Good luck with Predator. I had experience like this, managed to salvage old school rhino and whirlwind, but mine were in much better condition. I suggest to change the bars from plastic to metal, plastic is too flimsy there. You can cut old autocannon nozzle and replace it with new one. Sponson part is the trickiest, it will be hard to find it individually, I can suggest you find a pair HB sponsons and just replace both of them, or you can make a greenstuff mold and copy it.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing finished just yet.

- The Raider is almost finished, just some hatches, plates and a final highlight left (which will take months of delay).

- The devastators have some progress, 2 guys are more or less painted up.

- The predator is finally soaking in dettol. It took me a while to get a proper sized container. The sponsons and turret are clean though, and the random lascannon has been replaced.

So nothing new, but I have some olds stuff. Some reaaaally old stuff. So many relics to Consecrate...

gallery_92826_13417_111955.jpggallery_92826_13417_65669.jpggallery_92826_13417_108997.jpg

On 8/17/2017 at 10:44 AM, Komodo said:

Good luck with Predator. I had experience like this, managed to salvage old school rhino and whirlwind, but mine were in much better condition. I suggest to change the bars from plastic to metal, plastic is too flimsy there. You can cut old autocannon nozzle and replace it with new one. Sponson part is the trickiest, it will be hard to find it individually, I can suggest you find a pair HB sponsons and just replace both of them, or you can make a greenstuff mold and copy it.

Noted. Some reinforcement to the rear wouldn't be a bad idea.

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

Aww, I was trying a few years back to get one of those out of production venerables, such a cool looking model, remember seeing a very old conversion on the games workshop site of it being made into a ravenwing venerable, which I never they could have.

Always a big fan of the older stuff.

I gotta start making some progress too I think..

Aww, I was trying a few years back to get one of those out of production venerables, such a cool looking model, remember seeing a very old conversion on the games workshop site of it being made into a ravenwing venerable, which I never they could have.

They are hard to find alright. I've been looking for months since I found out of their existence, I finally managed to nab one for a 'decent' price. I'm amazed at the detail some of this older stuff actually has.

If you're still looking for one, ebay has a few listings if you search for 'metal venerable dreadnought'. Not healthy for the wallet though, you could buy 2 plastic ones for the same price.

EDIT: Oh, and check the kneepads. Most models for sale have at least one missing. 

Edited by GreyRavenC

• 1 month later...

That dread is a nice acquisition to the force. A friend of mine had one, I thought back in the day "so heavy, never gonna buy that one"... oh boy I was wrong, when I checked ebay for one of those I was surprised with the prices. I'm a tad bit jealous. :) Looking forward to see it painted.

As Dark Rage mentioned, ravenwing venerable dreadnought on GW site back in the day was awesome. Bishop's conversions of deathwing termies was one of the things that inspired me to start collecting Dark Angels, I even made the same banner from empire bit with skeleton in robe. 

Slow updates, but I've been busy. I had some annoying surgery, finished some lizardmen cavalry, finished all my terrain, worked a bit on the predator and bought a very shiny GW-kit. What was i planning on doing? Finishing the near-complete dev's and landraider. Have I done just that? No. They've been begging for months now for their final lick of paint, but I can't seem to find my willpower to actually finish them. Hopefully they'll be done by tomorrow. The LR just needs his gunner and he's done, but the MM that just keeps snapping of is a :censored: pain in the :censored: :censored: . So here's my attempt to get that damn weapon on the gunner.

gallery_92826_13417_165381.jpg

On 9/4/2017 at 10:33 PM, Lostrael said:

This blue guy. I just had the thought in mind of him rushing a castle and someone dumped a bucket of paint from the battlements. :biggrin.:

He got traumatised from the experience. He just stand there, axe broken, gaze to the infinite, blue paint running inside his underpants.

It's been a productive day! Here's my first try at a Primaris marine, this freebie was actually fun to paint. I didn't like the Primaris when they announced them, but man, they do look intimidating. My Dev's look like children alongside this dude. I might flesh this guy out with a 5-man squad in the near far future.

gallery_92826_13391_142514.jpg

I wish I could warm a little more to the fluff behind the primaris, the minis are fantastic and really rather nice to paint. Top work as ever on the Devs with their low sling tuna fishes☺ And I do like your intercessor he actually fits in really nicly with the consecrators aesthetic.

I'm on a spree! I finally managed to finish the stuff I was working on for over a year now. I'll need to look for some Consecrator-transfers, since the pads from shapeways haven't been that great lately.

gallery_92826_13391_73439.jpg

The gunner could use some trigger discipline, one pothole and he slags his own men/vehicle.

gallery_92826_13391_254196.jpg

On 10/25/2017 at 6:46 PM, Punk possum said:

I wish I could warm a little more to the fluff behind the primaris, the minis are fantastic and really rather nice to paint. Top work as ever on the Devs with their low sling tuna fishes☺ And I do like your intercessor he actually fits in really nicly with the consecrators aesthetic.

