"New" BA Units - Primaris Captain, Librarian, Reivers

Jolemai

So interestingly GW put this out today to allow non orthodox chapter to incorporate the new primaris units.

Whathe got my attention here is that apparently BA Primaris Librarian's pull their power from the codex marine list, not the BA list. I say this because it specifically references that SW Primaris Librarians pull powers from their own unique SW lists, but then does not do the same for BA Primaris Librarians.

See link here:

Descend from the heavens with sanguine fury, strike fear into the hearts of traitors and stalk your foes across the tundra - Reivers can now be added to your non-Codex Space Marines. Like the Primaris Captain and Primaris Librarian, you can bring these terror troops to your Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Deathwatch armies with our handy PDF guide, including matched play points.

See the PDF guide here: https://goo.gl/W78Xb1

Thoughts on the above brothers?

Edited by SM1981

The first page of our Index entry specifies that our Psykers generate from the Sanguinary Discipline. This means if any Librarians have the <Blood Angels> keyword they generate from our own discipline.

If you want access to the Librarius Discipline, you can take a Librarian (Primaris or otherwise) from a non-BA chapter.

Karhedronuk has got it correct here. Something I'm wondering about is when the new dex drops do we use the index for all units we use or do we use the updated tactical squad in the sm dex. :sad.:

Edited by Aothaine

Threads merged.

Karhedronuk and got it correct here. Something I'm wondering about is when the new dex drops do we use the index for all units we use or do we use the updated tactical squad in the sm dex. :sad.:

We use the Index list.

So my reading of the PDF for Reivers is that their blade isn't anything special as it's not listed as a weapon... unless it's a special rule.

I'm betting the heavy bolt pistol has Ap -1, i.e. the eqv of bolt rifle.

Edited by Pathstrider

See the PDF guide here: https://goo.gl/W78Xb1

That articulated arm thing on the backpack of the Reiver is not on the models I've seen so far. It's similar to those things on the backs of Interceptor Jump Packs. Could this be a clue for a jump pack Reiver variant?

Reading what lore we have on Reiver's, it sounds like their armor has some kind of enhanced musculature over standard armor. It makes me wonder if they'll move faster or have Strength 5 to reflect that.

Reivers are only 18ppm so don't start expecting too much from them. Intercessors are 20ppm so regular primaris stats with a -1AP bolt pistol instead of rifle doesn't leave a lot of room for further improvements.

My guess is Reivers will have either a 4+ save or only one wound. This will differentiate them from the other primaris and help explain stripped down armour. It'd also free up some points for other stuff.

They look like they'll have 2 attacks +1 from combat blades. Im guessing their pistols will be Range 15 AP -1.

I'd definitely like to see them either have a higher Move value or better strength or something like that, but we should remember they also get the vox scream thing too which will have an associated points value.

yeah that was my thought too, seeing as they are still in powered armour, which then leads to the possibility they only have 1 wound each. But all primaris stuff so far has had a wound beyond the norm. We shall see how it plays out I guess

It's not quite updated on the community site yet, but the Reivers are confirmed 2W 2A 3+ save :smile.:

GW just posted the article on FB.

• The Heavy Bolt pistols are -1AP.
  • Combat knives are +1A in combat (so each Reiver gets 3A)
  • Shock Grenades cause -1 to hit (shooting & melee it seems) and stop Overwatch.
  • Enemy units within 3" are at -1Ld

One nifty thing they mentioned if that you could throw your grenade at one unit and charge a different one, debuffing them to help a friendly unit get the charge.

I think once we get Chapter Tactics these guys will be very useful!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/10/tactica-primaris-space-marine-reivers-july-10gw-homepage-post-2/

Edited by Charlo

It's not quite updated on the community site yet, but the Reivers are confirmed 2W 2A 3+ save :)

• Shock Grenades cause -1 to hit (shooting & melee it seems) and stop Overwatch.
One nifty thing they mentioned if that you could throw your grenade at one unit and charge a different one, debuffing them to help a friendly unit get the charge.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/10/tactica-primaris-space-marine-reivers-july-10gw-homepage-post-2/

That all makes me very happy that I pre-ordered them :D

Wonder what the points cost will be...

It's not quite updated on the community site yet, but the Reivers are confirmed 2W 2A 3+ save :smile.:

That all makes me very happy that I pre-ordered them :biggrin.:

Wonder what the points cost will be...

Squad size is 5-10. 18 points per model. All seems good. I do hope they can infiltrate. Otherwise, they will be shot off the board.