Today I Purged...

Beams

Today the Emperors faithful faced off against forces of the Imperial Fists and purged...

Imperial Fists Chapter Master (absolutely destroyed by relic Cannoness)

Imperial Fists Lieutenant (absolutely destroyed by relic Cannoness)

1x3 Aggressors

2x5 Tactical squads

2x Lazbacks

1x Vindicator

Martyred...

Cannoness w/ relic (who was so freaking murderdeathkilly)

1x9 Seraphim

1x5 BSS (honours to the HF sister who singlehandedly wiped a tac squad)

1x2 Pengines

Repressor.

1000pt game straight up kill each other.

Cannoness wad a beast. All her charges were 12". Wiped the CM in one round. Lieutenant the next round and then did 9 wounds in combat against a primaris dreadought thing in a single round before finally taking a nap.

My list was easybake. Heavy flamers everywhere. Tried 2 HF Ret squads in repressor. Slow to get into tange but when they do, ho boy, 8 HF make short work of things, even tanks.

Opponent was tank heavy. Conceded end of top turn 5 when he saw my remaining 2 HF Ret squads and immolator were just going to purify his remaining 1x5 tac squad, lazback, fallen back vindicator and seriously messed up dreddy.

Today i learned the power of massed HF. Averaged 19 auto hits per squad.

Yesterday @ the local league, the Ashen Wing Sororitas faced off vs a brigade traitor Iron Warriors...

Purged:
3x Chaos Lord (one on a bike)
3x double fist helbrutes
3x spawn
3x 10 man cultists
3x 5 man CSM with 1 lascannon
2x maulerfiend
1x havoc squad with lascannons and autocannons
2x triple oblit squads

Martyred:
Celestine (needed elsewhere after her first fall)
1x 5 BSS with double melta
1x 5 Seraphim with 4 melta pistols
2x flame immolators
1x penitent engine

Also lost, a lone guard valkyrie from a supporting air wing.  The other valk and the avenger limped home post battle!
The oblits were the heavy hitters in my opponent's army - my favorite tactic was charging them with the valks in hover mode to deny shooting :)  One squad got wiped out by a relic cannoness, and the other whittled down by assorted melta and heavy bolter shots.

MVPs were the Pen engine (took a round against the maulerfiend, and then killed it on the return swing), and the MM rets, who accounted for all 3 brutes, the other maulerfiend, and plenty of infantry kills when they ran out of tank targets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1850 narrative league game vs necrons. Ended with a tabling on the bottom of 4

Purged:

Necron overlord

Necron lord

Cynoptek with a cloak

2x warriors (10? Man)

1x immortals (10 man)

1x flayed ones (15 man)

3x destroyers

10x Lych Guard

5x death marks

1x doomscythe (I think? Necron flier)

I had never played against necrons before, so he let me look up each unit in his Codex as he deployed it.

Martyred:

2x canoness

5x bs with double melta

4x pistol seraphim

5x retributors with bolters and multimelta - rest of th squad lived

Also lost 1 penitent engine and 2 Custodes guardians.

I took about 1300 pts of Sisters - a battalion and a spearhead led by 3 canonesses, 4 bss, rhino, double immolator, double rets with 5 mm between them, 1 6 man seraphim squad, and a pair of imagifiers. I ran them with a Custodes patrol, who I’d never played before - foot captain, 3 guardians, and a unit of 3 praetors. Wow, those bikes clean stuff up in CC!

MVP to my martyred eviscerator canoness, who went toe to toe alongside the guardians vs a large squad of warriors and immortals before finally falling to the overlord.

Emperor praise the newest line of knight models :)  Just felt I had to come in here to celebrate a great game!

Purged:

Boltguns across about 25 models: 1 wound, saved, 0 purges

8 Meltaguns (2 squads of Dominions): 1 Noise Marine

Lasguns: 2 Noise Marines and a wound off of a defiler (infinity more effective than the boltgun...)

Heavy Bolter Rets: Got shuffled off to be with the Emperor - 0 purges

Immolators: a few Noise Marines with chainswords, a couple with Sonic Rifles...