Same issue here, the models are great, but all the rest seems lacking. There were better ways to introduce a new Mark of armour. Nevertheless, true-scale marines out of the box if pretty sweet. 

On 10/25/2017 at 10:20 PM, Dark Rage said:

Iron armour belongs to devastators.

So very true. Those Heresy boardgames were a godsend!

I bet that Mk3 assault squads on foot with chainswords/shields would look epic! That will need some experimentation.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, TheWeepingAngel said:

Great work GRC, those devs look brutal

Thanks!

Finished another HB-dev to round out the guys I already had. I recycled the sarge, since I have no extra yet.

gallery_92826_13391_208722.jpg

I managed to clean these big guys up enough to attempt priming then, let's see if I manage to this year.

gallery_92826_13417_19696.jpggallery_92826_13417_96186.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll manage. Why so pessimistic? Well, buying new shiny stuff is easier than clearing backlog...

gallery_92826_13417_149721.jpg

On 10/27/2017 at 10:33 PM, Greenz said:

Terrific work as always GRC! Wicked Raider, and I’m loving your improvised multi- melta, especially how he’s rocking a power fist to assist.

Thank you, I'm glad that you figured out the purpose of the Powerfist! I wasn't sure if my intentions would be obvious.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:29 AM, Chmur said:

Stellar work GRC! Agree on the trigger discipline, but what gets me is that he has the gun sideways!

https://youtu.be/ZDYC7d4FuCM

Chapter doctrine states that heretics should be melted gangsta-style. One barrel for each eye.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 10:44 PM, Interrogator Stobz said:

Very cool work as usual GRC

I love the FW HBs, keep avoiding the Primaris, FW is cooler and makes more sense fluffwise

Thanks Stobz, the HB's are actually plastic. Glorious plastic :drool:

I'm more or less finished with my infantry. I have 3 guys in the works to replace the HB's in the squads and I have 4 primaris left to join the one guy. I'll take a break of infantry from that point on. The Predators still need some work before their first coat and the Dreadnought is ready to get sprayed. My cabinet was getting a bit crowded though, so I made the tough choice to retire my Greenwing in favour of my men in black and my SW:A/Necromunda killteams. I ditched them in a case and probably won't see the light of day until I need some extra bodies. A couple of squads/models I'm particularly proud of are still in the cabinet though.

I have an additional project going on as well, of which I just finished sculpting the base. Major Gilbear, thank you for introducing me to Milliput. That stuff is damn awesome

gallery_92826_13417_36622.jpg

That looks huge

and you sculpted this :eek:

Partially, I have a rollingpin with the basic texture, but I had to work on the edges of every single stone afterwards since the milliput wasn't cooperating on such a large surface. I missed a couple of spots though...  :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, Dark Rage said:

Is that a knights feet I see?

What? An Imperial Knight would be a terrible idea. That's way too expensive and already have an army's worth of unfinished model that still need to be painted. Starting on a Knight now would be the most irresponsible option I could take. It's the base of a Sentinal I was working on:

gallery_92826_13417_11773.jpg

• 3 months later...

Time for some updated! I haven't worked on my Marines for a while, since working on my Necromundian gang and terrain took alot of time. I'm almost done with those, so I decided to finish some project that had been collecting dust. Sorry Stobz, but there won't be much that you'll enjoy in here.

First up, Primaris! I painted the freebie and the 3-man little box to get a feel of the range. I'm sold man, these guys are awesome. I didn't like them when the released, but they've grown on me. When I'm done with all the unpainted stuff on my desk, I'll flesh these guys out with an additional 11 marines, since you all know how much I like footsloggers.

gallery_92826_13391_65062.jpg

But even footsloggers need some wheels tracks. Just don't expect them too soon, I still have so much to paint before I even open these boxes. The green ones I have right now while have to suffice for now. (The white FW-boxes are Deimos Rhino's)

gallery_92826_13417_7304.jpg

The Chapter hasn't recieved many Primaris-reinforcements yet, but that isn't too much of an issue. What we lack in numbers, we make up for with firepower. Here's a freeblade that allied himself with the Chapter for the time being. Still work in progress, but he's nearing completion! 

gallery_92826_13391_150126.jpg

Primaris Consecrators look awesome I think. I been considering also getting a knight for my force, but keep telling myself to throw paint on my infantry before starting any other projects.

It's because of your marines that I tried painting a couple myself, I shamelessly stole the idea of the white aquila on the chest :sweat: