Today I Purged...

Beams

Today i urged...

29 hormagaunts (12 downed by cannoness w/relic)

1 warrior

20 genestealers

1 broodlord

Hive tyrant (downed by relic cannoness)

My losses...

10 seraphim

Celestine and friends (didnt get a chamce to do anything, dice gods hated her)

5 bss girls

Today, the cleansing flames of redemption purged:

5 Intercessors

2 Reivers

3 Agressors

1 Primaris Chaplain

1 Primaris Librarian

Martryed, and sitting at the foot of the Emperor, from my Order of the Bloody Rose, were:

5 Dominions

10 Battle Sisters

1 Repressor

Remaining on the field of battle were my Canoness and an Immolator. We were playing a 500 point Patrol Detachment. I might not have lost the Repressor and Sisters squad inside had I actually remembered I could fire out of the Repressor. The Canoness did the heavy lifting with her Sword of Admonition, which is a must take from now on.

Today the sisters of the Oorder of the Penitent Spirit purged xenos most foul...

Hive Tyrant

Tyranid Prime

5 Warriors

3 Xoanthropes

60 gaunts (stabby stabby kind)

Successfully captured and destroyed a clutch of the xenos eggs. (Capture and control mission)

Successfully recovered Father Niklos. (Capture and control)

Martyred in his name...

Cannoness

5 Sisters

5 Seraphim

Immolator

Mission was eternal war Capture and Control (capture the flag). Game was a close nail biter with both players rolling poorly. First blood didnt happen till bottom of turn 2.

Could have gone either way till Celestine reappeared behind enemy lines and started assaulting the zoanthrope squad sitting on the objective. The tide of gaunts turned to go after Celestine after she survived some smiting and the Psychic Nope Stratagem stopped the closest gaunt unit from charging after advancing. This took the pressure off the front line units which then capitalised on the faltered line and surged forward, immolating gaunts in large swathes. (Heavy and immolation flamers were stars of this game even against the hive tyrant).

Game ended top of turn 5 as the last warrior fell and the tyranids were purged from the battlefield. Father Niklos was effortlessly recovered and the Tyranid nest destroyed.

Final scores were niddies 2, sisters 8.

Cannoness lasted 2 turns in combat with the hive tyrant. Even with faith and assault giving her 15 attacks and a shooting attack over that time, she just couldnt roll above a 3 to wound the thing. Tyrant died to immolation flamer.

• 3 weeks later...

Today i purged...

Helbrecht

The other black templar special character

2x10 black templar marine squads

1x 10 black templar crusader squad

Iron clad dreadnaught

Stormraven

2x emperors champions

Razorback

Predator

1x5 thss terminators

Knight Crusader

Martyred...

Greyfax: to an exploding predator she smited.

6 arco flagellants

1x5 seraphim

1x 10 bss (plus 11 bss)

Penitent engine

Rhino transport

1x5 retributors

• 2 weeks later...

Today I purged...

2x Neurothrope

2x 30 Slashy Gaunts

1x 30 Shooty gaunts

3x Warriors

Lost...

Celestine and the wonder twins. (Tanked so much damage)

8 Battle sisters

1x 10 Seraphim

1x Exorcist

1x Celestial Herald...experimented with slaanesh daemons as i plan on doing up some 3rd party angels and running them with the rules and fluffing them as other living saints.

Edited by Atrus

• 3 weeks later...

First game against Guard. Tiday I purged...

2x chimera

1x company commander

3x10 guard infantry

2x10 guard veteran

1x2 armoured scout sentinels

1x3 autocannon heavy weapons team

2x10 storm trooper scions

1x hydra (FW variant)

2x punisher flyer- heavily damaged (FW flyer puts out 40 s5 shots each)

1x vanquisher- lightly damaged (FW variant)

Martyed...

1x cannoness

1x dialogus

1x imagifier

1x10 seraphim

2x6 bss

1x15 bss

3x1 divine avengers (slaanesh fiends)

1x Saint Mikayla (herald of slaanesh on steed)

1x Saint Gisela (keeper of secrets)

1x exorcist- paint slightly scratched

1x Saint Helena and friends- unscathed. (Celestine and friends)

Brutal game that went blow for blow. Opponent was using index guard as he grabbed 7th ed book codex by mistake.

Sisters prevailed on VP 8-3

I'm assuming you guys are playing Narrative or Open play? Thought matched rules required all detachments to share a keyword even though I love the idea of using daemon rules to represent saints and angels of the God-Emperor.

The army is battle forged. There was 2 seperate detachments: battalion for sisters and vanguard for the daemons.

No good for tournaments, yes; but fine for the casual games i exclusively play.

We were still using points limits and whatnot.

Personally i break Matched play in 2 categories.

