Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full GK 2000pts

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
  • Chapter Name: Grey Knights
Hi. After a few games against different factions, and as much victory, I post my list. If it can give someone ideas about how to play GK it's cool :)

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [114 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master Voldus [10 PL, 190pts]: Gate of Infinity, Hammerhand, Purge Soul

+ Elites +

Paladin Squad [19 PL, 288pts]: Gate of Infinity
. 4x Paladin (Sword): 4x Storm Bolter
. Paragon: Nemesis Daemon Hammer, Storm Bolter

. 4x Paladin (Halberd): 4x Storm Bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad [8 PL, 125pts]: Hammerhand
. 4x Interceptor (Falchions): 4x Storm Bolter
. Interceptor Justicar: Storm bolter, Two Nemesis Falchions

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 215pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gate of Infinity, Heavy Incinerator

Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 195pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gate of Infinity, Gatling Psilencer

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 326pts]: 2x Hurricane Bolter, 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon, Twin multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 123pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm Bolter, Twin Lascannon

++ Total: [114 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Voldus, Pallies and DK start in reserve, interceptors, razorback and SR deploy before the first turn.
I'll try to play a BroChamp instead of the Razorback, just in case.
I'll also try to play pallies with hammerhand instead of GoI.
Fun to play and confront, with iconic gk units, many tacticals possibilities, s***load of dakkas and mindbullets
Any ideas or comment welcome :)

Edited by Muaddib, 28 August 2017 - 11:45 AM.

• SyNidus and Cocha like this

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 681 posts
I really like this list. I'm gonna steal it and tweak it just a little. Good job.

gallery_15318_9542_44239.jpggallery_15318_9542_19929.jpg

ETL 2015 Banner 02 Custos Fidei 01

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

7th ed.    2 win   1 loses   1 draws

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Thanks, your most welcome to steal it! I'm interested in retex if you have the time to do it. I'll do it but English ain't my first language and it's hard to write... So far 4 victories in 5 games.

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,657 posts

Definitely a nice list. Will probably steal it too :)

raven-guard-sig1.jpg

Swims

Swims

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Think I may steal it as well :) quick question, I'm new to 40k and just starting GK. What would be your recommendation in slimming this down to 1000 points? As in, what would be the core/fundamental part? Thanks in advance :)

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
I started go few month ago because I like two units : interceptors and dreadknight. They're still my favourites so for 1000pts I've played Voldus, 3*5 interceptors and 2 DK... Not very subtle but quite efficient!
  • Swims likes this

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Updated versoin of the same 2k points list. Few changes including draigo (that guy wub.gifwub.gif ) and few less options to fit him in. I'll try it thuesday against a "strong list" in my hobby center, faction unknown...

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [116 PL, 2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lord Kaldor Daigo [12 PL, 240pts]: Gate of Infinity, Hammerhand

+ Elites +

Paladin Squad [19 PL, 275pts]: Gate of Infinity
. Paragon: Nemesis Force Halberd, Storm Bolter

+ Fast Attack +

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 195pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gate of Infinity, Gatling Psilencer

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 311pts]: 2x Hurricane Bolter, 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 121pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Twin Lascannon

++ Total: [116 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with

BattleScribe

Edited by Muaddib, 17 July 2017 - 08:07 PM.

• SyNidus likes this

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Ok so I played against 2000pts of Ynaris... It was... painful. I give up at the end of the third turn.

I clearly made several mistakes, mostly because I only played against eldar 1 or 2 games before and didn't knew their weaponry and all. But the "I shot you one more time each time you kill or loose a unit nearby", against our close range army, is just... meeeeeeeeh.
But Paladins did well, dk's too. Before they died. Quickly.
The stormraven didn't make it after the first turn (but being shot twice by the "all-multi-meltas" unit didn't help) and the interceptors did very well against enemies troops, thanks to stormbolter vs T3.

