Today I Purged...

Beams

Having any named character under 1k is pretty bad form anyways. Remember the good old days where you could only field them in games that were over x points?

Or only if your opponent agreed and tournaments were "no named characters"

Try to propose those sorts of conditions in games these days and youre spat on and looked down on as some weirdo or elitist pig.

How far we have fallen...

Honestly, this just sounds like :cuss y aching to me. Most special characters aren't great anyway and what do you really get by gimping yourself? Especially in a tournament? Pretty much only the ability to say 'well if I'd of brought X I'd of won' when you get fed your own arse. Play the game, lose at your strongest, play what you like.

Oh, and as an aside; I've NEVER played SoB without Celestine. Not even when she was 135pts and died to harsh language.

Edited by Aqui
Don't avoid the swear filter...

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, this isn't really the place for the SC discussion, but I'd just like to point out that there's no right or wrong answer, just personal opinion.

Personally, I'd like to see a shift in focus away from SCs in the ruleset, but it's not going to happen.

I purged a LOT yesterday, but the crown of the afternoon was Celestine and her Geminae charging a Baneblade, and in two melee rounds taking down its last 14 health to kill it and clinch the game for our team.

Edited by Montford981

Today I purged

3- wolf cavalry(10 repentia with a priest)

2- razorbacks(multi-melta rets) rets blow up 1 it exploded and killed 5 of his blood claws. Then rolled up to another one and blow that one up.

1- land raider(multi- melta rets got it to 1 wound and the saint finished it)

2- wulfen(saint and her girls)

3- tactical squads & blood claws(storm bolter doms & heavy bolter rets)

4- primaris marines(vulture gunship)

Game ended with the objective contested. Took heavy losses.

Lost

5- repentia

1- priest

1- vulture gunship

3- repressors

10- seriphim

5- heavy bolter rets

5- multi-melta rets

1- canoness

5- storm bolter doms

2- Imagifiers

2- penitent engines (Did nothing)

Edited by grimsanity

Yesterday i purged...

1 Tau commander (cannoness with eviscerator and inferno pistol)

2 crisis suits (cannoness) 4 crisis suits (bss squads)

5 fire warriors (bss squad)

1 hammerhead (cannoness)

Lost

9 bolter bss sisters.

• 1 month later...

Last night i purged...

1 Tau Commander (cannoness)

2 ghostkeels (celestine and knight)

6 shield drones

6 crisis suits

10 stealth suits

3 broadsides.

Lost...

7 seraphim

1x 6 girl bss

3 bolter girls

Today I killed:

A Doomsday Ark

A bunch of Tomb Blades

A unit of Scarabs

A Triarch Stalker

Deathmasks

An Annihilation Barge

Immortals

More imortals but they respawned so probably don't count.

Azrael

Ravenwing Darkshroud

A Venerable dread

Primaris Lutenant

Company Anccient

2 Razor backs

4 Devastators 

A whole bunch of chaos stuff

Cultists

Rhinos

Berzerkers

Obliterators 

Havocs

2 big nasty chaos monster demon things that had psykers

A slightly smaller chaos demon thing that was was also a psyker and it had wings. 

I'm not going to lie... This is not a complete and comprehensive list... and after 3 games in one day my mind has turned to mush... the important thing is in all 3 games i killed more points worth of their stuff than they killed of mine! Killed a whole mess of nasty robots, a whole bunch of emo green guys with questionable loyalty and purged a :cuss load of heretics.

Wit a pure Sisters list, today I purged three dreadnoughts, a Baneblade, a Stormlord, a Marine Scout Sniper Squad, two Militarum platoons and a headquarters, and two Bloat Drones.

Todaym we had our "Tanks-giving" battle at the local store. It was a 30-ish points list for each army, and it turned out to be a six way free for all. I brought my Order of the Bloody Rose sisters, and had the following list:

Exorcist with hunter-killer missile and Storm Bolter

Two Penitent Engines

Two Immolators, both armed with twin multi-meltas, hunter killer missile, and Storm Bolter.

The other players had:

Banesword

Hellhammer

Orks with two Battlewagons

Space Marine Predator and Land Raider Redeemer

Tyranid Old One Eye Brood and a Carnifex Brood

I managed to get first turn and turned my weapons on the Tyranids forces as they were within range of my Immolators and Exorcist. The Exorcist did well, had some good luck with the hunter-killer missiles, and finished off Old One Eye with multi-melta shots from my Immolators. I brought down his Carnifex Brood to about three wounds by the end of my turn. I sent my two Penitent engines his direction in case he decided to charge my army, but they were too far outside of range to engage my turn. The Tyranid player went next, and with half his forces already gone, and the last Brood limping along with only a few wounds left, he charged the Hellhammer in a final act of defiance. He managed to inflict one wound on the Hellhammer before getting turned into mush on the counterattack.

