Today I Purged...

Beams

I'd like to give you a list, but I'm not entirely sure my opponent's army was legal when I started thinking about it. Either way, here's what I can remember:

Purged:

1 Wolf Lord

1 Rune Priest

1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Terminator Armor

10 Blood Claws

3 Wolf Guard Pack Leaders in Terminator armor

5 Grey hunters

1 Landspeeder Storm

2 Long Fangs (they killed themselves with plasma but a purge is a purge)

5 Wolf Scouts

~30 Skyclaws (don't remember the exact sizes of his squads)

Martyred

19 Battle Sisters

5 Dominions

1 Repressor

5 Death Company

11 Blood Angels Scouts

• 2 weeks later...

In a  glorious battle in the campaign for Vigillus against the perfidious Aeldari of Craftworld Alaitoc I purged:

3x Fire Prisms

3x Wave Serpents

10x Dire Avengers

1x Farseer

Martyred of the Sisters of the Sacred Rose for the Beloved Emperor were:

1x Immolator

1x Seraphim Squad

1x Retributor Squad (Heavy Bolters)

3x Battle Sister Squads

Battle was 2,000 points. Neither player brought any allied detachments.

Hail the Emperor!

Had a knock-down drag-out fight tonight which ended in a 17-17 tie after four turns. I wish we could have gone to turn 5 but the store was closing :(

1500 points, Order of the Sacred Rose vs. Imperial Knights & Tempestus Scions.

Vital Intelligence scenario from CA 2018. The deployment was Search & Destroy and he went first.

I purged:

Seratis Knight Lancer (Spelling may be incorrect) which was his Warlord on turn 1!

Knight Castellan

3 Minimum Tempestus squads with grenade launchers and hotshot lasguns

Both Tempestus leaders

Valkyrie Gunship

I lost:

3 Immolators

2 Seraphim Squads (8 Sisters each)

2 BS Squads (9 Sisters and 5 Sisters)

He could really move his units around and grabbed Objectives. At the end he had 1 Knight Gallant left and it likely would have killed off my Exorcist. Either that or have gone for an Objective. I would have gotten at least one Objective on my turn and also gotten Linebreaker for the win. Still it was a good testament to the resiliency of the Sacred Rose in dealing with a tough army configured for melee. As it was he scored 15 Objective points, First Strike and Linebreaker, and I had 15 Objective points, First Strike and Slay the Warlord. My MVP was my Retributor Squad of 10 models with 4 Multi Meltas and a Simulacrum Imperialis making its rolls for Divine Guidance and then using the Faith & Fury Stratagem.

• 3 weeks later...

Vs filthy genestealer cult.

Purged...

1x Magus

1x character with a banner

2x kellermorph

2x goliath

3x 4 bike and quadbike

1x 10 Abberants

1x sniper biker

1x 20 multi-limbed cultists

2x 10 cultists

1x Ridgerunner

Martyred...

3x Cannoness

1x not celestine

1x 2 geminae

1x preacher

1x hospitaller

1x 5 celestians

5x 5 bss

3 bolter girls

1x 8 seraphim

2x 5 dominion

1x 1 penitent engine

2x exorcists

1x repressor

2x immolator

Overseeing Inquisitor salty and disgusted to see filthy xenophiles infesting city and local pdf; declares exterminatus on planet because screw dealing with that.

Vs Forge World beta ruled Custodians.

Purged...

4 fancy jetbikes

Martyred...

2 Seraphim

1x 9 arco flaggelants

1x 8 repentia

2x preacher

2x 10 bss

5 bolter girls

1 celestian

1x exorcist

1x 2 penitent engine

Yeah that game was ridiculously one sided. A lot of things taken down in wounds but just not going down. Couple characters down to 2 wounds, jetbike squad down to 2 models, couple vehicles down to 5 wounds.

Didnt get to do my half of turn 3 due to time. Reckon i could have gotten some hurt in there if i got my turn. As it was it was a 1 point loss to the girls at where we had to call it.