Hellhounds: A few more Noise Marines, and a crap ton of saves... seriously, the Emperor really liked this tank, the other hellhound, unfortunately, blew up and did a total of 8 wounds across my units at the end of the game.

Knight Valiant: 8 Chosen, about 3 Noise Marines with Chainswords, 3 Obliterators, 1 Sonic Helbrute, a Rhino, and 7 other Noise Marines hiding in cover.

And not to be outdone by the Valiant...

Celestine: Heldrake, Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, Chaos Sorcerer, Exalted Champion with a Murder Sword aimed at her, Defiler (which had nimbly dodged 2 Harpoons from the Valiant), and another Sonic Helbrute.

2000 Point bloodbath with the Emperor's Children.  1 Sisters Battalion, 1 Catachan Battalion, and a Super-Heavy Auxiliary detachments.

The Valiant was played really poorly.  I was so excited to open with the Relic Conflagration Cannon and Harpoon that I totally forgot the 4 meltaguns and all of the shoulder guns/missiles for all 3 times it shot.  Also, charged it into a squad of melee Noise Marines who had just taken 3 Immolators/Hellhounds to the face and lived... and he didn't do much better in melee.  But it did shut off his Conflagration Cannon overwatch against a Daemon Prince sporting in the neighborhood of 12 attacks.

The Valiant did, however, open a lot of space up for Celestine.  She went absolutely bonkers tearing through anything silly enough to be within her reach.

The boltguns doing absolutely nothing all game, only to be one-upped by a guard infantry squad with lasguns taking out last couple of models in the rock solid Noise Marine squad that had my head in fits trying to deal with them (they made a ton of heroic-class saves against stuff they had no business tangling with).

A week ago (2nd & 3rd of June) I achieved 3rd place in a local tournament of 14 players. 2,000 point armies. It was quite a lot of fun.

I purged 1,300+ points of Black Legion mostly with PE's and Celestine charging Terminators and a Seraphim squad on an objective fighting like they were in front of the Emoeror's throne! An Immolator finished off a wounded Abbaddon. My highest score of the weekend (25 Victory Points).

I was purged by Imperial Guard but as his whole army were the old models which looked like Victorian British Infantry it didn't feel so bad, they looked that cool.

I was purged by Tyrannids because I got really stupid. :sad.: I deserved that loss.

I purged Ad Mech of 700+ points, mostly infantry and walkers, but won on objectives.

I purged all but four units and a leader of Cadian Imperial Guard.

Glory to the Emperor!

Edited by Montford

• 2 weeks later...

A week ago (2nd & 3rd of June) I achieved 3rd place in a local tournament of 14 players. 2,000 point armies. It was quite a lot of fun.

Congrats on the placing! Always nice seeing the ladies do well!

Which mission set were you playing?

Edited by bkde

1000pts ministorum and freeblade vs tyranids.

Purged...

40+ termagaunts

24 genestealers

Martyred...

Jacobus

Priest

9 arco flagellants

7 death cult assassins.

2 rhinos

1 knight errant

So many bodies.

Wiped off the table by end turn. My dice went ice cold end of turn 3.

Opponent had a neurothrope left, 3 warriors, 6 termahaunts and Swarmlord with 4 wounds left.

Played 2000pts ITC Champions Scenario 4.

Purged:

10 cultists

2 flamer bloat drones

1 fleshmower drone

3 daemon princes

1 plague guy with the s2d6 3 damage flamer

10 poxwalkers

Martyred:

1 immolator

1 repressor

2 Shield captains on jetbikes

2x 5 dominions

5 seraphim

5 battle sisters

Cannoness

Girls/knight/custodes took it on scenario. Had the final bracketed knight, unkilled Celestine, full health 3++/5+ shield cap, two squads of BSS and wounded immo left after Turn 5. Against a mauled terminator squad, two damaged plague tanks, couple squads of pox walkers and wounded squad of marines.

