As most of you know by now, Photobucket has decided to block the picture of its users if they don't pay the ridiculous ransom of 400$/month. I should be happy they did this when I'm fairly new with my Consecrators, so I can do the rest of my log with the B&C-Gallery without losing too much progress. I won't bother to salvage my log about my Green Dark Angels, that one is lost forever. Good thing I'm not that proud about those models. So here are the models that are currently finished. Further project will surely follow.

Tactical Squad with Plasma

gallery_92826_13399_290664.jpg

Tactical Squad with Melta

gallery_92826_13399_9888.jpg

Tactical Squad with Flamer

gallery_92826_13399_185088.jpg

Cataphractii Terminator with Lightning Claws

gallery_92826_13399_173280.jpg

Contemptor Dreadnought

gallery_92826_13399_90250.jpg

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought

gallery_92826_13391_238965.jpg

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

A nice force there. My faves gotta be the leviathan, still gotta get around to grabbing one of them. A lot of mk4, will you be using newer (or older) Mks for the characters?

[EDIT] Probably will start a new log myself as well since that photobucket thing has affected me too, only pics I have on Flickr are the new group shots of my consecrators for the armoury of successors thread but since I am going back to clean painting I think I will do the same when I get around to having something worth posting.

Edited by Dark Rage

On 7/4/2017 at 5:01 PM, Dark Rage said:

A nice force there. My faves gotta be the leviathan, still gotta get around to grabbing one of them. A lot of mk4, will you be using newer (or older) Mks for the characters?

[EDIT] Probably will start a new log myself as well since that photobucket thing has affected me too, only pics I have on Flickr are the new group shots of my consecrators for the armoury of successors thread but since I am going back to clean painting I think I will do the same when I get around to having something worth posting.

That Leviathan is the best thing I ever had my hands on. It will probably be my favorite unit for the rest of my gamingcareer. I can't thank jbaeza enough for that one. The character are still undecided. I have build a couple with kitbashes, but I wasn't happy enough to actually use them ingame. I'll probably go a similar route like with my new command squad, which is true-scaling marines or pimping up some Primaris boys. I've got some Mk3 dev's coming in, but it will take some time before I start painting those.

I was pleasantly suprised with the damage to the Armoury, I was the only one that had broken links, which were fixed easily enough. I'm looking forward to more pictures of your marines, your log was the reason I changed from greenwing to Consecrators, so I need to see those awesome units to keep my faith in the Chapter strong :biggrin.:

On 7/4/2017 at 5:14 PM, jbaeza94 said:

cant wait to see your new stuff GRC

Ask and thou shall recieve.

I have a Command Squad in the works for DF's challenge. This is my first effort in true-scaling something, and I think I did an okay job. They are armed with Grav, which isn't that effective in 8th anymore. But I spend too much time and money to rip them all off again. I'll make do with Grav or I'll proxy them as plasma. My opponents won't mind too much. 

gallery_92826_13417_71990.jpg

'Finished' the squad for now. Their pads still need some work, but that will be after an expensive order from shapeways I can't afford right now. I don't think I'll attempt true-scaling again, too much hassle.

gallery_92826_13417_37581.jpggallery_92826_13417_44689.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't anticipate they would be liked that much. I'll post some decent pictures when I find that last shoulderpad, since most detail is washed out with the lighting.

Thanks for the comments guys! It made my day :biggrin.:

Do you freehand your check patterns? I may have asked in your old thread, but can't remember

Yes, they are freehand. You'll notice the irregular squares if you look closely :laugh.: I'm becoming quite fond of the checkers, I think I'll include them in more of my larger models. The contemptor could use some love.

Awesome! I'm quite envious of those checks, you've really pulled them off. You need to look pretty close to see the irregularities.

And yes, you should be very proud of that army, its fantastic!