Heres a pic of a preacher that got charged by a custodes character. Love that size difference.

http://imgur.com/gallery/dwPPPpP

I had expected a game vs Dark Angels today for the Vigilus League but instead wound up against Space Wolves.

1500 points.

Order of the Sacred Rose victory! (24-13)

Purged:

-Character(?) dreadnought

-Unit of Lycans / lycanthropes

-Two units of wolf riders

-Two preists(?) (apostate psychers if you ask me!)

-Three Tactical Squads

-One Devastator Squad

Martyred:

-Two Battle Sister Squads

-Two Immolators

-Stormbolter Dominion Squad

-Two Penitent Engines

Order of the Bloody Rose against Behemoth Tyranids and Cult of the Four-Armed Emperor Genestealer Cult

The game ended at the top of turn three when the Xenos conceded the game, so the list of purging isn't as long as it could be if we played all five to seven turns.

Purged:

Exocrine

Neurothrope

30 Termagants

2 Hive Guard

15 Genestealer

Trygon

15 Acolyte Hybrids

Acolyte Iconward

6 Neohyte Hybrids

Martyred

2 Battle Sisters

7 Retributors

11 Seraphim

3 Dominions

2 Immolators

1 Rhino

5 Arco-flagellants

• 2 months later...

Purged...

1x Ahriman

1x Lord of Change

1x Burning Chariot

1x 3 Flamers of Tzeench

1x Hellbrute

1x 10 Rubric Marines

8x Rubric Marines

2x Screamers

9x pink horrors, + 5x blue horrors, + 4x iddy biddy lil things.

Martyred....

1x Cannoness

1x 5 BSS

11x Sisters

1x Penitent Engine

Edit: forgot about the hellbrute

Edited by Atrus

• 4 weeks later...

Purged...

1x Old One Eye

4x 1 Carnifex

1x Trygon Prime

1x -1 to hit granting Niddy

2x big flame spitting niddies (could fire twice when stationary)

1x big shooty cannon nid

1x4 zoanthropes

30x termagaunts

1x5 ripper swarms (forgot to deepstrike)

Martyred...

Saint Helena (Celestine) (failed 2+ rez; big E needed her elsewhere)

2x Cannoness

4x5 bss

1x10 Seraphim

1x markswoman (vindicare)

1x mistress

1x4 repentia

2x immolator

1x repressor

Was a hard fought and exceptionally close game. By end of turn 6, sisters lead 10-9 with the Nids only having a neurothrope left on the table; sisters still with 3 Exorcists, a Cannoness, 2x1 penitent engines, 1x5 bss and 1x10 bss.

Dice rolls on my part were consistently atrocious across the board. When my 3 exos failed to wound the -1 to hit Niddy at all in first turn, I knew something was up. 8 faith points and 7 fails, saint failed the 2+ rez.

Only one rolled well was my eviscerator Cannoness who carved up 2 carnifexes and 2 zoanthropes and denied several psychic powers and got the only faith test passed to ignore about 5 mortal wounds.

Though if my dice rolled good, it probably wouldn't have been as fun a game as it was.

• 4 weeks later...

I find the apparent lack of purging in this thread here disturbing.

Purged...

14 (or so) kroot

1 Riptide (+2 shield drones)

1x5 pathfinders

2 shield drones by ghostkeel

Martyred...

2x immolators

1x rhino

9x Arco flaggelants

4 Seraphim girls

2 bolter girls

1550pt learning game against a friend's daughters Tau as someone different for her to play against.

She likes iron man and has riptides and a commander and ghostkeel plus smaller stuff.

Game only lasted 2 turns before I had to go due to time constraints.

Was a good game and I took particular enjoyment at the murderous glee in her eye and malicious smile on her face when she started rolling dice and wiping out my arcos...now just to turn that blood lust to the light of the emperor.