Played 2000pts ITC Champions Scenario #6, Spearhead Deployment

Purged:

Forgeworld Chimera

Scout Sentinal

Martyred:

3 Shield Captains

Celestine

5 doms

5 doms

Repressor

Immolator

Immolator

5 BSS

5 BSS

So many silly errors this game, target priority with my knight, forgetting to drop my seraphim, poor screening with my backfield, resurrecting a geminae when Celestine is damaged. Silly mistakes. Opponent rolled like a boss for his 3++ shield caps as well, neutering my melta. Conceeded after Turn 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night, I played an ITC scenario #6 also, the four corners deployment. My hubs, who regularly plays guard (to great tournament success), was giving an Eldar ITC list a try - I am his regular tournament prep punching bag.

It ended up a loss, but a solid scoring one, 24-35.

Purged:

3 foot warlocks

1 bike farseer

1 foot farseer

2 ranger squads

13 shining Spears (2 squads)

9 reapers

2 wave serpents

9 guardians

5 swooping hawks

Hemlock

He ended the game with 3 ranger models, catlady, and a like guardian.

Martyred:

An allied Knight (killed all the reapers, 2 locks, and a wave serpent... mostly due to an awesome explosion!)

2 canonesses

6 battle sister squads with heavy bolters or melta

2 Ret squads - 4 MM and 4 HB

2 immolators

2 seraphim squads

1 imagifier

Lived: Celestine, she didn’t go down once! A canoness, an imagifier, and an immolator with 6 wds left.

MVP was the canoness, who took out the 9 man spear squad all by her lonesome after a lackluster charge only got half of them in swing distance. She was the warlord with the tut tut blade, and it turns out 3 sets of swings hitting on 2s and wounding on 3s is pretty boss.

Second up was the knight, who only killed a serpent and 3 reapers on his own, but charged 12” with 2 wds left and exploded all over the reaper/psyker ball. Good job knight!

Last night, I played an ITC scenario #6 also, the four corners deployment. My hubs, who regularly plays guard (to great tournament success), was giving an Eldar ITC list a try - I am his regular tournament prep punching bag.

It ended up a loss, but a solid scoring one, 24-35.

Purged:

3 foot warlocks

1 bike farseer

1 foot farseer

2 ranger squads

13 shining Spears (2 squads)

9 reapers

2 wave serpents

9 guardians

5 swooping hawks

Hemlock

He ended the game with 3 ranger models, catlady, and a like guardian.

Martyred:

An allied Knight (killed all the reapers, 2 locks, and a wave serpent... mostly due to an awesome explosion!)

2 canonesses

6 battle sister squads with heavy bolters or melta

2 Ret squads - 4 MM and 4 HB

2 immolators

2 seraphim squads

1 imagifier

Lived: Celestine, she didn’t go down once! A canoness, an imagifier, and an immolator with 6 wds left.

MVP was the canoness, who took out the 9 man spear squad all by her lonesome after a lackluster charge only got half of them in swing distance. She was the warlord with the tut tut blade, and it turns out 3 sets of swings hitting on 2s and wounding on 3s is pretty boss.

Second up was the knight, who only killed a serpent and 3 reapers on his own, but charged 12” with 2 wds left and exploded all over the reaper/psyker ball. Good job knight!

Which secondaries did each of you take? Sounds like a fun game with the knight going kaboom!

Eldar are such ridiculous enemies to take secondaries against! I went headhunter (the obvious choice...!) and maxed that, and also maxed Behind Enemy Lines, which the deployment really favored for me. I also took recon, but ended up only getting 2 pts for it... the knight explosion actually denied me a 3rd point, as he was alone in that back corner. I would have been better served with big game hunter, since I knocked out all 3 vehicles, but it had a hard cap of 3 points.

I leaned that with sisters, take Behind Ebemy Lines if on vanguard or 4 corners... otherwise take recon. (I played a frontline assault game last time and got 4 for recon and 2 for BEL. It’s interesting!)

He maxed all 3 of his (headhunter, recon, kingslayer on the knight) - he could have taken big game hunter, though he only would have gotten 3 for it; he wanted practice on positional secondaries for those times when facing a list that didn’t have 3 obvious choices.

Edited by Mekhitar

• 1 month later...

Another ITC game last night - mission #1 (6 objectives) dawn of war deployment. I played against a 40-ranger Aliatoc list, and ended up losing 27-31. Super pleased with my performance, however.

