Today I Purged...

Beams

60 Power Level game - The Scourging - against Death Guard. I purged:

Lord of Contagion (Celestine, after the Seraphim took some wounds off him)
Malignant Plaguecaster - Seraphim and Celestine
10 Poxwalkers - Immolation flamer on an Immolator
10 Poxwalkers - Retributors and Seraphim
10 Cultists - Retributors and Seraphim
14 Plague Marines - Celestine
7 Plague Marines - Sisters of Battle and Retributors
Rhino - Sisters of Battle with meltas
Rhino - Dominions, Sisters, Retributors, Celestians, Celestians... and then another turn of shooting from the Battle Sister Squad with meltas!

In return I lost:

5 Dominions
5 Seraphim

Things I am getting the hang of - use of Acts of Faith to keep units alive and kicking
Things I am still forgetting to do - morale tests (neither of us took a single morale test all game, we just straight up forgot)

Today I purged:

A necron overlord

3 scarab swarms

a triarch stalker

and a whole ton of warriors who kept getting back up

I lost:

5 dominions

3 battle sisters

and an immolator

The star of the show was definitely my cannoness, after my wounded immolator baited some warriors away she was able to act of faith move then move again to blast the stalker with her inferno pistol and charge the overlord, cutting him down with her evicerator.  Now I have a ton more games to play tomorrow since chaos is winning at my shop currently... and we can't have that.

Today, the following heretics were sent back to the void:

1 Deathmark Necron

3 Swarms of Canoptek Scarabs

10 Necron Warriors

The Emperor smiled upon my sisters of the Order of the Bloody Rose with a victory. I fielded the following forces:

1 Battle Sisters Squad (9)

1 Dominion Squad (5)

1 Imagifier

The Necron force was left with one Necron Lord and three Deathmarks. They managed to send three Dominion sisters and two Battle Sisters to sit at the foot of the Emperor's throne. One sister superior in my Battle Sisters Squad overcharged her plasma pistol in an effort to finish off the Necron Lord, but the focusing crystals in her pistol must have been misaligned, and she disappeared in a flash of plasma. Or did she? If as by a miracle, after the smoke cleared, the sister superior arose from the ground, and charged back into the battle. (Acts of Faith are awesome!)

We called the game due to lack of time, but my remaining Dominion and Battle sisters were locked in melee combat with the three remaining Deathmarks and the Necron Lord was down to two wounds. One more turn would have surely have shown my sisters victorious! Ave` Emperitor!

Today I purged Armand (Tzeench Chaos). He was the last enemy model left alive, and he was running to try and avoid giving me another victory point. A Battle Sister Superior stepped out of a doorway, raised her plasma pistol, and shot the heretic between the shoulder blades.

I played a couple zone mortalis games today

I lost against a thousand sons force, but I managed to purge a forge fiend in one volley of melta fire and from there my dice abandoned me.  My cannoness charged his sorcerer lord and brought him to a single wound remaining, however I failed all 3 of my saves which dealt enough wounds to kill my cannoness.  The good news is that the curse that plagued my dice that game had been passed on to my opponent in his second game! :tongue.:

In total I was able to purge

a forge fiend

a 10 man rubric squad

2 scarab occult terminators

In my second game I played against deathwatch and managed to table my opponent

I killed

a 5 man vanguard veteran squad

a 10 man killteam

a venerable dreadnought

and a watchmaster in overwatch with a melta gun!

Most memorable things I've killed in overwatch.

(8th ed) A XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit that charged a single sister holding a melta gun after killing off the rest of her squad in shooting. Then she got killed by a commander in melee.

(7th ed) An Imperial Knight charging 2 girls with melta guns and a priest. It hits, it pens, it explodes, IT EXPLODES! The game was 3 knights+ GK dread knights and GK interceptors Vs how many melta guns can i fit in a list.  The answer is, enough to blow up 2 knights on turn 1. All these melta guns are melta guns. see all these bolt guns? they're melta guns as well. see all these immolators? They've all got Twin linked multi meltas. see all these rhinos? They're actually Immolators. Proxy all the things!!!!

(7th ed) A Wraithknight with 1 wound left that charged a Penitent Engine.

Today I purged

A space marine captain

20 assault marines

15 vanguard veterans

3 inceptors

And a repulsor

And in return I lost

Jacobus

9 repentia

The mistress of repentance

5 dominions

And a few battlesisters

It was a pretty bloody game, with a lot of bad rolls for both of us at the beginning. He let me take first turn, probably to try and counter my movement with his deepstrikers. Between dominions, celestine, and acts of faith I was able to get right in his face where my short ranged weapons really shine. Celestine got a 1st turn charge against his captain and my immolators were rolling hot (no pun intended) on their number of shots. My melta dominions only managed to hit once before getting assaulted. The repentia managed to fail their charge even with a reroll after loosing half their squad to overwatch.

