Today I Purged...

Beams

So, I've seen these threads else where... Thought we should do it...

Today my Repentia purged (in two games):

3 hellbrutes

2x Typhus (respawned in the meat grinder mission)

A terminator-chaos lord

At least 5 pox walkers

Celestians and celestine purged:

Tons of PoxWalkers

Helldrake

Pedro Kantor

Well this sounds like fun.

I shall restrict myself on honour roll my requiring those mention to kill ay least 3 units in one game.

Celestine killed:

Primaris Captain

Primaris lieutenant

Primaris ancient

Deathwatch venerable dreadnaught

3 individual primaris inceptors.

My dominions just missed out on joining the honour roll.

Edited by Atrus

I wound up purging myself today:

I had another game against Jeff the Blood Angels player. My penitent Engine took down his Knight and the Knight exploded to a range of 10 inches, and I rolled D6's for mortal wounds and wound up killing my own Penitent Engine, two Canonesses and Inquisitor Greyfax.  :-(

Maybe we should exclude Celestine feom the tallies? Shes a given murder hobo.

She really is. I know it's an RPG reference, but to my opponents, from now on Murder Hobo is the only thing I will call her.

It was a combined effort, but my six Dom squads took care of my opponents two 50 strong conscript bubble wraps today in the top of turn one.

Maybe we should exclude Celestine feom the tallies? Shes a given murder hobo.

She really is. I know it's an RPG reference, but to my opponents, from now on Murder Hobo is the only thing I will call her.

It was a combined effort, but my six Dom squads took care of my opponents two 50 strong conscript bubble wraps today in the top of turn one.

I have to ask, and I think I know the answer, dis you use storm bolters Dominions?

Well, here's the kill-list from the two games my Sisters have had this edition:

Eldar Spiritseer (killed by Celestians)
5-strong Wratihguard unit (killed by Celestians and Dominions)
10-strong Guardian unit (killed by Canoness, Command Squad, and Celestians)

10-strong Neophyte Hybrid unit (killed by Battle Sister Squad and MM Immolator)
5-strong Acolyte Hybrid unit (flamed to death by Celestians)
Patriarch (final kill-shot made by Imagifer, softened up by Battle Sisters and a HF Immolator)
Primaris Psyker (Celestians)
10-strong traitor Guard/PDF unit (Celestians)
Rockgrinder (Canoness and Command Squad)
10 Genestealers (Dominions and Battle Sisters)

So far, MVP goes to my 10-strong Celestians with combi-flamer, flamer and heavy flamer...!

Tabled an Eldar player bottom of turn 3. By the bottom of turn 2 he had a wraithlord, eldrad and a troupe master with a single wound left alive.

Celestine purged A warlock, the troupe master, eldrad, and about a dozen guardians while absorbing almost every piece of fire power on the table.

Big winners were a domi squad that lost their transport turn 1, so used AoF to blitz a hemlock in 1 shot. And a seraphim squad that ended up losing 9 out of the original 7 models but killed two full harlequin troupes before beefing it to the troupe master.

Played a game today:

Dominion (5 storms, 5 Bolter) purged:

Spawn x 2

Helldrake

4 Khorne Berzerkers

Demon Prince (Scions get an assist, though)

Repentia purged:

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut

6 Berzerkers

Edited by Beams

Yesterday I played a game as my Space Marines (Red Templars) but I ran into a situation which I have had with my Sisters battles in 8th: powerful enemy characters. My Blood Angels buddy fielded a trio of leaders which turned his assault troops into pure destruction. My Marine Sniper scouts really did not have much of an impact on his leaders. My Sisters have had similar issues. So I found my old Callidus and Vindicare assassins, fixed them up and repainted them tonight, and will take them next week and use them with my Sisters to deal with enemy Characters. (I have not used these miniatures in over a decade!  I was very pleased to find them). Has anyone else used these assassins in 8th? I'd be interested in any feedback you can provide.

Yesterday I played a game as my Space Marines (Red Templars) but I ran into a situation which I have had with my Sisters battles in 8th: powerful enemy characters. My Blood Angels buddy fielded a trio of leaders which turned his assault troops into pure destruction. My Marine Sniper scouts really did not have much of an impact on his leaders. My Sisters have had similar issues. So I found my old Callidus and Vindicare assassins, fixed them up and repainted them tonight, and will take them next week and use them with my Sisters to deal with enemy Characters. (I have not used these miniatures in over a decade!  I was very pleased to find them). Has anyone else used these assassins in 8th? I'd be interested in any feedback you can provide.

Used to field a Callidus back in 5th with great enjoyment.

In the middle of paonting some converted vindicare assassins, so am curious to hear how others have found their performance to be.

But perhaps such questions are best suited to another subforum?

The dice gods left me hanging for hits but blessed me with saves

Today I purged:Necrons

Celentine purged:

1 nightbringer

10 scarb swarms

Repentia purged:

10 immortals but took heavy losses

Dominion (5 storm bolters in a repressor with 2 stormbolters and heavy flamer) purged:

4 heavy destroyers

5 scarab swarms

Rets (4 heavy flamers Superior with combi flamer in a repressor with 2 heavy flamers and storm bolter)

20 man warrior squad

cryptec

some named HQ unit

That seems like an impressive purging of necrons ;)

Well i havent got to play in a long time...I did purge Imperial guard from the soulstorm dow campaign tonight if that counts? :p