I took headhunter, BEL, and recon, and maxed all 3.

Purged:

Bike farseer

Bike warlock

Foot warlock

Spiritseer

2x hemlocks

Wave serpent

9 reapers

Assorted rangers - I really lost count

Martyred:

Celestine

Canoness

Imagifier x2

Battle sisters x3

Rets with heavy bolters

Immolators x3

Seraphim x2

Also two allied armigers were destroyed.

I ended with my multimelta rets in a bastion and the third armiger helverin, versus a bike autarch, some guardians, and the remaining rangers. I consistently won “hold more”, but ended up losing the game on “kill more”, as his entire list was -2 to hit! :p Still a great deal of fun, and we closed out the game in <3 hrs as well. We are planning on acquiring a chess clock to make the tournament prep more efficacious.

Edited by Mekhitar

• 2 weeks later...

1250pt Sisters and allied knight vs adeptus mechanicus and allied armiger lancers (i assume theyre allied)

Purged:

30 skitarii (6 squads of 5)

1 robot

2 dragoons

1 data smith

1 tech priest dominus

2 armiger lancers

Martyred:

11 bss (2 squads of 5 and 1 sister)

2 cannoness

1 exorcist

2 immolators

1 knight errant

Dice were cold as ice first half of the game before warming up to exceptionally average in last half. Opponents dice were hot all game and gained so many cp back it wasnt funny.

Woman of the match was Cannoness Katran who took down the tech priest in a single round, was then charged by a full health Lancer, tanked its attacks, faith shot next turn, shot shot and then finished it off in assault, then the following turn chased down the second lancer at half health and finished it off with a single inferno shot, before she was brought low by lots of dakka from the robot. Gotta love that inferno/blessed weapon loadout.

Was interesting game- first time ive faced mechanicus and their crazy weird rules and -1 to hit outside 12".

Exorcist is in the sin bin for only firing 1 shot in each of the first 4 turns even with command rerolls and failing to hit or wound.

Close game. Ended in a draw. Opponent scored first blood, slay warlord and line breaker. I had slay warlord and 2vp for holding my base. Opponent managed to get my bss off his base in last turn which denied me the win; luck he had nothing on his base left to score.

End of turn 7, opponent had 1 robot left, a tech priest and a dragoon with 2 or 3 wounds left. I had a squad of 9 bss sisters.

Had fun which is the most important.

Edited by Atrus

• 2 weeks later...

Today i purged...

1 deathwatch captain

1 deathwatch librarian

2x corvus

1x8 primaris deathwatch (too much on it to remember.)

1x8 deatchwatch squads. ( squad had a heap of frags and flame-seriously cant keep up with everything all those squads can take)

1x8 shooty veteran deathwatch squad

1x3 intercessors

1x5 deathwatch assault squad

1 False saint celestine and two imposters

Martyred...

Inquistor Greyfax

3x3 arco flaggelants

7 bolter girls

1x5 bss

1x7 seraphim

Game was a 2000pt kill points game.

I was using a new witch hunters list i made up. I was a bit worried because i didnt have any transports to protect my girls, so when he was in my face turn 1 and 2, i thought i wasnt going to make it, but the girls managed to tough it out and pull a surprising win by tabling my opponent end of turn 4.

Between Greyfax denying twice a turn with bonus to deny and Karamazov hampering psyker casting, and the denial stratagem, this was the first time in a long time i felt properly anti psyker...and it felt gooood. Opponents psychic phase was completely shut down every turn; not a single undenied psychic power.

Highlight of the game was when i lost the repentia mistress to shooting and got martyrdom.

Blob squad of 15 girls rapid fired the frag launching squad that had landed right in the face of my HQs. Reduced that squad to half its strength which let my HQs survive their charge.

Edit: off topic, the 4+ deny stratagem for sisters, can that be used if friendly psyker fails to deny?

Edited by Atrus

You can indeed... first you would attempt the deny; if it fails, and the power goes off, then you enact the stratagem to cancel it.