Edit: auto correct not a 40k fan

Edited by Atrus

• 3 weeks later...

Purged...

1x Great Unclean One

1x 4 Beasts of Nurgle

7 Plague Marines

Martyred...

1x Cannoness

1x Hereticus Inquisitor

2x 3 Arco flaggelants

1x 4 Arco flaggelants

2x 5 Celestians

2 Celestians

3x Rhino

Game was an experiment. 1000pts, using elements of the new apocalypse system phases with some minor adjustments to try to make it fit in the 40k frame.

Was really interesting and fun to play out and we both really enjoyed our shiny units actually getting a chance to do stuff instead of just being deleted immediately.

Being an experimental game it was just straight up kill points so sisters lost 11-3. Opponents FNP rolls for first 4 turns were absurdly good. Things turned around turn 5 when I learned my inquisitors are nasty in combat against chaos. Once Mykel Dorn got in there with his hammer, those beasts of nurgle started sluffing away pretty quick.

Had a great battle yesterday vs a friends Tyranids.  It was basically Infantry swarm vs Bug Swarm :smile.:

Order of the Bloody Rose vs. Hive Fleet Leviathan

Purged:

3 Units of Genestealers

2 Broodlords

1 Trygon

1 Big Unit of Hormagaunts

1 Big Unit of Termagaunts

1 Hive Guard Unit

Martyred:

1 Canoness (the junior canonness on the field)

1 Ministorum Priest

1 Unit of Celetians (ouch)

2 Units of Battle Sisters (and half of another one)

1 Small unit of Seraphim

1 Unit of Repentia

1 Repressor

Victory for the Bloody Rose, but costly.  A few more victories like this and there won't be any more Bloody Rose on this planet.

Pics:

IMG 4263

Order of the Bloody Rose arrayed for battle.  Canoness Superior Augusta and her Celestian retinue, flanked by Battle Sisters.  Repressor with Melta Doms ready to deal with deep striking Big Bugs if they tunnel in behind the lines.

IMG 4265

The Swarm...hope everyone remembered to pack their extra mags.

IMG 4267

Battle lines start to close.  Some firepower is exchanged; a unit of Genestealers is caught out and eliminated by rapid fire from Celestians who took a ruin.  Hand of the Emperor for 3" more movement quite helpful for getting in range.

IMG 4268

Celestians and Seraphim occupy a ruin.  This flank is going well but it was heavily weighted by Bloody Rose.

IMG 4270

IMG 4274

This flank is not going so well...Battle Sisters here get totally wiped by small arms fire and a Genestealer Charge.  Junior Canoness is wounded beyond her ability to fight by a Broodlord she somewhat recklessly charged.  Repentia wiped the Stealer unit but get gunned down entirely in response.  Well they are Repentia; they are now absolved of sin and the eternity gate will open wide to receive them.

So it's come to the Triarii here; the battle approaches its end with the Golden Celestians holding the center for a turn.  They get destroyed by a Broodlord and gaunt fire but they buy time for the strong flank to wheel around, destroy most of the Bug Menace, and hold the objectives for game end.

Purged...

....3 dire avengers

1x5 rangers

Martyred...

2x Cannoness

3x 5 bss

1x 10 bss

1 bolter sister

1x 10 seraphim

1x 4 repentia

1x mistress of repentance

1x Penitent engine

1x immolator

1x Repressor

1x avenger strike fighter

Seriously...screw eldar

Ha, playing against a new guy I met through a local club which has recently shut down.

He is a much higher calibre player than myself. Former tournament frequenter. He just played a vastly superior game than me. And it was my first time playing against eldar- had no idea what they could do.