1) Matched play (tournament): uses points and as you said, requires all models in all detachments to share a faction keyword.

2)Matched play (casual): uses points and all models in a detachment to share a faction keyword.

Not sure if that second is whats called Open Play or Narrative play. All i know is as long as i keep them in seperate detachments, it is a perfectly legal battle forged army.

I ran it by my opponent before game of course and he was cool with it. Walked him through what each is capable of as he'd not come across slaanesh daemons before. The avengers of course did not survive to their turn 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I purged a small strike force of Grey Knights, those psychic abominations who revel in the blood of the holy (and not in the good, Ecclesiarch-approved way).  To a man they were slaughtered while only five sisters were martyred (three arco-flagellants achieved atonement for their sins as well.  The high point was when Canoness Veridyan ran a quarter of the way across the tabletop and leaped into combat with Kaldor Draigo to drive her Blade of Admonition into his skull (he had previously attempted to charge into an Immolator only to fail, finding the holy promethium too hot for his liking).

Four game 1000pt tournament, the girls went 4-0, missions were the first four Eternal War missions from Chapter Approved.

Primaris, Game 1 purged:

6 Hellblasters

Primaris Captain

4 Aggressors

Grav Tank

Martyred:

10 Seraphim

5 Dominions

2 Immolators

Game 2 Imp Guard Purged:

30 Vostroyans

2 Leman Russ

3 Company Commanders

10 Special Weapons guardsmen

Martyred:

5 Battle Sisters

2 Dominions

6 Seraphim

Game 3 Imp Guard purged:

40, 50? Guardsmen

2 Company Commanders

3 Tempestus Scions

Martyred:

5 Battle Sisters

1 Dominion

5 Seraphim

Game 4 (Imperium) Purged:

5 Sisters of Silence

Eversor

Callidus

Shield Captain on Jetbike

5 Black Templar Terminators

Chaplain Dreadnought

8 Scouts

Martyred:

2 Battle Sisters

5 Seraphim

5 Dominions

Cannoness

Immolator

After 4 awesome games I placed 32nd overall with my SoB in the adepticon 40k championship, making us the best performing index army!

I can do batreps on monday if anyone's interested.

I'm interested! Would love to hear more!

After 4 awesome games I placed 32nd overall with my SoB in the adepticon 40k championship, making us the best performing index army!

I am interested is well.  Regret you only placed 32nd, but being the best performing index army is still a good place to be.

I am interested is well. Regret you only placed 32nd, but being the best performing index army is still a good place to be.

I'm happy with it lol, 32nd out of nearly 250 ain't a bad showing if I do say so myself!

So I spent a solid hour writing out batreps for all 4 games but lost it when I tried to post them not logged in so SPARK NOTES VERSION!

My list: Battalion+ outrider Celestine, Canoness, Bike Custode, 4x5 Melta doms, 3x5 BSS with SB, 1x5SB Doms, 2x5 HB Rets, 4ximmoflamer 1xrepressor

Game 1: Chaos Artillery(3 Plague Crawlers, 3 Ren Basi, 3x20 horrors, 30 PLaguebearers, Daemon Prince, others)

Point Deployment. He put Plaguecrawlers+bearers left and daemon prince+deepstriking pinks+basi right. I swept right with melta, killed all the horrors and popped all 3 basilisks by turn 3 but ceded objective control to do it. Custode captain got chumped out by the DP who ate melta in the face from the seraphim. He held more objectives but I killed way more stuff. Ended in a tie on turn 4, due to round timer.

Game 2: Deepstriking RG with Aggressors, hellblasters, shrike, grav devs, partridge, peartree

Vanguard Strike. He deepstruck all the good stuff, took first turn, killed a bunch of stuff, as is tradition. Made a big deployement mistake by thinking that his Standard of the Emperor ascendent was safe just because he put a couple of tough units in front of it...22" away from the seraphim. Double Jump sniped out the Standard with melta pistols. After that he just didn't have the bodies to outlast me when we were killing basically 1 for 1. Shrike died turn 3 and that was pretty much the end of it. 40-0 me

Game 3: Guard parking lot with infinte CP in Hammer and Anvil when he had first turn. It went almost exactly how you think it did. I did blow up his Baneblade though. If I had gone first I could have killed his army down to 3 models with the way deployment was. Ce'la vie. 24-16 to the Guard.

Game 4: Sanguinary guard star with Mephiston, a unit of Deathcompany, foot infantry, and 3 thud guns for backup.