I actually had to inquire on that one with my husband - I don't usually run psykers, but he takes my sisters as an add-on to his guard for tournaments.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn’t play them myself, but my hubs took pure sisters to a local RTT and won 3-0. It was about his third game as sisters (though he has played Against them quite a bit - oops!), so it probably speaks more to his ITC skill than anything else, but I thought it worth a share. :) Here’s a brief recap:

He took 2 battalions (1 Sororitas, 1 AdMin)

Celestine

Canoness (bare bones)

Canoness w/ blade, inferno pistol

Canoness w/eviscerator

3x 5 man bss w/ melta, multimelta. 2 had combiplasma, one a power maul.

2x 5 man bss w/ heavy bolter

1x bss... I think nothing, maybe had 2x storm Bolters

5 man dominions with 2x storm bolter, 2x melta

5 man seraphim

2x 5 man seraphim with 4 inferno pistols

2x penitent engines

10 man ret squad with 4 heavy bolters

2x imagifier

1x dialogus (or as he called it - “charge a knight, get a free act of faith!” And “better than a commissar!”)

3x flame immolators

1x rhino - for the dominions

He lost just about everything every game, so there was a lot of martyring going on, but quite a bit of purging too.

Game 1 was vs a catachan brigade, 2 gallants, and the big FW melee knight (cerastus...? Maybe?) Highlights were retributors, the immolators, and Celestine roasting a ton of guardsmen. Oh, and the penitent engine that took out the catachan character ball all on her own - I think it killed 4 priests and commanders in one activation. The other engine finished punching an injured gallant to death (I think it put on 15 wounds in one phase).

Game 2 was vs a chaos soup - bloodletteers and nurglings, a DP, Ahriman and some cultists, double armiger, the dakka knight, and a fire raptor. The dakka knight proved most fearsome, killing 4 units on its own one turn with the stratagem, but it eventually got punched to death by the eviscerator canoness. Penitent engines had fun again, cutting in to kill 7bloodletters. The game ended early but the enemy was down to a 1 wd herald and the fire raptor at the end.

Game 3 faces a copy-paste is Nanavati’s ultramarines + assassins + psykers from BFS. The opponent ended up playing his characters a little too aggressive early, and after the retributers stripped the screen, a lot of psykers died to melta pistols. The game was very scrappy, but sisters pulled out a pretty clear victory on points. Penitent engines killed all the scout bikers. Perhaps Don’t charge them into Guilliman though, that 3++ is hard to shift. ;)

Hubs had only praise to heap on the retributers, which he regularly fired with AoF and martyrdom; also the canoness with the blade and pistol was a favorite. He takes Celestine and the seraphim all the time in his other list, so he didn’t have much new to say about them.

I think he was definitely helped by folks not rating the threat of penitent engines highly enough! (I’m so pleased one killed a knight.) Also, the dominion’s scouting rhino drew a lot of fire - simply because he was using it hardcore to move block the enemy’s army.

His favorite secondaries changed game to game, but he always took recon.

And that’s my little summary :)

Edited by Mekhitar

Sounded like a good time! ^_^ If he has a lot of ITC experience, I wonder how that, or a similar list would fair?

• 2 weeks later...

Today I purged...

2x jump pack captains

1x jump pack chaplain

2x 10 space marine squads

2x 5 sniper scout squads

2x predators

2x 7? Jump pack Vanguard assault veterans

1x 10? sternguard veteran

Martyred...

Inquisitor Karamazov

Inquisitor Greyfax

3x 5 bss

5 seraphim

Game called at the end of turn 5. Opponent only had a stormraven? (The flying shoebox transport) with 2 wounds left. He was using raven guard chapter tactics.

Score wound up 26 to 16 in favour of sisters. No mission cards used as neither us own any so just had ITC primary and secondary objective points.

Was a test game for the upcoming local tourney using ITC rules. It was ...different. the not shooting through ground level of buildings was...weird and didnt make sense in a lot of places.

Fun game either way with a lot of lessons learned.

ITC ruins feel so strange at first, but I have grown to love them, and now dislike playing games without them! Though D cannons in a building more than an inch from the walls where my Pengines cannot get them will always sadden me...

May I ask what you took for secondaries?