Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WIP Primaris size Space Wolves

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

WG Jump packs, seeing as you are trying to get into melee ASAP I would go with combi-flamer and chainsword or frost swords with SS. 5pt for a SS that allows a huge increase in survivability is worth it imo.

I'm still trying to find those axe's, they look a lot more Space Wolf than chainswords do. 

The scale on the old weapons and gear seems to fit these new Primaris-sized models better than before. I wonder if you could use the old jump packs on the Primaris so you could still distinguish between Jump Packs and Intceptors, if you want to use inceptors in the future.

• HvitrValdyr likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

SITZKRIEG!

SITZKRIEG!

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

I joined B&C specifically to comment on this thread.  Very nice work on converting the primaris to Space Wolves.  For your wolf lord pictured in the first post, where did you get the elongated tiny wolf skull that you used on his right shin to replace the regular skull?

• HvitrValdyr, Jarl Caldersson and Krakendoomcool like this

BLOG LINK
764803_sm-My%20blog%20banner%20for%20my%

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

I joined B&C specifically to comment on this thread.  Very nice work on converting the primaris to Space Wolves.  For your wolf lord pictured in the first post, where did you get the elongated tiny wolf skull that you used on his right shin to replace the regular skull?

Thanks. The skull came from the side of the storm bolter in the wolf pack set. There are 3 of them on there. I cut them off with a hobby knife, carefully as the bottom part can be tricky. Then trim them off as individual pieces and use them as decoration in other places.
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

Yoyo ninja

Yoyo ninja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,075 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I have been toying with this idea, your thread has made it even harder to resist! Great work.
  • HvitrValdyr likes this
Signature non-compliant with forum rules
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:199314][sharedmedia=gallery:images:199315][sharedmedia=gallery:images:199316]

SITZKRIEG!

SITZKRIEG!

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

Thanks. The skull came from the side of the storm bolter in the wolf pack set. There are 3 of them on there. I cut them off with a hobby knife, carefully as the bottom part can be tricky. Then trim them off as individual pieces and use them as decoration in other places.

Thanks and I might borrow your idea. I just got my first two primaris yesterday in the mail and didnt realize how tiny those icons were.

BLOG LINK
764803_sm-My%20blog%20banner%20for%20my%

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
My easy build Reivers finally arrived so now I have Primaris size arms to use for my Blood Claw conversions. Doing hand swaps so I'm going to use bolt pistols from the regular wolf sprue. The question I have is should I give them chainswords from the same place or use the dwarf axes as counts as chainswords like I have for my Grey Hunters?
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,752 posts

Axes!!

All day every day and twice as much on Sundays.

• Lord Ragnarok, Honda and Raztalin like this
ETL 1v2

bloodhound23

bloodhound23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 220 posts

This thread gives me hope. 

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
First Blood Claw test using arms from the easy build Reivers. I cut away the combat blade and carefully drilled through the hand to insert tha axe handle. Haven't attached the pack yet as I'm using the decorated Blood Claw pad from the wolf pack. Since these guys are the fresh recruits I don't plan on using a lot of Wolf decoration on their armor. They haven't earned it yet. So what do you guys think?

20170722_013537_zpsuztm5m9e.jpg

20170722_013609_zpsjuextkjc.jpg

20170722_013631_zpsx8cfqtqf.jpg
  • Honda and Konnavaer like this
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts

I think that's fantastic.

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,927 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Primaris Blood Claw looks promising.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,893 posts

thanks for this I picked up a few primaris myself and am redoing my ancient bloodclaws

• HvitrValdyr likes this
banana

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
Second Blood Claw built. This guy is a bit cooler than the first as he has a small collection of teeth.
20170723_220840_zpskinqmd7k.jpg

20170723_220917_zpsilpt5nyt.jpg

20170723_220956_zpshgcxe6tv.jpg
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Silverwolf

Silverwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 581 posts

I've been trying to resist doing an converting like this, but your thread has thrown out all hopes of that :P... this will get expensive!!

• HvitrValdyr likes this
"Listen closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime."
- The final words of Russ

"Yes,you are a whelp..And like many whelps,occasionally you lose your way,and make a mistake. When that happens,a good cuff around the ears should help set you straight. The thing is,after the first time..generally we lose patience and bite the throat till you realize you made a mistake,or well..They make another one like you and hope that this one comes out better."
- Requiem of the Wolf @ Brother Rathul

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
3 more done today. First is another regular Blood Claw.
20170725_012628_zpsgyx4bdzk.jpg

Flamer guy.
20170725_012747_zps8ygbcq5x.jpg

Pack Leader with power axe.
20170725_012535_zpsd4jrhhox.jpg

20170725_012559_zpsimherrul.jpg
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
One more Claw tonight.
20170726_004122_zpsh04z3o10.jpg
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
And another. Throwing a grenade so his axe is on his hip.
20170727_231733_zps9yzxyffd.jpg

20170727_231711_zpsnhphilh4.jpg

20170727_231652_zpsikjnriys.jpg
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
Last 2 Blood Claws done.

20170729_014644_zpsjhfyewdz.jpg

20170729_014619_zpsvapus6w3.jpg

20170729_014554_zpsvo9fgrqo.jpg

20170729_014527_zpsmkrfvzdm.jpg

Up next the WGPL for the Blood Claws. I'm thinking of giving him a combi flamer for that extra overwatch help. Good idea or should he be solely combat oriented? Open to suggestions.
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

foxlight713

foxlight713

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 165 posts

I gotta know where did you get those axes from?

Deadnaughty

Deadnaughty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

I gotta know where did you get those axes from?

Fantasy Dwarf Thunderer/Quarreler box

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
And the WGPL for the Blood Claws is complete. As I was trying to figure out arm configurations I was looking for a suitable left hand and ran across the Thunder Hammer from the MKIII sprue. I liked how it looked so now this guy has a Thunder Hammer to go with his combi flamer.
20170729_221041_zpsa9nn834t.jpg

That completes the Blood Claws for now. Next up is a Rune Priest.
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

I think you lucked out with those axes. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Models look great, still trying to figure out how you got some of the parts off the SW pack, like the tiny wolf skull off the storm bolters.

• HvitrValdyr likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts

I think you lucked out with those axes. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Models look great, still trying to figure out how you got some of the parts off the SW pack, like the tiny wolf skull off the storm bolters.

A sharp xacto blade and very careful slicing. I have ruined a few in process though. The wolf skulls on the sides of one of the bolt pistols are another good source of those bits. And I got super lucky on the axes. I did spend the better part of a year looking for them on multiple bits sites.

WIP of my Rune Priest. Waiting for some brass etch runes to be delivered from secret weapon so I can give him runic armour.
20170730_234449_zps8qvimy14.jpg
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

Have you thought about how to do terminators yet? I've been considering doing primaris-scale for my DW, and would definitely need a couple termies. The gravis armour is the obvious choice, but the mono-pose of the legs/torso makes it tough. Maybe assemble then slice off the legs at the crotch and place on a similarly cut termie crotch? Let me know if you've done any brainstorming

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Deadnaughty

Deadnaughty

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 308 posts

I saw somewhere that Agressors and Terminators share shoulderpad size? So that might be an option

I'm stuck on how to do bikers myself :(

Edited by Deadnaughty, 01 August 2017 - 08:03 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users