The min squad of dark reapers he had took out my avenger in the first turn. I lost a full quarter of my army in his opening shooting phase (he had first turn)

Today I purged: Orks

1 Warboss

1 Weirdboy

30 boyz

5 Nobz

1 Trukk

I martyred:

1 Canoness

1 Mistress

10 Battle Sisters

6 Repentia

1 Immolator

It was a small game against a relatively new player. I all but tabled him but he is getting much better, in points it was close, 7-5 in the Sisters' favor. It was also the first game I used the new plastic Superior and she got her first kill, an ork boy!

Purged...

1x Great Unclean One

4 Plague marines (1 killed by automated defence turrets)

Martyred...

1x Avenger Strike Fighter.

1x 7 Seraphim (intercepted in the sky probably by plague drones and fighting off camera...forgot to bring them in from deepstrike)

Small game only 1000pts. Game ended end of turn 3 as my opponent had to leave.

Super fun game, things were taking a beating everywhere but not quite getting finished off. When we called it, I had 2 immolators both down to 1 wound and a Repressor down to 5. He had a hellbrute on 2 wounds and a plague...forget the name, but it was down to about 4 wounds.

We again used our hybrid 40k/apoc rules and had an absolute blast.

• 1 month later...

Purged...

1x Avatar of Khaine

1x Asuryman

1x5 wraithguard

1x wraith Lord

2x 6 dire avengers

1x6 fire dragons

1x6 swooping hawks

2x fire prisms

Martyred...

1x Celestine

1x2 Geminae

1x8 Seraphim

6x Arco flaggelants

7x repentia

6x bolter sisters

1x penitent engine

Edited by Atrus

• 5 weeks later...

So played one of the Vigilus missions where the attacker is 12" away from the defender who need to hold the gate... 1st turn reinforcements allowed!.... Chaos was attacking a pure AS (I had priests!) list

Purged

3 x 10 man chaos squads with icon, 2 specials weapons & champions each

8 out of 10 noise marines

1 rhino (out of 3)

lord of discord

mauler fiend with tendralils

shooty mauler fiend

dark apostle

2 x oblits

warpsmith

1/2 helath of the chaos warlord

Martred

1 x missionary

3 x 10 BSS girls

6 x arcos

9 x repentia

6 x domionions (from 2 6 girl squads - one had two left the other 4...and 4 of those casualties where when a rhino blew up last turn)

1  x PEngine

2 x Seraphim (1 from the rhino that killed several domis) out of a unit of 5 & one of 6

battered but not yet dead

1 x Pengine (1 wound remaining)

1 x Mistress (1 wound remaining)

Jacub

1/2 health immolator

Untouched

2 x exorcists

1 x immolator

2 x canoness

1 x diaogolus

1 x 10 girl retributor squad with 4/ heavy bolters & Imag

unit of the match... PEngines for killing the mauler fiend & lord of discord then finishing off the dark apostel  and a couple of other models.... IR the arcos for ther T1 charge that gutted two units of chaos marines

• 2 months later...

Been a while since we've seen this...

Purged...

1x Great Unclean One

1x Giant snail that heals stuff

1x 10 plague zombies

8 Plague zombies

5 Plague bearers

1x hellbrute

1x fast attack nurgle machine with multimelta

2x plague burst crawlers

Martyred...

1x Cannoness

0.5 x Hospitaller (divine intervention)

1x imagifier

1x 7 repentia

2x immolator

8 Arco flaggelants

4 Seraphim

1x penitent engine

1x 5 bss

Close game. No CP by end of turn 4 where we called it.

Had plenty MD by end of game, didn't really use them much as I got myself in melta range a lot and didn't see much point in using them in those cases. Did use my first one of the game which was a 6 to try to dent a crawler but opponents FNP roll diminished the effect. Used one for imagifier to throw krak grenade in overwatch but failed to wound (got charged by typhus on his last wound).

Repentia and relic chainsword Cannoness took out the GUO in a single round, had to use the 2cp strike twice strat for the repentia but it worked out.

Beneficence Cannoness with Righteous Rage was an absolute blender until she finally went down (out of CP to bring her back and forgot to heal her with nearby Hospitaller which was what meant her demise).