Time for a new project! Well, old project actually, but I finally started working on it after being assembled for a year now. I'm painting my Land Raider Crusader in Consecrator black, but I need some advice about what to paint. I want to add some iconography and checkers, but I have no idea where they would look good. Suggestions on what to paint and where are greatly appreciated. Ideally I would like something on the front upper hatch, on top of the armour (both sides) and on the left panel of the rear engine, I just don't know what.

gallery_92826_13417_109415.jpggallery_92826_13417_180582.jpg

Now for something else. A while back I showed you guys a model I was going to use as something Techmarine-y with a bolter and axe, but your good advice stopped me from going through with it. I started gathering dust until Shadow War came out. I started building and painting a small force of Scions to use, and the model got repurposed as an Enginseer for my team (close enough to my initial idea). Should you be interested, you can find my squad of Scions in this thread. Underneath the spoiler you can see the model I was planning on using (with a different loadout though).

gallery_92826_13417_6399.jpg

Bad idea, thanks again for stopping me from messing up such a classic miniature. This is how he looks right now:

gallery_92826_13460_145728.jpg

On 7/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, Greenz said:

Awesome! I'm quite envious of those checks, you've really pulled them off. You need to look pretty close to see the irregularities.

And yes, you should be very proud of that army, its fantastic!

Thanks! I am proud of my guys, I even considered selling my Greenwing for a while, but I just know I'll regret it later on.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from a very hot vacation, so time to get started! I looked at the Raider, and lacked any motivation to work on it further. So instead, let's start 4 completely different projects!

I'm participating in August's challenge in the Forge, and I vowed this Chaplain and TDA Captain. One was enough, but I'm vowing both so I can't keep slacking with these guys. the Chaplain has been gathering dust since the release of B@C

gallery_92826_13417_65339.jpg

The following devastators have been postponed as well for quite a while. A shame really, since I've been looking forward to paint them for a while now. The FW-kits are a pain in the butt to assemble, but you can't deny that they look damn sexy.

gallery_92826_13417_39937.jpg

And lastly I must shamefully admit that I gave in to the new marines. I saw a cheap box and book with free marine that I couldn't resist. Let's see If I stay motived enough to actually get them painted.

gallery_92826_13417_71022.jpg

I totally missed the land raider update, looks good, like the extra red bits on the internal armour panels, I tend to stick to stripes but those look nice too.

Looking forward to those two characters for your vow, look like a nice use of bits. Been meaning to get some of those underslung rocket launchers myself they do look really cool, but at the moment primaris seem to be my main focus, feel bad for the little guys.

35578253493_ab79534ac1_n.jpg

Those primaris marines have this odd habit of actually becoming quite fun to paint, despite the fact they are infantry, which tends to be my weakest link.

Edited by Dark Rage

Good luck with your vow. I'm looking forward to seeing them done, I have no doubt they will be a worthy addition to your lovely consecrators. The Dev's with their FW bling launchers are nice too. I sympathise with you on the raider, I find tanks a real grind, I'd much rather be painting infantry or bikes...

D.R. Is right the primaris are surprisingly fun to paint, oh and that picture made me smile, a lot.

My vow has been changed to just the Chaplain.... I was looking forward to paint the Captain, but I noticed that I'm missing a piece of his right leg. I contacted the shop I got it from, but I fear that cheap recasters won't help me out.

I totally missed the land raider update, looks good, like the extra red bits on the internal armour panels, I tend to stick to stripes but those look nice too.

Looking forward to those two characters for your vow, look like a nice use of bits. Been meaning to get some of those underslung rocket launchers myself they do look really cool, but at the moment primaris seem to be my main focus, feel bad for the little guys.

*snip*

Those primaris marines have this odd habit of actually becoming quite fun to paint, despite the fact they are infantry, which tends to be my weakest link.

The red panels were a bit of gamble, I hope it pays of in the end. I'll add more stripes later on if the black is too overpowering.

It's good to hear that the Primaris are fun to paint. I kinda hated them for coming out right after building and painting my own true-scalers. Luckily they are the same height, so they shouldn't feel too inferior =P

So should we expect more marines from your end? Looking forward to those!

(I wish I could like that post twice for that picture)

Good luck with your vow. I'm looking forward to seeing them done, I have no doubt they will be a worthy addition to your lovely consecrators. The Dev's with their FW bling launchers are nice too. I sympathise with you on the raider, I find tanks a real grind, I'd much rather be painting infantry or bikes...
D.R. Is right the primaris are surprisingly fun to paint, oh and that picture made me smile, a lot.

