Haven’t been in the DA forum for a while, but I was quite happy to see an update from you GRC. Those Reivers look amazing brother, you’ve really nailed the black highlights on these guys :tu:

I noticed I hadn't posted my finished Knight yet. I waited with pictures until I had finished the scenic base for it, but that might take a while, especially now I'm building more knights/Consecrators for the upcoming ETL. So I might as well post the finished one now, since the base wont get worked on for another year.

gallery_92826_13417_22766.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_94328.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_18597.jpg

I already build and painted a wall of sandbags with a heavy emplacement with some guardsmen sheltering underneath the knight. I only have trouble finding suitable casualties for around the cleared emplacement. I made some molds from Vostroyans, but perfecting copies from those might take a while.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:30 PM, Greenz said:

Haven’t been in the DA forum for a while, but I was quite happy to see an update from you GRC. Those Reivers look amazing brother, you’ve really nailed the black highlights on these guys :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment! I've seen your other projects pass by in the WIP-section last year, I'm still waiting for updates on your treacherous Chem Dogs. :biggrin.:

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

• 2 months later...

Time for some more old stuff! I recieved a package in the mail last week from our generous Dark Rage with some nice goodies from 2nd edition. Unfortunately I won't work on them in the coming three months, but after the ETL I'll be all over it! But I can show some teasers already. I'm always amazed at the age of these models, the speeder is two years younger than I am!

gallery_92826_13417_138864.jpggallery_92826_13417_39146.jpg

Time for some more old stuff! I recieved a package in the mail last week from our generous Dark Rage with some nice goodies from 2nd edition. Unfortunately I won't work on them in the coming three months, but after the ETL I'll be all over it! But I can show some teasers already. I'm always amazed at the age of these models, the speeder is two years younger than I am!

gallery_92826_13417_138864.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_39146.jpg

Thanks for that GRC I looked up the copy right and I feel really old now.

Thanks for the comments lads!

The ETL is upon, and my preparations are finished. To fill in the last week I've painted a tester for my vostroyans and another Ebay-rescue. The pewter Mk 8 marine was one of my first pewter models and is still one of my favorites. I didn't want to strip the one from my DA, so I bought a second one for my Consecrators. The rifle was fudged up (poor conversion from the previous owner), so I had to replace it with a more suitable one. 

Edit: the photo is too bright. The red is suposed to be way darker and has more distinct highlights. The powerpack is suposed to be brass. I swear, it looks way better in person :biggrin.:

gallery_92826_13391_58701.jpg

On 5/21/2019 at 5:37 PM, Dark Rage said:

Always preferred that speeder to the new design, but the one before that one was a no go for me, it had no front plate!

I actually like the older speeder. I might have bought one when they released if they weren't sold for their current staggering price.

Just found this gem - awesome stuff you have in here! I am impressed, and am taking notes, if only because Fallen share a lot in terms of colour scheme with Consecrators.

Excellent work, keep it coming!

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to update my own thread again. So, I vowed some guys for the ETL two weeks ago:

gallery_92826_13417_34783.jpg

Not much progress yet. I've started painting the difficult dudes first to keep my motivation up at the end, but it's going slow man. I've done 3 of the 10 so far, while I intended to be at 6 by now. Time to pick up the pace! Reiver is included to keep my scheme more or less the same, it's working out so far.

gallery_92826_13417_56040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Making slow progess. I hope to finish these dudes by the end of the week so I can vow some new dudes. Still need to work on my photography, I can't get the camera to focus correctly and even the new lightbox messes up my lighting.gallery_92826_13417_77513.jpggallery_92826_13417_112444.jpg

I have a new vehicle in the armoury! It's still blue and has some scaling issues, but it's a beast!

gallery_92826_13417_53632.jpg

I bought the re-release of the Space Marine Heroes from Japan. I had bought two dudes in my local store a couple of months ago, and was bummed out that they sold out soon after. Being a failing recovering collector, I couldn't resist snatching a box up to get the rest of the squad.

I do have a couple of duplicates though, since there are 24 models in the box while I only need 12. If anyone is interested in one of the dudes pictured below, shoot my a PM. I'm trying to get rid of them at cost of purchase.

gallery_92826_13417_53496.jpg

On 6/25/2019 at 7:53 PM, jbaeza94 said:

Its interesting to see the aesthetic change in marines. Old terminators look stiff and real hunched. New deathwing look dynamic and tanky, then primaris look line sneaky bois

Squats and hunchbacks. In the far future, there are only chronic health issues.

Im gonna have to take you up on this grc.

I ordered the smaller 12man box, yet to arrive, but it doesnt have all 12 that you have.

It comes with 8 specific ones, and 4 repeats with a chance at one of the repeats being a captain. From my understanding, the captain is in them about half of the time.

Ill let you know which of the 12 im missing. And ill take them off your hands

Im gonna have to take you up on this grc.

I ordered the smaller 12man box, yet to arrive, but it doesnt have all 12 that you have.

It comes with 8 specific ones, and 4 repeats with a chance at one of the repeats being a captain. From my understanding, the captain is in them about half of the time.

Ill let you know which of the 12 im missing. And ill take them off your hands

I hope you recieve your captain. I had no such luck, it's the only one I'm missing.

Ow yeah, I certainly want one if you snag an extra for a decent price!

Edit: The 12-man boxes don't include the heavy bolter and flamer. I'll save them for you.

Edit 2: Running knife and Auspex aren't included either. I think that's about it.

Edited by GreyRavenC