Who is still buying normal marines?

With the Primaris marines released

The expectation is the fluff with these will settle over time.

With the geneseed becoming generally used in a chapter

The marines will be true scaled over a few years of our time

This will happen and this article is not to discuss that but what units would be effected size wise

Given the costs of playing 40k i no longer consider it economically viable to buy any pre gulliman gw marines

Aside from scouts and stuff they use like a land speeder

Are there any units / vehiclessize wise that people think match the upscaled marines?

Do dreadnoughts match?

Land raiders?

What flyers match?

What are others thoughts on this?

Cheers

Only time will tell how the integration of Primaris and regular marines  will pan out. Primaris are getting their own tank (images already available) and there is reference to a flyer in the fluff. Most of the current STC vehicles explicitly exclude primaris from riding, and I doubt that will shift any time soon (if only to promote sales of the primaris vehicles).

For now, I expect a lot of players from a lot of factions are picking up bits and pieces for their armies to fit the shifted meta. Under-used units of past editions are now viable choices, and I don't think 'what might happen in 5 years' will effect the purchasing choices of players now.

To answer the topic question: I am.

I have a battle company of Stoneburners to finish off, plus I'd like fully playable armies for my Angels Encarmine and Space Wolves. The only Primaris I will likely have will be my Iron Crusaders, because their fate amongst the Ghoul Stars is unknown.

As far as the current size of the Primaris (the scale hasn't changed, it's still 28mm, how they apply it appears to be different regarding proportions)), nothing "matches" the sizes of the Primaris, which is why they are getting their own line of stuff. The current Dreads could be used (since there's no standard size of material left in the sarcophagus), but there is already a new Dread coming.

I've just bought a FW Chaplain Dreadnought, but I'm not going to buy any more infantry or standard vehicles until I see how the Primaris releases pan out.

More than anything I want transports for the Primaris infantry I'm currently building up.

Will keep buying the normal dudes. Though I have enough (probably too much) I will buy at least to 2 Tacticals, 1 TFC, 2 Ironclads and 1 Hunter/Stalker to be able to field vehicle suqadrons (if they will be in a future codex) or to have enough units for an apocalypse like game. :D

Ive planned a 3000 point list for a custom chapter ive always wanted to do, so I'll still be buying normal marines. Still not a fan of the Primaris unfortunatley, I want to like them but the fluff is just too unappealing for me.

Read Dark Imperium, it's very good and reveals a lot about their origins. I don't recommend spoiler summaries.

Going back to topic, I now own 20 or so Intercessors and various other units like Hellblasters - the models are so much nicer compared to the old ones it's hard to go back!

Edited by Ishagu

I'm trying to get a Space Wolves Great Company up and running - well, the basics of one, anyway. So I'm sticking to the "pre-Guilliman" scale for now, as I have a mountain of SW spare bits to use up.

Somewhat off topic - how long before CSMs get something comparable to the Primaris figures, and not necessarily Death Guard?

Somewhat off topic - how long before CSMs get something comparable to the Primaris figures, and not necessarily Death Guard?

When some Primaris turn to chaos. It's only a matter of time hehe :devil:

In all seriousness though, the chaos range must be getting a model update soon for the basic CSM, its well overdue.

Edited by Robbienw

I will, and I plan to mix them with the plastic Mk3 and Mk4 that GW do as well. Since Astral Claws won't have Primaris and my Steel Wolves are a fleet based chapter constantly moving so they won't have the primaris yet and may not ever take them.

Personal reasons: I like the models (well some, but Mk is amoung my favourite armour marks) but the fluff behind them is pretty bad so passing on them for that reason and reasons above.

To answer the question asked - me. My DIY Chapter were born, operated and died before mid M41 so never saw Primaris, and I still have a third of a battle company to finish.

To answer the implied question, I have no problem with our future overlords and will be building a Primaris or mixed Astartes/Primaris Chapter once I decide on a plan of attack.

I think the Primaris Marines I own will be Second Company, since i never touched them while Sicarius was Captain. Now that he's not the Captain...

But the majority of my infantry purchases right now will be standard marines for HH/normal marines for 40k. Maybe another Hellblaster squad or two when they have a seperate box will be about it for my Primaris.

I'll still be buying them. I have several units that I want to build (like an apothecary) and also I have no real desire to put the primaris in my crusade. Besides which it would be difficult to justify them getting all the way to the Jericho Reach.

To answer the question asked - me. My DIY Chapter were born, operated and died before mid M41 so never saw Primaris, and I still have a third of a battle company to finish.

To answer the implied question, I have no problem with our future overlords and will be building a Primaris or mixed Astartes/Primaris Chapter once I decide on a plan of attack.

That's interesting, I haven't met anyone who has killed off their own chapter. Do you have a thread with the story of them?

I to find it very interesting you killed off your own chapter Felix. What happened to them???

I may buy more SM/Blood Angel minatures. I have close to 2 and a half battle companies sitting in boxes still that either need love, or need selling haven't decided which yet

Krash

The only thing i've been thinking about are vehicles, ones that don't transport seeing as primaris can't ride in them. With all the stuff that needs to be built my non-primaris purchases will probably stop until we see a full codex.

Why would you deprive your Chapter of a future!?

Guess I could never play against you without time travel shenanigans :-P

Given I'm aiming for a full company of Crimson Fists, plus tanks, plus veterans... I still have to buy\convert

20 more Tactical MKIV Marines
15 more Devastator MKIV Marines
15 more Assualt MKIV Marines
5 Cataphractii Assault Terminators
2 more Land Speeders
Predator Tank
Rhinos

Safe to say... I'm still buying. ;)

Ive come back to 40k for them, after selling basically all my Modern Marine armies to fund my Heresy habits i figured there wasnt much point to a 40k marine army. But then shiny models and rules came along and sold me lol