I'll play the first Konor campaign mission against the same guy at 60pl next Tuesday. Any thoughts on tactics and lists welcome (but I only owned what was on my 2k list and few more pagk...).

Edited by Muaddib, 25 July 2017 - 10:54 AM.

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Now that we have our new codex and all, I come with a new version of the list. Same basics, with 2 detachments , only one DK but he's a GM now. And Voldus became Draigo. For semi-competitives games only ;)

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [57 PL, 951pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 285pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Sanctuary, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 90pts]: Hammerhand, Nemesis Force Halberd, Soul Glaive

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [56 PL, 1049pts] ++

+ HQ +

Lord Kaldor Draigo [12 PL, 240pts]: Gate of Infinity, Vortex of Doom

+ Fast Attack +

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 311pts]: 2x Hurricane Bolter, 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 123pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm Bolter, Twin Lascannon

++ Total: [113 PL, 2000pts] ++

The outrider detachment start on board, the Vanguard in TP.
2 strikes forces who can support each others or work their own way.
I think i'll use the aura enhancer strat. on Draigo if needed and keep my CP for rerolls.

What do you guys think of it?!

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Is it that bad?! :/
Or absolutely perfect and need no enhancement?!?

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,657 posts
Looks good. Though i''m not a fan of the razorback but that's just me. I can't say much more because all of it depends on how you play them. The list itself looks solid. Though be prepared to lose the Raven if you don't get turn 1

raven-guard-sig1.jpg

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Looks good. Though i''m not a fan of the razorback but that's just me. I can't say much more because all of it depends on how you play them. The list itself looks solid. Though be prepared to lose the Raven if you don't get turn 1

I agree about the razorback but I can't found any decent alternative for the cost. And it provides at least some protection to the interceptors if I don't get turn 1.
I know the raven don't usually survive the first ennemi shooting phase but it's at least a solid "shot magnet".
I wonder if 3x3 paladins would be better. If I drop the razorback it leave me with 240pts to spend. But I don't know how...

EDIT : what do you think of this version :

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [58 PL, 1104pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 285pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Sanctuary, Warlord

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 285pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Sanctuary

+ Elites +

Paladin Squad [10 PL, 178pts]: Gate of Infinity
. 2x Paladin (Sword): 2x Storm Bolter

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [49 PL, 891pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master Voldus [10 PL, 190pts]: Gate of Infinity, Purge Soul, Sanctuary

+ Fast Attack +

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 326pts]: 2x Hurricane Bolter, 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Lascannon, Twin multi-melta

++ Total: [107 PL, 1995pts] ++

I think I'll drop Voldus for a Doomglaive... when I'll have a doomglaive!!

Edited by Muaddib, 29 August 2017 - 09:39 AM.

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,657 posts
Well doomglaives can be converted quite easily with the BA Librarian dread kit.

The second list seems better. You've got more force being concentrated with the pallies deep striking with the NDKs and the interceptors coming up. There's not much to change honestly and i think this is about as competitive as our armies get.
  • Muaddib likes this

raven-guard-sig1.jpg

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Well doomglaives can be converted quite easily with the BA Librarian dread kit.

The second list seems better. You've got more force being concentrated with the pallies deep striking with the NDKs and the interceptors coming up. There's not much to change honestly and i think this is about as competitive as our armies get.

Ok, thanks for the tip about the doomglaive.
About the competitiveness of the list, I was expecting some arguments about the interceptors instead of the strike squads but, I think there's two school about that!

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,657 posts
There certainly are but i can see the uses for both. In my army i prefer strikes because i already have other units on the board that can "hold the line". They are long ranged so even if my strikes deep strike forward, they are still effective.

Your list though does not really have that, so interceptors are the way to go. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

raven-guard-sig1.jpg

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,249 posts
Sy what long range units do you use for your on board guys?
QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Seizeman

Seizeman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts

You don't need long range units with grey knights.

