Hvitr Valdyr's Space Wolves

There are some striations but they are only visible on a very close look.

They really look great the work yer doing is fantastic.

They really do help the look, but I was wondering if they smooth out more with a good priming, or are the striations still visible.

Regardless, you've put together some really nice looking Bladeguard!

• 1 month later...

Here is my take on a Space Wolves Judiciar. I added a wolf skull pommel in place of the regular one on the sword. Still trying to decide on a head for him and he will have some skulls on chains hung on his back but you get the idea of what it will look like.

The final step in a Wolf Priest’s training is to become a living embodiment of the chapter’s history. This requires more than a complete knowledge of the sagas and legends, the individual must serve as an example of the significance of such a storied past.

To become such an example, the inductee must live up to the chapter’s rumored original purpose by serving as the one of the Emperor’s Executioners. He takes as his weapon a symbol of execution. For some this takes the form of an enormous weighted sword, for others a traditional headsman’s axe. Regardless of the weapon’s type the charge is the same: to be the ultimate sanction against those who deny the will of the Allfather.

The candidate is taken deep within the Fang, to he Gate of Morkai, the place where he began his final test as a new recruit before tasting from the Cup of Wulfen. Here he takes an oath to Morkai, the guardian of the gates of death in Fenrisian lore, and is promised to the service of the Deathwolf til his days are ended.

Now dubbed Death Sworn, he is clad in armour of ancient design. The most dangerous parts of the armories of the Fang are opened to him. Particularly, he is given access to the deadly Yimiria class stasis bombs, relics from 10,000 years ago which can distort time around their target, ensuring their destruction.

50204945221_b7df684078_o.jpg

50205218242_330a7f589f_o.jpg

Im into it, looking good , might steal the fluff bit as a base for my own stuff.

Steal away!

Awesome!!

Which deathgaurd body is that from?

I had the same thought aswell, judicar is just a 40k deathsworn!

Thanks!

It’s the guy circled in red. He comes with an alternate MKIII style chest piece which is the one I used.

50206632892_1c648e58b6_o.jpg

Edited by HvitrValdyr

Here is my take on a Space Wolves Judiciar.

The backstory is well-written. I hope to see the completed model soon.

I added a wolf skull pommel in place of the regular one on the sword.

Great idea!

Still trying to decide on a head for him and he will have some skulls on chains hung on his back but you get the idea of what it will look like.

My suggestion: Black-painted Custodes helmets, which are shaped like an executioner's hood. Alternatively, Mark III power armor helmets, or a Codex Chapter's Chaplain's skull helm (to show they're trusted with SOME of a Wolf Priest's duties, but have yet to prove themselves worthy of a wolf skull helm).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Barrel it is!

Did you use sergeant Jovin as the base for this? I love it!

Sure did.

That is an exceptionally elegant way to incorporate heresy-era SW background into the judicar, well done. Great conversion too.

Thanks sir!

Edited by HvitrValdyr

• 4 weeks later...

My take on an embiggened Bjorn. Used arms and legs from an Invictor warsuit, I removed part of the hips to bring the legs into line with Bjorn’s chassis. He stands about as tall as a Contemptor which works for me as my Ven Dreads are based on Contemptor models. Assault Cannon and Lascannon are magnetised.

50342521163_57d84f26da_o.jpg

50343361237_870f851ef7_o.jpg

50343199321_2ab095f819_o.jpg

50343361317_bfcd6ac375_o.jpg