very fun game! :smile.:

Very nice, thanks for sharing.