+++I didn't notice the Arch Heretic whilst on my hand held pictorial collector earlier; I will atone in the pain glove upon arrival back at the Rock. You Brother Sneaky may join me for some therapeutic readjustment and hypnotherapy to help you forget the whole episode. Welcome to the Dark Side+++

On 3/13/2018 at 9:49 PM, Interrogator Stobz said:

Boo Primaris

I did warn you :biggrin.:

On 3/14/2018 at 8:03 AM, sneakybamsen said:

Primaris with Cypher? Off to Cell 42 for purging!

I'll come along, if you get past this guy:

gallery_92826_13417_142421.jpg

Small update, he's almost done. Just working on his shoulderplates, banner and tilting shield replacement. I might add a little scene on the base as well, maybe a traitor checkpoint that gets overrun.

Then more work on a dreadnought!

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

Oh come on GRC, I haven’t been in the DA forum for a while, and now I see you pumping out some stellar Primaris? Between you and the likes of Spaced Hulk, you’re tempting me with this line. And I don’t need any more projects!

But seriously, they look awesome. And fantastic work on that knight!

• 3 months later...

Oompf, yet again a gap of three months. So after moving house, a busy job and a pelgrimage to Nottingham, I've finally found the time to update my own log. So let's get on with it. I've retired the Knight for a while until after the ETL. It's just a couple of finishing touches, but it's pointless to continue now. I've worked on more infantry instead.

Here are the Tartaros terminators to reinforce the Cathapractii with claws I finished earlier.

gallery_92826_13391_3358.jpg

And a Captain to lead them into battle. A mishmash of different kits.

gallery_92826_13391_119076.jpg
gallery_92826_13391_23717.jpg

And some loot I managed to find in Nottingham. I had to show quite some restraint in there.

gallery_92826_13962_229811.jpg

EDIT: Thanks for the kind words Greenz. Start working on your Primaris AoA :biggrin.:

Edited by GreyRavenC

Hahaha leave it you to call me out in your thread!

I’ve actually just finished building and GSing my company master for my 5th... and he’s a primaris! I’ve got a few intersectors and hellblasters built, but currently I’m swapping out the box mags on the inceptors and making my own belt feeds. Those box mags wouldn’t last 30 seconds in a firefight :D

But back to your thrash. Those Tartaros are just spectacular! I really like the bone helmets, excellent choice, it really makes them stand out. You might be he king of checker patterns too! Awesome job GRC!

Believe it or not, but those boxmags should hold 60 to 150 rounds! The 200-rounder with 5.56 I carried around during my service was as large as the sculpted magazine, no Idea how you can fit 150 .50 rounds in there.

A GS'ed Primaris, now that sparks my attention. Tell me you downscaled them!

The bone helmets on the trashbags are actually one of the few bits of background there is for the Consecrators. Good thing too, since it breaks up the black a bit.

Ohh you were an LSW opo you have my sympathy. I just had an L85A1 with 30 round mag to lug around...

Still on to much more relevant toy soldier stuff. Love the Tartatos dudes they really suit your super clean paint style and oh my those checks, nice!  The Master is a nice and subtle kitbash.

I love my Warhammer world Command tanks and am now looking forward to seeing yours (also the decal sheet that comes with them is super super nice just in case you haven't looked yet). 

P.S. if you never played rogue trader prepare for your mind to be boggled at how random and complex it is. Even if old farts like me wax lyrical about it...    

Two years of GPMG use teaches you about all the ammo 40k minis are NOT carrying.

LSWs were a nice light noise maker and carrying 600-1k was more than doable, I think bolter ammo must shrink when it’s put into magazines...

...maybe ammo servitors are hiding everywhere :P

RT is crazy, enjoy the mindwarp

So many people on this forum with experience with an LMG, I warms my heart :biggrin.:  I had the M249 most of the time, because I was the smallest dude in my unit so I wouldn't take as much of the sergeants space in front of the truck. It made me love my FNC so much more when I got it back. 

The extra ammo that the Primaris carry makes me like them that much more, the old marines with the occasional pouch seemed too lightly equiped for supersoldiers. The pretty much had the one mag in their bolter.

I went through the fluff of RT, it's pretty crazy to see how much has changed compared to the lore now. The Primarchs weren't even a thing. I gave up on the rules early on, I couldn't make much sense out of it. the artwork and model showcases are really nice though.

@ PunkPossum: The decals were a nice suprise. I wish you could get those seperate. Even the SW transfers were pretty awesome.

Another update? Ragnorak must be upon us, or the ETL is fullfilling its purpose quite nicely.

Finished another Combat squad, I have one more coming up to round out my infantry to 15 men, or 3 combat squads.

gallery_92826_13391_121206.jpg

And I finished up an Lt. Just had to pick up the only DA-specific Primaris on the market. DarkRage, thanks for the shoulderpads man, they really helped me out with my dilemma about what I was gonna place on his shoulder.

gallery_92826_13391_3875.jpggallery_92826_13391_154043.jpg

And I based my True-scale command squad from the previous edition. They're pretty worthless now, but at least they'll make a pretty display in the cabinet.

gallery_92826_13391_82160.jpg

On 6/24/2018 at 6:18 PM, zacret said:

amazing army! Also im in love with that mishmash of different kits captain! Would you mind telling which kits does parts are from? :smile.:

Thanks for the comment! Regarding the bits:

- Legs and front torso from Deathwing Knights

- Back torso and arms from the LE Space Marine Terminator Captain (the prices for these are insane, mine was a cheap recast that made me do this kitbash)

- Combi-bolter from Cataphractii Terminators 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys.

Another month later, and I managed to complete another 6 dudes for my force of Primaris Intercessors. I have enough for 3 combat squads, so I'm calling them done for now. I'll take some better pics when it calms down a bit on my end.

gallery_92826_13417_65838.jpg

Going through my bits for something to paint for the ETL, I came across pieces of this dude. It's funny that someone actually designed this piece and didn't think it's odd to place a fully extended arm at eye level. 

gallery_92826_13417_82209.jpg

Completed some more models. I'll have to take a break from 40K for a while, I have a couple of commissions for D&D & Zombicide, so I'll be working on those (probably for months at my speed). I might sqeeze in a squad of Reivers for Killteam, but no promises.

First up, the new suspicious Master for the future Reivers. As a DA-player, I probably shouldn't have three Cyphers in my cabinet.

gallery_92826_13391_118888.jpggallery_92826_13391_133208.jpg

And a rescue from Ebay. It was hard to find a pewter dreadnought with all the pieces still included. The clean-up isn't as great as I want it to be, but it's passable. It's an amazing sculpt for its age.

gallery_92826_13391_116921.jpg

• 7 months later...