Deployed with bubble wrap, gave him first turn. He decided not to drop. Turn two used Celestine to force the drop by killing most of the death company(double 6 morale check) He failed a 3d6 charge with a reroll on the Sanguinary guard star, killed it down to his Smash Captain and 1 lone Guard. Mephiston tried to kill Celestine, failed and died(got her in his death throes tho) Smash Captain tried to kill the Custode, failed and melta'd to death. Thud guns killed 1 SoB in 6 turns. 40-0 SoB

We both played the early game correctly but this ended up being 95% dice. He failed every important roll all game and I made about 200 3+ armors and 4+ invuls, I never had a Melta squad miss more than 1 shot and the only vehicle that I lost exploded and killed 5 models arcross 3 of his units. 

Edited by ERJAK

3 way 2k match that turned into a 2 on 1. Black Templars and Blood angels wanted to test the faith of the Order of the Ashen Rose.

Today i purged...

Black Templars chaplain

2 predators

2 rhinos

1 spartan

40 templars

10 blood angels

5 sanguinary guard with priest

Dante

2 contemptor dreads

Emperor's champion

2 8 man assault squads

Martyred...

2x 5 man seraphim squads

8 repentia

1 priest

2 canoness

2 Geminae Superia twice

3x 5 bolter sisters

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seraphim squads fought with faith and fury with the holy saint to destroy an enemy spartan. Seraphim and Geminae Superia lost in subsequent violent explosion(bodies lost-unrecovered)

Repentia squad with a holy priest and canoness fought with faith and fury to destroy 2 predator tanks. All lost in subsequent violent explosion(bodies lost- unrecovered)

15 brave sisters held a holy shine against sanguinary guard with a priest and a squad of marines. all lost in fierce hand to hand combat (bodies found and recovered)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honors.....

5x women melta team with canoness in repressor. Destroyed 2 rhinos(including troops inside) and 1 contemptor dread

A vindicare assassin killed Dante and a black templars chaplain with precision sniper fire

One of the emperor's guardians on a jet bike killed 1 contemtor dread, 40 templars, and a Emperor's champion in fierce hand to hand combat.

Edited by grimsanity

In a 2K game vs. Ravenguard I purged:

Named Captain

Chapter Primaris Ancient

Primaris Lieutenant

Two Scout squads

Two Hellblaster squads

Inceptor Squad

Sergeant Telion

.... and I still lost by 3 points! (11-14) :(

Played a couple of social pick up games last night. 500 point lists, six people, random teams of 3.

I purged in game 1: a squad of Crusaders, a Primaris Psyker, a Commissar, a Vindicare, two squads of Tempestus Scions.

My team lost, but it was a close, hard fought game. I very well could have won it for us in the last turn, but my dice turned against me when rolling my autohits for my handflamers. It was a fun game.

Game 2 was a tragedy best not discussed. :(

Played a 1000pts Highlander Tournament last weekend (one of each datasheet, can only pick one detachment).  Ran a Supreme Command Detachment of Super Best Friends:

Celestine + Gem

Shield Captain on dawneagle with 3++ relic and Superior Creation warlord

Sammael on Corvex

9 Legion of the Damned w/multimelta and plasmapistol/power maul on sarg

Cannoness w/Evisorator and Inferno Pistol

Immolator with Immo Flamers

Game 1 against Elder, victory for the Super Best Friends, purged:

20 Guardians

Spirit Seer

Warlock

Farseer

10 Banshees

6 Rangers

Game 2 against Tzeentch, victory for the Super Best Friends, bonus points for killing all of your opponents choices in one slot (he chose troops...), purged:

40 Cultists

5 Thousand Sons

20 Tzansgors

Game 3 against Tyranids, win for the 'Nids, purged:

20 Hormagaunts

10 Termagaunts

3 Venomthropes

Carnifex

3 Ripper Swarms

Trygon

Neurothrope

The Swarmlord managed to smite away at my characters.

Game 4, Necrons, win for the Super Best Friends but only just, purged:

20 Necron Warriors

Necron Lord on Command Barge

Cryptek

3 Tomb Blades

5 Immortals

Had loads of fun and can't wait to scale up to 2000pts!

Played against a friend's Necrons.  2000pts, Vanguard strike deployment, mission was Scorched Earth from Chapter Approved.  Purged/martyred models in strikethrough

Friend's list was:

Nephrekh Battalion

Overlord w/Warscythe

Lord w/Staff of Light

10 Deathmarks

Triarch Stalker w/twin heavy gauss cannon

C'tan Shard of the Nightbringer

2x 10 Warriors

10 Immortals w/tesla

3 Destroyers

Sentry Pylon w/heat cannon and teleportation matrix

Novokh Outrider

Cryptek w/staff of light and canoptek cloak w/lightning field relic (warlord)

6 Wraiths w/3 particle casters

2x 3 Scarab Swarms

My list was:

Battalion

Celestine + 2x Geminae

Cannoness w/bolt pistol/chainsword

Cannoness w/evisorator/inferno pistol

2x 5 BSS w/3x Stormbolter

1x 5 BSS w/2x Stormbolter

5 Doms w/4x meltaguns, plasmapistol on superior

2x Exorcists

2x Immo w/immo flamer

1x Repressor w/2x stormbolter and HF

Outrider

Shield Captain on dawn eagle bike w/hurricane bolters, superior creation, auric aquilias

Eversor

2x 5 Seraphim w/2x twin inferno pistols

5 Doms w/4x meltaguns and plasma pistol on superior

Patrol

Sammael on corvex

5 scouts w/bolters

We called it at the end of turn 4 due to time.  Sisters won 14-6 via objectives.  I was able to get onto the objectives early and just sit on them with the BSS squads.  Between the Immolators, Repressor, Celestine, Shield Captain and Sammael I was able to chew through all the warriors and immortals by turn 1, with only a weakened warrior squad left to mop up.  The pylon was dangerous, able to pop a vehicle almost every turn and the c'tan is essentially a mortal wound machine.  It survived a few rounds of combat, before killing Celestine (for the second time) with it's nova power (every model within 9" takes d3 mortal wounds on a roll of 4+) enabling me to pop Martyrdom and inferno pistol it at point blank range...which then caused it to explode on a 4+ and kill another chunk of my army.  Due to some hot dice I was able to tank a round of Wraith combat with the Shield Captain, but the following turn they just ate him for breakfast.

Overall was happy with the list, needs more practice to get use to using Sammael and the scouts.  Of the three characters Sammael is the easiest to kill, so I tend to play conservatively with him, keeping him midfield and using him as support.  Need to remember I have access to Speed of the Raven, so if needed he can zip away and punk something hiding in the backfield.  Looking forward to getting more games in.  Psychic powers and mortal wounds will definitely be the weakness of the list.  Luckily against this list I was able to save my command points due to the lack of enemy psychic powers, however I think against something like Eldar my CP's will be eaten up relatively quickly.

Edited by bkde

Yesterday Canoness Hildegard slew, in single combat, the arch-fiend Abaddon.  After meeting him in combat, they traded blows twice when both were on their last legs. At this point, a prayer on her lips, Canoness Hildegard allowed her faith to guide her hand, which moved with such speed that it seemed out of phase with reality as she drove her Blade of Admonition deep into the despoiler's hearts, banishing him once again from reality.  At that point, the Black Legion forces had largely been routed, and all the Sisters needed to do was mop up the remaining traitors.

Today I faced off against Craftword Iyanden, the Mission was Ascension, with Spearhead Assault deployment, 2K in forces each. Lost the roll and went second.

I purged:

- Two 6 bike squads of Windriders

- 1 Fire Prism

- 1 Falcon

- 1 Warlock

- 1 Autarch w/ wings (Warlord)

- Two 5 elf Ranger squads

- Reduced two Dark reaper squads down to 1 model each

- Took out 6 of 10 Guardians in one squad

My casualties:

- 2 Immolators

- 1 Canoness w/ relic

- one squad of 8 Seraphim

- 1 Repressor

All my remaining Units, except four, were pretty beaten up. Only Celestine's unit, one BSS squad, my Dominion squad and the real shocker, my three Penitent Engines had no damage at the end of the four turn game (my opponent conceded).

8 - 1 Victory for the Sisters

Edited by Montford

Faced off against the treasonous post-deserting forces of the Adeptus Custodes.

1000pt game of "lets just throw dice at each other".

Purged...

Custodes Shield Captain

Custodes with the banner

1x5 Custodes Wardens

1x5 Custodes Terminators

Martyred or "needed elsewhere"...

Saint Gisela- Bringer of Truth (Keeper of secrets)

Saint Mikayla- The Celestial Herald (Herald of slaanesh on steed)

3x1 Divine Avengers (Fiends of slaanesh)

3 BSS bolter girls.

Custodes forces wiped to the last.

Im happy now. Finally got all my "saints and angels" models painted up and together in a game, finally. Looked good on the table. Wish id taken a photo.

From now on, should be getting more pure sister games fitting of this subforum ;)

Faced Aeldari craftworld of  Ulthwé. Tabling the filthy xenos by turn 5.

Maelstorm - Tactical gambit

Purged:

Eldrad

5x seer council

7x Warp spiders

10x Striking scorpions 

Karandras the phoenix lord of the Striking scorpions

2x10 guardian units

10x rangers 

Wave serpent with 5x dire avengers

2 wraith lords

Martyred 

roughly 85-90% of my entire force

Points to note. Seraphim turn one jump to Eldrad's face melted him. Celestine proceeded to mop the entire enemy table edge by herself. killing, 2 guardian teams, wraith lord(seraphim helped), warlocks and a squad of warpspiders.