You have deep strike and transports, so it's more convenient to just get close to the enemy.

Your second list is pretty decent, but you need some more presence on board and more assault cannons.

I'd turn the interceptors into strikes, take the assault cannon on the raven and lose one paladin so you can take a razorback with assault cannons. That way you can have 10 strikes + voldus on the raven and  5 strikes on the razorback. Those two assault cannons really help to clear the field to make room for your deep striking squads, and that way your power armor troops are a lot safer.

About the paladins, I'm liking the apothecaries more and more. Instead of 3 units of 3 paladins, I play 2 apothecaries (hammers) and a unit of 5 Paladins (2 hammers). You only loose 2 wounds in total (25 instead of 27) but gain 2 heals/revives per turn. You also have 11 WS2+ and 3 WS3+ hammer attacks instead of just 9 WS 2+ hammer attacks. The 5-man unit is also a better target for hammerhand and makes better use of stratagems like counter-offensive. Laslyy, having an apothecary gives you a recipient for your free relic (cuirass or hammer) that you can't take otherwise.

Oh, and always use swords on your GMNDK, they are the best weapon by far and they cost the same as fists.

So the full list would be:

2 x GMNDK (psycannon, psylencer, sword, teleporter)

1x Voldus

2 x apothecary with hammer

1 x Paladins (5) with 2 hammers

3 x strike squads (5)

1 x Stormraven (hurricanes, assault cannon, melta)

1 x Razorback (assault cannon, bolter)

• SyNidus likes this

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,657 posts

Sy what long range units do you use for your on board guys?

I use land raiders and rifleman dreads (from the index). But that list is a completely different play style as opposed to the teleport strike.

You don't need long range units with grey knights.

You have deep strike and transports, so it's more convenient to just get close to the enemy.

Your second list is pretty decent, but you need some more presence on board and more assault cannons.

I'd turn the interceptors into strikes, take the assault cannon on the raven and lose one paladin so you can take a razorback with assault cannons. That way you can have 10 strikes + voldus on the raven and  5 strikes on the razorback. Those two assault cannons really help to clear the field to make room for your deep striking squads, and that way your power armor troops are a lot safer.

About the paladins, I'm liking the apothecaries more and more. Instead of 3 units of 3 paladins, I play 2 apothecaries (hammers) and a unit of 5 Paladins (2 hammers). You only loose 2 wounds in total (25 instead of 27) but gain 2 heals/revives per turn. You also have 11 WS2+ and 3 WS3+ hammer attacks instead of just 9 WS 2+ hammer attacks. The 5-man unit is also a better target for hammerhand and makes better use of stratagems like counter-offensive. Laslyy, having an apothecary gives you a recipient for your free relic (cuirass or hammer) that you can't take otherwise.

Oh, and always use swords on your GMNDK, they are the best weapon by far and they cost the same as fists.

So the full list would be:

2 x GMNDK (psycannon, psylencer, sword, teleporter)

1x Voldus

2 x apothecary with hammer

1 x Paladins (5) with 2 hammers

3 x strike squads (5)

1 x Stormraven (hurricanes, assault cannon, melta)

1 x Razorback (assault cannon, bolter)

I like the idea but a unit can only be the target of a Narthecium once per turn. So the second apothecary can be changed to an ancient if you can find the points. Along with the banner of refining flame it could be quite effective.

That list looks pretty decent actually.

raven-guard-sig1.jpg

Seizeman

Seizeman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts

The apothecary does not need to heal the paladins, he can heal the other apothecary, himself, or Voldus (remember that perils happen). But anyway, he's worth it for his stats alone.

Ancients are not very good. Their biggest problem is that they can only use a falchion so by themselves they do the same damage as a regular Paladin.

An apothecary adds 4 WS2+ hammer attacks. If you manage to give the banner buff to the 5-man paladin squad, Voldus, and the other apothecary, then the ancient does the same damage as the apothecary by himself. For the ancient to be worth it, you need his aura to affect one more unit on top of that.