The Ork player went next, took a few shots at my Exorcist, but we took an unspoken agreement that we needed to really take down the heavy tanks if we were going to have any chance at surviving. He and I spend the remainder of the game exchanging Storm Bolter shots, just to keep each other at bay. One of his Battle wagons charged against the Predator and held out long enough for me to get my Penitent Engine into close combat. His battle wagon got destroyed, but I got my Penitent Engine into range for a charge against the Predator and managed to get my attacks and Desperate for Redemption roll and destroyed the Predator.

The Banesword and Redeemer were locked in close combat, trading wounds, until the Banesword finally finished off the Redeemer.

With the Space Marines vehicles and the Tyranids Broods out of action, the Banesword and Hellhammer were finally able turn turn this guns on the Ork Battlewagon and my vehicles. I beat down the Hellhammer pretty well, but he finally blew up my two Immolators and Exorcist. The Banesword took out my last Penitent Engine, thus knocking me out of the game. The Ork player locked his Battlewagon in close combat with the Hellhammer, which was soon joined by the Banesword. The Battlewagon died, but didn't explode. The Hellhammer was down to one wound, and the Banesword had only three wounds left. The Banesword pulled back out of close combat just enough to fire all its weapons, destroying the Hellhammer...which...exploded, doing 6 wounds to the Banesword! At the end of the game, every vehicle was destroyed!

I felt pretty good with the forces I had. My dice rolls went overall well for me (Emperor Protects!), and I managed to destroy an Old One Eye Tyranid and Space Marine Predator. I'm thinking if I needed to handle some heavy vehicles again like that, I would need a Knight. Overall, a fun battle, with a fun theme. Ave` Emperator!

Many Necrons, heretic vampires (Blood Angels), and heretic Guardsmen (they must have been heretics if they fought the might of the Adepta Sororitas) were purged yesterday. The greatest moment was when Canoness Sophronia Airetoktoni slew the vampire Dante in single combat with her mighty eviscerator.

That’s the great thing, the moment you admit you’re fighting against the Sororitas you’re a Heretic. Never have to worry too much about fluffy battles :P

(Though I’ve not had a chance to play in 4-5 months. Probably in January I can get some games in :D )

Then you fall back on the old “training exercise” excuse. It’s especially useful since you’re both the same Order.

A better option is to find 2 heretics and play doubles against them :D (I’d love the chance to play doubles teamed up with another Sisters player, let alone one of the same or a similar Order . . . )

Edited by Servant of Dante

I play a lot of "Training Exercises". 
Tonight, I purged, from the Crimson Fists;

5 Scouts

1 Land Raider Redeemer

5 Sternguard Veterans

3 Tactical marines

1 Captain

1 Techmarine

Not the most incredible of games, but I killed his warlord, and the Redeemer, so I'm counting a moral victory.

• 2 weeks later...

Today i purged...

1 blood angel captain

9 death company

5 sanguinary guard

15 sniper scouts

1 landraider

Lost...

Cannoness

Imagifier

15 bss

7 seraphim

2 exorcists

1 immolator

...typing this up now, i realise i played with a 200pt handicap as i never took my 2 squads off bss that were in the immos. Even after i lost one immo i forgot it had a squad inside...i now see this would have made a huge game changing difference. I dont mind, was a great close game. Only lost by one point.

Dark Angels

Two of their fancy landspeeders

Two tac squads

One venerable dreadnought

One apothecary on a bike

One rhino

Partial: about half of a third tac squad

Cost:

2 Penitent Engines

1 BSS x5 (flamer squad)

Partial: 8/10 Seraphim, 4/5 BSS (melta), and either Eleanor or Genevieve (I can't tell the Geminae apart)

Result: "the Prize" scenario, my max size footslogger squad had it, and there was no way he could kill enough of them they would lose it before the game ended, so he conceded at the end of 4.

Bonus: My Hospitaller managed to actually revive two or three dead BSS from my max size squad this time around.

Trade-off: It was my Imagifiers turn to be useless.

Edited by Warsmith Aznable

Today i purged...

2 exocrine (celestine; mostly killed one then teammate finished off the last couple wounds. My exploding knight took out the last couple wounds on the other.)

5 hive guard (celestine)

Tyranid prime (celestine finished the job teammates sniper started)

1 warrior (cannoness inferno pot shot)

2 dakka carnifex (relic cannoness; took one down to 2 wound in a single round of combat then finished it off with martyrdom act when celestine finally went down. Finished off the other with inferno pistol overwatch.)

3 ripper swarms (bss; took a base out in combat and the rest of the swarm vanished with an epically bad morale roll.)