The real stars of this battle were my cannoness and the 2 immolators, the Cantonese for carving up squads almost singlehandedly and the immolators for just doing what they do best. That's one more victory for the imperium!

• 3 weeks later...

Today i purged:

A primaris ancient.

Primaris apothecary.

12 primaris aggressors.

10 primaris reivers

A primaris dreadnaught.

A Repulsor.

And came oh so close to killing rowboat girlyman.

Casualties suffered:

2 penitent engines.

7 seraphim.

Play of the match:

Saint Helena tanking 50 wounds in a single shooting phase and only failing 2 saves.

The emperor smiled upon us as we showed the primaris the folly of opposing the emperors daughters.

Edited by Atrus

All I truly purged today was a dreadnought: I was playing the Kronor campaign and my opponent was playing Biood Angels (no one else showed up at the game store in the morning!) So I was the Attacker and managed to get more than 33% of my Power Level off the edge of the board at the top of turn 3 for a major victory. I had an Immolator shrug off two Thunder Hammer hits with a pair of Blessed Rivet saves (that's what I call the Shield of Faith save for vehicles). The shot hit the one rivet on the tank which came from a box personally blessed by the Emperor himself, and bounced harmlessly off..... :teehee:

Today I purged for the first time in 5 years. Though it was but a small cleansing, a renegade troupe of Mentors Astartes was tabled upon the 4th turn, their heretic Librarian brutally bludgeoned at the end of Palatine Webb's Power Maul. It was a hard fought first engagement with command in the Dead of Night and only she and the crew of Exorcist OPF1 managed to survive the brutal onslaught of the vile renegades. Despite emerging utterly battered from the fray, she would rest easily (probably succumbing to her wounds) knowing that she had laid low 5 Assault Astartes and their cursed Librarian by the end.

Ambushed in the dead of night by the filthy traitors, the Order of the Passionate(ly pink) Fury prevailed over the Renegade Mentors Astartes. The tally is as follows:

Mentors

- 5 man Assault Marine Squad

- 10 man Tactical Marine Squad

- 1 Librarian

- 1 Dreadnought

Order of the Passionate Fury

- 5 Sister Dominion Melta Squad

- 5 Sister Dominion Melta Squad

- 5 Sister Battle Sister Storm Bolter Squad

- 1 Flamer Immolator

- 1 Flamer Immolator

- 5 Inferno Seraphim Squad

Ah yesh a fank u ;P

Edited by Neoslate

Won a local recently. 1000pts on a 4x4. In those conditions Celestine goes from really really good to the Wrath of God Incarnate.

Across 3 games she killed:

Harpy, Hive Tyrant, Exocrine, 2 Dune Crawlers, Cawl, Half a unit of electro-priests, unit of Vanguard, 2 Chimeras, Squad of vet guardsmen, Sentinal, Hydra, Nother squad of guardsmen, my opponents dreams for a brighter future, their will to go on, and the misguided belief that they could escape her wrath if they ran far enough. (You can never run far enough).

Won a local recently. 1000pts on a 4x4. In those conditions Celestine goes from really really good to the Wrath of God Incarnate.

Across 3 games she killed:

Harpy, Hive Tyrant, Exocrine, 2 Dune Crawlers, Cawl, Half a unit of electro-priests, unit of Vanguard, 2 Chimeras, Squad of vet guardsmen, Sentinal, Hydra, Nother squad of guardsmen, my opponents dreams for a brighter future, their will to go on, and the misguided belief that they could escape her wrath if they ran far enough. (You can never run far enough).

whoa... think I might try that later today at my local GW :teehee:

Have to agree on the Terror Incarnate that is Celestine on a 4x4 in a low points match. Played a game at my local club at 55power with her, and she just destroyed a Blood Angels Captain, Librarian, and a squad of 4 Sanguinary Guard without breaking a sweat.

On a 4x4 your opponent just doesn't have anywhere to hide. You can't get far enough away from her first victim to not be victim 2.

And 1000pts also just isn't enough fire power to realistically kill her, not when you can screen her still.

Have to agree on the Terror Incarnate that is Celestine on a 4x4 in a low points match. Played a game at my local club at 55power with her, and she just destroyed a Blood Angels Captain, Librarian, and a squad of 4 Sanguinary Guard without breaking a sweat.

I second this. Last Wednesday she ate through 5 Raptors, 3 bikers and half a Huron Blackheart by the end of Turn 2 on a 4x4 in a 50pp game... then moved her off the board and out of play because I felt bad. And I don't wanna be THAT guy since the majority of my local GW store are Chaos players...

Yup I kept apologising against a tau player at a 1000 points after celestine and 2 immolators with Melta doms tabled his army on turn 2 the rest of my army just sat at the back. I didn't even shoot the exorcist and heavy bolter bss because I felt so bad.

I don't take Celestine in <1000 pts.

I'm actually afraid that she'll get a massive increase in points

Same here, at 1000pts and under I feel it's pretty bad form to field her