And positioning your ancient so it affects 4 units, while the 4 units are in melee, is almost impossible with a 6" radius, specially when you deep strike. Of, course each time one of those models die, he becomes weaker. He can become pretty much useless even if the enemy does not attack him, which is bad business. If you want the apothecary to stop doing damage (and healing), you have to kill him.

SyNidus

SyNidus

++ AQUILAM JUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,657 posts

The apothecary does not need to heal the paladins, he can heal the other apothecary, himself, or Voldus (remember that perils happen). But anyway, he's worth it for his stats alone.

Ancients are not very good. Their biggest problem is that they can only use a falchion so by themselves they do the same damage as a regular Paladin.

An apothecary adds 4 WS2+ hammer attacks. If you manage to give the banner buff to the 5-man paladin squad, Voldus, and the other apothecary, then the ancient does the same damage as the apothecary by himself. For the ancient to be worth it, you need his aura to affect one more unit on top of that.

And positioning your ancient so it affects 4 units, while the 4 units are in melee, is almost impossible with a 6" radius, specially when you deep strike. Of, course each time one of those models die, he becomes weaker. He can become pretty much useless even if the enemy does not attack him, which is bad business. If you want the apothecary to stop doing damage (and healing), you have to kill him.

That's a fair enough assessment, and yeah looking at it, those are great stats for his price.

raven-guard-sig1.jpg

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts
Ok, so...
The one thing I won't change is interceptors over strike squads.
But I try to summarize all that have been said and I came to this list :

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [58 PL, 1071pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 285pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gate of Infinity, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Sanctuary

+ Fast Attack +

+ Flyer +

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 100pts]: Twin Assault Cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [57 PL, 921pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 255pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Sanctuary, Vortex of Doom, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 90pts]: Hammerhand, Nemesis Force Halberd, Soul Glaive

. 4x Paladin (Falchions): 4x Storm Bolter

++ Total: [115 PL, 1992pts] ++

2 GMNDK, both the razorback and the stormraveb get the AC, I play 5-men-paladins squad for better use of stratagems and psychic powers, one apothecary for the free relic and the good stats. Had to drop Voldus though, and one psycanon on GMNDK.
What do you think??

Gerhard

Gerhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 122 posts
I like this list. I think I am going to try the suggested version with two apothecaries and strike squads to see how that goes. Not too big a fan of Interceptor Squads myself.

Muaddib

Muaddib

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

I tried a 1500pts version of the list yesterday and roll over a Necron list (using the Fate of Konor scenario).
My opponent fielded
Warriors X20
Warriors X10
Monolith
Lychguards
2 lords
1 C'tan shard (don't remember witch one)

I played this :

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [38 PL, 640pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 265pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gate of Infinity, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

+ Fast Attack +

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [48 PL, 854pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 285pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Sanctuary, Warlord

+ Elites +

Apothecary [5 PL, 103pts]: Desroyer of Crys'yllx, Hammerhand, Nemesis Daemon Hammer

++ Total: [86 PL, 1494pts] ++

My opponent made a mistake, leaving the 10 warriors alone on one objective. I put all my deepstriking units and the second GMNDK on their side of the board, crush them and rode up the battle line, with the interceptors shunting one at the time to reinforce my dakka power or screening vulnerable units when needed.

My opponent conceded at the end of the 4th turn, having only 13 warriors left.

I think his list was no match for mine but the unit vs unit fight's results are still interesting :
- The apo single handed the Ctan in one round. He charges, fumbled everything, took the riposte, died, and killed the C'tan with "only in death" !!
- The NDKs chew the monolith in one round (thankfully they are vehicles and don't fear the Portal of Exile).
- Pallies dealt with the lychguard quite easily despite beeing charged (but the necron had been softened by dakkas before).

Edited by Muaddib, 02 September 2017 - 11:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users