Today I Purged...

Beams

Martyred:

9 Battle Sisters (though 1 cowardly ran away... we'll deal with her later...)

She didn't run! She had a religious extatic experience from the hero-ery and sacrifice of her team! Glorious!

Or chuck her in a Mortifier... asa game unit it's an upgrade either way

We're fitting her with papers and crafting an eviscerator, presently.  Been in solitary since the incident.  Don't think about running when there's a Commissa--- err... Dogmata watching!

If you will look at the old repentia models they were hooded, to what the fluff said, not having an identity for what they were repenting and the rags to drap their bodies. The new repentia are in exercise outfits, go figure.

Another Crusade game. Today the sisters of the Argent Shroud purged:

X20 Skittari Vanguard

X5 Skittari Rangers

X5 Sterylizors

X2 Kastellan Robots

X1 Marshall

Martyr'd:

X6 Retributors

X3 Sacresants

X1 Seraphim

X1 Battle Sister

The Seraphim deserve special commendation for their zeal in burning the Emperor's enemies, having killed the lions share of the Vanguard and Sterylizors with their flamer pistols.

Burning the emperor's enemies is always a solid plan, must've been mechanicus with some very dark intentions, otherwise the inquisition might be on your heels soon...

There are no innocents. The fact my sister's have had to purge Custodes, Deathwatch, and Ad Mech proves it.

• 2 weeks later...

PURGED:

1 Lord of Contagion

7 Plauge Marines

10 Poxwalkers

1 Foul Blightspawn

1 Chaos Rhino

Martyred:

1 Palatine

1 Preacher

6 Battle Sisters

3 Celestian Sacrosancts

5 Retributors

Won against my buddy's Death Guard, but he's very new to the hobby.  Most pleasing were my Sacrosancts with Halberds vs. Plage Marines, who seem custom tailored to destroy Death Guard.

T5?  That's nice we still wound on 3's

DR?  Insignificant

3+ AS?  yeah now down to 6+

2 wounds?  We have plenty of attacks with a pocket preacher in tow.

My 6 Sacros obliterated 6 of his 7 Plague Marines on a turn 2 charge, and then he lost the last one to morale.   That made me very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, been a while since my last game (gotta love moving house)

But I purged

Death guard Daemon Prince

Malignant plague caster

Lord of virulence

7 plague marines

20 pox walkers

2 foetid bloat drones

2 plague burst crawlers

Death guard leviathan dreadnought

3 myphitic blight haulers

Martyred

Morveen Vahl

10 dominions

3 Paragon warsuits

2 immolators

1 rhino

5 retributors

12 battle sisters

Yeah almost tabled a deathguard player, the game really became one sided after he charged his daemon prince into a cannoness and 4 retributers with multi meltas, I spiked 5 6s on the overwatch and killed him, which was game over really, he did kill my paragons though

Purged:

Typhus

Tallyman

Plague Surgeon

5 Blightlord Terminators

10 Plague Marines

Plagueburst Crawler

Martyred:

10 Seraphim

3 Battle Sisters

1000 point game

MVP was Ephrael Stern causing 12 mortal wounds in 3 turns. 

The Seraphim and Celestine along with her twins took on the terminators.  The Seraphim did one wound total even after firing twice and charging.  Celestine and the Gemini had to finish the job in melee thanks to their power weapons and some poor rolling from my opponent.  As much as I love my Seraphim, I am going to have to get some Zephyrim.

With the terminators gone I was free to harass Typhus with Heavy Bolters from my 3 minimal Battle Sister squads so that he was already wounded when Celestine charged. Typhus was the only model left at 2 wounds when we called the game

While on the table, Morveen Vahl did little more than draw the Crawler's fire which she took as well as one would expect. She had 4 wounds left at the end of the game.

I'm assuming the Seraphim were armed with Hand Flamers, per your other post detailing your army list?  You really can't ask hand flamer Seraphim to do anything against elite/heavy infantry such as Terminators, particularly Death Guard termies.   That's too much to ask of them.   Wounding on 5's, followed by a 2+ save isn't going to do much. 

These guys are for horde clearing/light infantry work.  If you're building a Take-All-Comers list, and your opponent has no horde/light infantry, then their back up purpose would be better served deep-striking for secondary objectives such as Engage All Fronts, Retrieve Octarius Data, etc.  Barring that, even using them as a screen unit, or, for example, charge a PBC so he can't back out of melee and shoot your more important units.

Sounds like a good game though overall.

Its a few days late

Today I purged

Scorpac lord

Cronomancer

9 scorpac destroyers

5 locust destroyers

New big gun walker

20 warriors

10 immortals

Night ringer

3 scarab bases

Martyred

10 dominions

2 immolators

So I got first turn and took out all the destroyers turn 1, almost lost vahl thanks to the warriors, she was on 1 wound

I did most of my wounds to night bringer thanks to my immolators exploding for the big 3 mortal wounds

Blessed bolters killed the scorpac lord, which was fun

I'm assuming the Seraphim were armed with Hand Flamers, per your other post detailing your army list?  You really can't ask hand flamer Seraphim to do anything against elite/heavy infantry such as Terminators, particularly Death Guard termies.   That's too much to ask of them.   Wounding on 5's, followed by a 2+ save isn't going to do much.

Yeah, I was definitely not on the right target there.  I was hoping volume of fire would net me a couple of wounds and the AP -1 on the charge would help a little but no.  You are right.  I should have used them somewhere else.  Possibly even just held them in reserves another turn so I could get behind the enemy and possibly a charge on one of his other characters back there.  Using them to slow down an already slow army was just throwing them away.

I purged 10 Blood Angel intercessors, 3 aggressors, a captain, and a jumped-up witch hunter inquisitor who had the gall to question the purity of the Order of the Weeping Moon.

Martyred: all 10 of my Repentia, my canoness, and 10 battle sisters. 

Best unit proved to be the humble rhino transport, which survived a murderous fusillade with 1 wound(!) and was able to deliver the Repentia where they needed to go. At the end of the battle, the sisters were solidly in control of the sole central objective.

Edited by Azekai