Great looking army! Love the old skool scheme of the consecrators and your mix of new and old minis really works. Many pangs of nostalgia with some of those guys, particularly the speeder & scouts, well documented progress too. You've inspired me to dig around and update some of my 1st & 2nd ed.stuff

• 1 month later...

Another month later! Still super busy here, but I recieved a couple of days off. I slipped in a bit of a depression, but I'm lucky enough that my employer gave my some time to wind down when I mentioned I was close to breaking. So I took the time to work on a bit of hobby projects. Finished building and priming some FW-models. I want to paint them for the upcoming ETL, but I'm not sure I'll be participating this year, might save them for a less fudged up year. We'll see. Love the Dreadnoughts, can't wait for FW to get back online so I can order me that sweet Leviathan (and the lovely squads alongside it). Spend some time building another walking behemoth as well, but that's a project that will probably another year or so.

gallery_92826_13417_56874.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_31836.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_33804.jpg

I've spent more time on finally building all my models of Necromunda (just in time to ride the new wave of releases) and painting some up. I've had some models since the initial release, so I've been slacking on these lads for a loooong time. Finished 5 lads of the 15 planned, so it's nice to have some sort of progress.

gallery_92826_13417_197760.jpg

Paint a bunch of counts as oldschool mini Eliminators too; the new better rules make them great again.

I might if I find some while raiding Ebay. I'm a sucker for those oldschool lads. Still got plenty of Heresy stuff planned though, so don't worry, it won't be all Primaris. :wink:

Nice camouflage scheme! Digging it.

Thanks! I might be second guessing the scheme lately since seeing other frater painting better ones, but it serves well enough.

The camouflage looks ace brother :thumbsup: I totally get what you mean about getting stuck on one theme. It looks fantastic though

And man, that Eliminator absolutely dwarfs those scouts!!!

Yeah, I'm not envious of you painting an army of AoA :biggrin.: Regretting your schemes halfway through an army sucks, but we'll make it work.

And that's a kneeling one, those scouts next to the standing Eliminator is just plain ridiculous. It's like a shaven hobbit dressing up as a Space Marine.

Done a very nice job on those scouts, really like the camo scheme you went with too.

Thanks! I hope I've done them justice. I've enjoyed painting them alot, and I hope it shows through in the results. I appreciate your generous donotion of the lads, they'll have a place of honour in the cabinet :wink:

Good job on the Scouts.

Again, good job.

Thanks mate!

Look great- really like the cheques on the sword.

Thank you both for all you’re doing. Stay safe yourselves and know you’re both very appreciated.

Thanks! Had to sneak some checkes in there, even if the scale doesn't makes it hard.

Great looking army! Love the old skool scheme of the consecrators and your mix of new and old minis really works. Many pangs of nostalgia with some of those guys, particularly the speeder & scouts, well documented progress too. You've inspired me to dig around and update some of my 1st & 2nd ed.stuff

Thanks! Heck yeah, paint up those old miniatures! Despite lacking the insane detail of the new releases, those old sculpts have plenty of character that are a blast to paint! And I don't even have nostalgia to cloud my judgement, some of these models are older than I am :biggrin.: I'd love to see you paint a force of 1E & 2E models.

• 1 month later...

Not really part of my Consecrators, but relevant to it. I've posted these in a new WIP I've started, and figured it would be nice to take stock of the models that brought me into this hobby. I don't add any new models to these anymore, but they still see occasional use.

My very first model!

gallery_92826_13417_98590.jpg

All of the Greenwing.

gallery_92826_13417_477941.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_151146.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_58674.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_328332.jpg

And my Deathwing

gallery_92826_13417_118610.jpg
gallery_92826_13417_190763.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a group shot of the current army! Seems like I'm a fan of footsloggers, only two tracked models.

The Army:
gallery_92826_13391_10344.jpg

Primaris:
gallery_92826_13391_125426.jpg

Ye Olde Lads:
gallery_92826_13391_185553.jpg

Terminators:
gallery_92826_13391_113064.jpg

HQ's
gallery_92826_13391_135080.jpg

Armour:
I'll revisit these at some point, they could use some extra detailing
gallery_92826_13391_98734.jpg

Nice work, Brother!

Thanks Brother!

That's a beautiful collection! Well done!

Thanks you mate!

Certainly better than what I can come up with at the moment. Awesome job, brother.

Don't sell yourself short brother, we all have to start somewhere. Your models like fine already!

Love your work Brother, it looks fantastic all together :thumbsup:

Thank you Brother Stobz! Don't leave us hanging too long for a picture of your army :wink:

Theyre great! Ive always loved your mix of the old and new in true consecrator style

That (contemptor? -im still adjusting) dreadnought looks the same size as the RT rhino next to it - could be a transformer!

• 1 year later...

Oh man, more than a year since my last update! I had build a couple of units last year in anticipation of the ETL, but they have been collecting dust ever since. I have not been idle in the hobby though, painting all sorts of models for Zombicide, D&D and AoS, It was a nice way to paint something different for a while. Now that we're fairly certain we won't have an ETL anytime soon, it's time to dust my DA off again and start painting!

I primed all the assembled models I had, so I'll start with those.

gallery_92826_13417_37727.jpg

First one done. As a tradition to keep our fiercest Chaplain placated during a lengty project, a classic marine to bless the rest of my progress on the Primaris lads!

gallery_92826_13391_17288.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_95258.jpg

Amazing work!

Thanks!

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

That's a great looking mini Brother!

Well done.

Seems like the offering has been well recieved :biggrin.: Thanks Stobz!

He's alive!

Dropping back in with quite the backlog, although I cant say much, I haven't really done any 40k in about a year. A very nice mini to kick back off with too, looks very cool.

I've noticed, I've found your thread and Stobz' right next to mine in all the buried threads. We all gave up at the same time :mellow.:

Now this is a small portion of the backlog, I want to get it over with before I start with my Indomitus box. I'm saving your Speeder for last, It's rare to paint a RT-model, so I'm going to take my time with it. :smile.:

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

Going through the annoying grind first, I've finished a squad of Hellblasters, with the next squad almost done. I might do a HQ and dread after this to break it up a bit. All these damn edge highlights are sapping my enjoyment. I'm glad these are getting done, they've been waiting for two years for some paint.

gallery_92826_13391_72542.jpg

Maybe we can all start again around the same time too, I just gotta get my Titanicus backlog done first...

The usual problem, it feels we're all running from a titanic backlog that keeps growing in size. Or in your case, titans smaller in size :teehee:

Glad to see your new stuff!

Thanks!