Player of the game: draw between celestine and cannoness. Relic sword for cannoness makes her a beast. Im definately going to have to find a way to play her mre aggressively on my lists.

Had a good game yesterday. We are doing an escalation game, starting our at 500 points, and going up 250 points every two weeks. We had to start with a patrol detachment, and will expand on that. For my 500 points (499), I brought:

Canoness with Inferno Pistol, Power Sword (Relic Blade of Admonition), Warlord Trait (Legendary Fighter

Battle Sister Squad:

Sister Superior with Power Sword and Storm Bolter

Battle Sister with Heavy Bolter

Battle Sister with Storm Bolter

7 Battle Sisters with Bolt Guns

Dominion Squad

Dominion Superior with Power Sword and Combi-Flamer

4 Dominions with Flamers

Immolator with Immolation Flamers and Storm Bolter

Repressor with two Heavy Flamers and Storm Bolter 

We drew randomly to see who we paired up with for the battle, and I ended up fighting Orks. The other player brought two 30 man squads of Ork Boyz and a Ork Warboss with Big Choppa. 

We played an open war game and the objective was a fallen comet that would drop in the third turn. Both sides had the special ability to head d3 wounds at the start of their round, and I drew a special tactic card that I could bring back a completely destroyed unit at the end of my following movement phase. The terrain was quite busy with ruined buildings and proved to be an impediment to moving my Repressor. I put my BSS and Canoness on top of a building, the Immolator to the left of the building, the Repressor a bit further back to the right, and the Dominion squad concealed behind a building to the left of the Immolator. The other player had his two Ork squads on the ground in front of my troops, and one squad and his Warboss hidden behind a building.

I got first turn, and started by using my Act of Faith to fire my BSS into his closest squad of Ork Boyz, taking their numbers down a bit, but not as much as I had hoped. I moved up my Immolator and Repressor and started cooking off the Boyz that I could range with the Immolator and firing again with the BSS. The Repressor wasn't in range that turn, and I kept my Dominion squad back in reserve. By the end of my first turn, I had taken out about 10 Boyz. 

The other player's first turn, he moved up his Warboss, jumped up the second squad onto a building across from my BSS and close to my Repressor. The weakened Boyz squad moved up, shot up a few of my BSS and charged the Immolator. The terrain didn't allow him to completely encircle my  Immolator and would turn out to be costly for him. The second 30 man squad of Boyz completely surrounded my Repressor and got a few burned off before completing their charge. The Warboss hung back that turn, letting the Ork Boyz be a meat shield.

My 2nd turn rolled around, and I pulled my Immolator back and proceeded to fire my Dominion Squad Flamers at the first Ork Boyz squad, burning them down to about 7 models left. The Repressor traded melee attacks  with the 2nd squad of Boyz, but couldn't extract itself from combat since it was boxed in. The BSS fired into the 1st squad of Boyz as it was the only clear target.

The Orks second turn had them assault my Dominions, the Warboss charged my BSS and the second Boyz squad stayed locked in combat with the Repressor. Traded a few shots, but at the end, they managed to kill my Repressor, and the ensuing explosion did damage to my BSS and left his Boyz running around trying to put out the promethium fires on their squadmates with axes. They still had around 15 to 20 Boyz at the end, the 1st Squad of Boyz was down to one, and the Warboss killed my BSS down to the Sister Superior and one Battle Sister.

My third turn, the Canoness turned into a wrecking ball with her Relic Blade and killed off the Warboss, and the Dominions killed off the last of the 1st squad of Boyz. I used my special tactic card to bring back my Repressor closer to the middle of the board, as the comet had dropped into the middle of the board. I pretty much ensured his Boyz wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the comet. The remaining 2nd squad of Boyz climbed the building and engaged my remaining Battle Sisters and Canoness, killing off the BSS and taking the Canoness to one wound.

At the start of the last turn, the Canoness jumped down to disengage herself from combat, and letting the Immolator open fire with the flamers and storm bolter. The other players final turn ended up with him pursuing my Dominion squad and Immolator, but their fate was all but sealed. I could claim victory at the end.  My losses were

10 girl BSS Squad

Canoness

Repressor (Brought back in Reinforcement drop)

His losses:

Warboss

53 Ork Boyz

I felt pretty good about the outcome, but wasn't overly impressed with using straight bolters with the BSS squad. My normal play style is to run several squads of Dominions with either Meltaguns and Flamers. I was very pleased with the Blade of Admonition and recommend it highly. I think my list worked out well, but if I had gone up against any tanks or armor, I might not have fared as well. Sororitas really need to keep some antiarmor capability tucked away.

It was a fun day of burning Xenos scum. Ave` Emperator!

=][=