The Avalon Crusade

Brothers I decided some of my hqs could use a little touch up so I've redone Marshal Arthur, the Emperor's Champion, and Castellan Lancelot.

IMG 5503

IMG 5504

IMG 5505

IMG 5506

IMG 5507

In the case of Arthur I gave him a new and more interesting base with a more dynamic pose, and a shiny new helmet. My champion got a new head from the Horus Heresy Imperial Fist Templar kit and since his reliquary kept breaking off his backpack I gave him some candles instead. For Lancelot I decided the crest was indeed not very knightly and instead gave him a more chivalrous Templar head. I also added more varied flock to all my models but don't want to retake all their pictures quite yet.

Champion Galahad, Marshal Arthur, and Castellan Lancelot

T'was my design originally, for a piece by the great Greyall :biggrin.:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/363/b/0/black_templars___high_marshall_ludoldus_by_greyall-d5pjvt9.jpg

I'm always delighted to see another one pop up.  And petty enough to point out my role in the design :teehee:

Edited by Firepower

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Sadly I’ve been forced to retire my templar dive, I swear I have never rolled so many ones in my life. I played two games last weekend against my friend’s Primaris and admech armies. The first game I had a minor defeat and while using those templar dice I must have missed over half of my heavy weapon shots, failing to bring down those armiger knights before they reduced my stormraben to slag. The second game I switched to some green dice I use with my seraphon in AoS and my god I did so much better and utterly crushed him. The bit of good news in it all, however, is that my hammernators more than proved their worth in both games. In the first game they avenged my stormraven and destroyed both knights before soaking up all the fire his army could throw at me. In the second game they slaughtered a couple Intercessors squads, killed his filthy Primaris librarian, and went toe to with his redemptor before being emergency teleported back to my line to protect my marshal. In that second game they only took a single casualty. So long story short my dice failed me but where my long range was unreliable throwing heavily armored marines with giant hammers at the enemy proved extremely effective. And really isn’t that what being a templar is all about?

Sorry to hear about your bad beats. Love the crusade though! Nice use of colors. I've always been a fan of red weapon casings just to break up the color scheme a bit. Everything about your Marines is super zealous.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I tried to make them as zealous as possible and no worries. My first game I had bad rolls but the second I got my vengeance on my friend's treacherous ad mech and their primaris minions. I abhorred the witch so hard his librarian periled twice and my marshal went toe to toe with a knight armiger and survived to speak of it.

In the case of Arthur I gave him a new and more interesting base with a more dynamic pose, and a shiny new helmet. My champion got a new head from the Horus Heresy Imperial Fist Templar kit and since his reliquary kept breaking off his backpack I gave him some candles instead. For Lancelot I decided the crest was indeed not very knightly and instead gave him a more chivalrous Templar head. I also added more varied flock to all my models but don't want to retake all their pictures quite yet.

sml_gallery_93831_13505_4606.jpg

Amazing work good sir; this trio of knights is a riot of amazing detail!

Thank you! Next up are some kitbashed cenobyte servitors, complete with the most holy relics of Avalon; the reliquary of St. John of Cleese, the Avalonian swallow and migratory kokosnuss, and the holy grail itself. After that I ordered a couple storm talons to give me some fast movers with lascannons and assault cannons.

African or European Storm Talons?

Why not both? The "Europa pattern Stormtalon" bearing two "Grizzly missile launchers" (air-launched variants of the Skyspear missile) with which to kill tanks, and the "Africa pattern Stormtalon" replacing the twin heavy bolter with a rack for three Thunderhawk cluster bombs with which to kill infantry.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 4 weeks later...