Thanks for the support! I share your feeling on armour, even Rhino's tend to take more time than they should. More of an infantry guy myself (even though I burned through that love a bit !)

Here's my latest work:

gallery_92826_13417_145036.jpg

Nah, just kidding. This is an old piece I bought of Ebay. It's a complete trainwreck. Dettol, a crapload of cutting, plasticard, milliput,.... everything in my arsenal will be required to restore this thing. But regardless, it will be a nice addition to the Consecrators if I should succeed. It will be my first Predator too!

On 8/9/2017 at 3:42 PM, Komodo said:

I like your style, very neat and clean.

Thank you! The clean style is usually the thing people don't like.

Finished the Chaplain. He came it better than I expected.
gallery_92826_13391_118009.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_193984.jpggallery_92826_13417_124554.jpg

And I did some work on the predator. This thing is a complete trainwreck. I managed to salvage this from the blobs of superglue. The dozerblade didn't survive the cleanup. Now I need to find a second sponson with a Heavy bolter, since the genius who constructed it used a HB on its right sponson and a LC on its left one. He glued a heavy flamer on the front hatch as well for some reason. A new barrel for the main turret might be a good idea too, sugestions are welcome.

gallery_92826_13417_141166.jpg

And this is half of all the useless crap I scraped off the tank. It looked like he glued his whole bitsbox on it.

gallery_92826_13417_179799.jpg

And the bad news is that I have more lost causes like these coming in... I've been too confident in my own skills...

I agree with DR on the Chap :biggrin.:

But man, the Pred really looks a bit "used up"... :whistling:
My best bet for getting a new sponson would be the bay... guess I saw somone who is selling one
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Warhammer-40k-Space-Marines-Predator-Sponson-Parts-/362053279731?hash=item544c0e9ff3:g:AbMAAOSwEFZZe7HM
Good luck with your "projekt" and keep going with your Consecrators, cause they do look amazing :happy.:

Edited by Zepyrous

Hi GRC,

Loving your Consecrators so far - your command squad especially looks ace.

*snip*

The following devastators have been postponed as well for quite a while. A shame really, since I've been looking forward to paint them for a while now. The FW-kits are a pain in the butt to assemble, but you can't deny that they look damn sexy.

gallery_92826_13417_39937.jpg

Re: your FW devastators - in what way are they a pain to assemble? I've got plans to do the same thing with my BoP models (except I will be going for the sweet underslung lascannons and plasma cannons) - what am I getting myself into? And do you have any tips to make life easier?

Chaplain looks really nice. Always been a big fan of the older miniatures and I look forward to seeing that Rhino painted up in Consecrator colours.

Don't hold your breath for that one, my Landraider is WIP for a year already, this wreck probably wont be much faster :biggrin.:

I agree with DR on the Chap :biggrin.:

But man, the Pred really looks a bit "used up"... :whistling:

My best bet for getting a new sponson would be the bay... guess I saw somone who is selling one

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Warhammer-40k-Space-Marines-Predator-Sponson-Parts-/362053279731?hash=item544c0e9ff3:g:AbMAAOSwEFZZe7HM

Good luck with your "projekt" and keep going with your Consecrators, cause they do look amazing :happy.:

Wow man, that was just the bit I needed! Thanks!

Re: your FW devastators - in what way are they a pain to assemble? I've got plans to do the same thing with my BoP models (except I will be going for the sweet underslung lascannons and plasma cannons) - what am I getting myself into? And do you have any tips to make life easier?

Thanks for the kind words.

Concerning the underslung weapons:

- The Mk3 arms have larger vambraces than regular marines, so you have to trim off a large portion from the lower fore arm.

- Attaching resin to plastic isn't a joyfull union.

- The weapons are really heavy, so if you're like me and blue-tac arms to make painting easier, you'll have a bad time.

- You need to consider the poses in advance, since you won't have much choice because of the bulky guns. They need to have pretty straight backs as well, since the magazine practically drags in the ground.

Edit: The last point isn't relevant to you. The plasmacannons don't have the huge magazines on hte bottom. I don't envy the fiddling with the cables though.

Edited by GreyRavenC