My Exorcists were hot and cold. They have never liked d3 die and on more than one occasion they were only rolling 4 shots.

Ended up rolling for Rites.

Got the one that lets you shoot/fight again on a 5+ when a model goes down. Did nothing for me as I either forgot to do it or failed to hit.

Divine Guidance was the other but didn't really come into play with my opponents invo saves everywhere.

Fun game. Close game.

• 2 weeks later...

From dark places, the forces of chaos sought to invade and over run an imperial world isolated within the dark imperium. Fortunately, the emperor's inquisition hunts within the darkness to undo the enemy's plans.

While the inquisition could not prevent a dark ritual from opening warp rift; it's quick requisition of the trusted arms of the Hereticus ordos- the Adepta Sororitas, the planetary knight household and the highly trained markswomen (assassins), a greater calamity was to be opposed.

A narrative game; 4000pts of Sisters, Knight, Inquisitors and assassins, vs 5000+pts of Chaos Daemons, deathguard, thousand sons, world eaters and emperor's children and the warmaster himself- yabbadabba Abbadon.

Table set up: dining. Terrain: good quality poorhammer (surprisingly a lot of los blocking- don't underestimate the power of children's beach sand castle molds).

Deployment: hammer and anvil. Very long dining table. 2 solid turns of advancing.

Purged...

Great Unclean One

Lord of Change

Bloodthirster

Keeper of Secrets? (The slaanesh greater daemon)

Abandon the armless (genuine old metal model)

Ahriman

Khârn the Betrayer

Lucius the Eternal

Typhus (seriously, screw this guy)

2x 7 noise marines

1x 10 khorne berzerkers

2x 10 pox walkers

1x 10 plague marines

1x3 fiends of slaanesh

1x6 slaanesh seekers

1x Slaanesh Chariot (not sure if exalted)

2x khorne skull cannons

4x hellbrute (DG, 1k sons, EC and WE)

1 devestator? 1k sons marine

1x3 flamers of tzeench

4 blue horrors

1x 5 khorne hounds

1x6 blood crushers

1x Maulerfiend

Martyred...

2x Cannoness

2x5 bss

3 bolter girls

2x immolators

1x Repressor

1x Exorcist

2x 6 Arco flaggelants

2x1 Anchorites

8 repentia

1x7 zephyrim

8 Seraphim

1x Knight Errant

1x Inquisitor

1x Avenger Strike Fighter

1x6 crusaders

1x Imagifier

1x Priest

6 Celestians

The battle was long (5 turns) and fierce. The each enemy came in overwhelming numbers. Commanders decided that to stem the tide, the head must be cut from the snake and the sorcerous despatched to collapse the rift.

By battles end (aka after 6 hours of gaming, I had to go home) the enemies commanders were taken out of action (thank the emperor for vindicares). Leaderless, despite a heavily battered and collapsing front line with elements beginning to work towards the rear line heavy support; the remaining leaderless forces withdrew back through the rift the 2 remaining 1k sons squads sorcerors closing it behind before the remaining Exorcists could bring a violent end to their sorcerous ways.

Pyrric Victory for the sisters. Total victory for me and buddy opponent because it was a great game.

Exorcists shone as always, bringing down the big nasties before they had a chance to lay into the main force.

The knight was an excellent bullet magnet and laid it's own heavy hits where it counted.

Flamer dominions wiped a squad of pox walkers in one go.

Mortifiers/Anchorites for me were....ehhhh. the higher save is nice and so is the movement, but no zealot reroll actually makes them not worth taking for me as I roll below average and need the zealot reroll that the Pengines have.

I used the Ebon Chalice Conviction. The 5+++ save vs MW saved quite a number of wounds and models- not just from smites but from explosions too.

Unfortunately, I was rolling garbage for my MD all game- so many 1s and 2s. Double unfortunately...I forgot I could discard an MD to auto 6 another. That would have been so helpful so many times if I hadn't forgotten. I chalk this up to just a big game and lost track of the many things going on.

Edited by Atrus

On Friday purged:

2 squads rubric marines

20 horrors

2x daemon prince

2x contemptor dreads

ahriman

scarab occult terminators

sorcerer

Martyred...not much actually:

2x 5 BSS

Immolator

Exorcist

5 Seraphim

ITC Champions Mission #1, he really struggled to harm my exorcist blob and after dealing with his range the ladies just took him apart.  Also the first time running Blade of Admonition and the super fighty warlord trait (re-roll charges and wound rolls?) on my front line cannoness.  She does fun things.

Saturday purged:

3x 10 tactical marines

dreadnought

land raider

vanguard vets

chaplain

predator

devestators

lieutenant

rhino

Martyred:

8 Repentia

Repentia Superior

Exorcist

Immolator

5 BSS

5 Seraphim

Chap Approved 2019 Eternal War Scorched Earth, first time using the repentia.  Again he struggled to deal with the exorcists and after taking apart his long range it was basically just mop up.  Big winners were the exos, repentia, and all 3 squads of seraphim.  Good miracle dice with d6 damage weapons are tasty.

• 3 weeks later...

Besieged by the forces of chaos; the sisters of squad redheads and squad white heads held a desperate defence of a critical building as they awaited their relief force...

Purged...

1x1 Chaos Lord

1x3 chaos bikers

2x1 chaos spawn

1x1 Chaos vindicator

2x 20 chaos cultists

Martyred...

5 bolter girls

1 melta girl

1 heavy flamer girl

1 repentia

3 Seraphim

Outnumbered 2:1 the faithful sister squads weathered the traitors fire and saw their relief force stride in and with bolter, flamer and melta, wipe out the enemy's vile forces.

500pt 2018 narrative cities of death game vs chaos.

Lots of fun. I was really worried at start when my opponent had his whole force on the field and I only had two small squad in a ruin waiting for reserves to come in. Honestly though I wasn't going to make it to turn 2 but the cities of death terrain rules really flesh things out nicely.

We decided to to use the battle honours experience for these small games, so after gMe i found out that squad redheads earned enough exp to gain a rank 1 battle honour yet to be determined. And while characters dont benefit from it, because we're doing generic hqs with no warlord traits or relics, we're going to do the same exp for the hq characters but have them choose off the custome character tables when they 'level up'.

While civilians evacuate, the sisters must hold their line against a daemonic assault. If the enemy breaks through, they are sure to slaughter the civilians.

Purged...

1x 1 skulltaker

2x15 bloodletters

1x3 juggernaughts

2x1 skull cannons

Martyred...

1x5 Seraphim

2x7 BSS

1x4 repentia

1 penitent engine

Another 500pt narrative game. Finally faced something not Nurgle- refreshing but by golly did i learn khorne hit hard. Penitent engines carried me through this game so much so they earned enough experience to get 2 battle honours.

Very close game that came down to my last Pengine fighting a skull cannon both on their last wound and my Cannoness getting off a miraculous overheated plasma shot in combat to plonk off the last 2 wounds of the skull cannon she faced while on her own last wound.

• 4 weeks later...

Purged...

2x 10 bloodletter

1x 1 chaos spawn

2x blood crushers

Martyred...

1x 1 Cannoness

2x 7 BSS

1x 5 Seraphim

1x 2 penitent engine

1x 4 repentia

500pt narrative game vs khorne daemons.

There is a fan made mission for Mordheim called "Pesky Portals" which I adapted for 40k (If interested in it PM me and I'll send you the adaptation).

Sisters got absolutely whalloped but the game was crazy fun.

Afterwards, I managed to have a squad rank up to their first battle honour and my opponent managed to get a rank up on one of his units and get a rank up on his hq- he then rolled really lucky on the custom character ability table and scored an ability that protects his hq from overwatch.

Edited by Atrus