Aramis' Mentors and bastard geneseed trials

• 2 weeks later...

A quick diversion - I picked up the Warhammer Conquest magazine for some cheap bodies and black paint. I like the look of the new chapter they've made up for these mags, the Silver Templars.

So I painted one up. Nice and bright, I wanted it more Imperial Fists than Iron Warriors.

Tried pre-shading under the silver which I think works well, it's noticeably different over white than black. I sprayed white then washed it black, with heavier wash in the shadows, before base coating the silver.

MrHQ6MB.jpg

Also, glad you liked the Mentors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What I did on my B&C break - I finished painting up two copies of Warhammer Conquest cheap marines.

4ZoNPCP.jpg

XlKxz4I.jpg

Silver Templar, Minotaur, Carcharodron, Raptor, Mortifactor, Emperor's Spear.

Most of them kitbashed and converted out of the set poses. All chapter schemes I was interested in painting. Thankfully as one-offs I don't have to reproduce any of the colours.

Edited by Aramis K

@Gederas the blue is one I mixed from maccarage blue (came with the mag) and temple guard blue. And I don't know the ratio as I kept mixing until happy. So not much help.

I did try a few other blues in the mix, but the slight purple of maccarage and the slight green of temple guard seemed to mix nicely into something with depth.

If I was looking at the full range I'd try Lothern blue

• 2 weeks later...

@Whattheblazes

Thank you. The Carcharodon torso is from a Cataphracti termie. I removed the Primaris front chest, but left the stomach armour, then shaved it down to fit under the curve of the new chest. I had to trim the chest down at the sides to fit the arms nicely, mainly the armpits. Any mess covered by pauldrons.

FbBNTlM.jpg

@Noctus

Glad you like it. It's Ushabti bone over a white undercoat (really helps), glazed with Palid wytch flesh, line shaded with Agrax, highlighted up to white.

@Whattheblazes

Thank you. The Carcharodon torso is from a Cataphracti termie. I removed the Primaris front chest, but left the stomach armour, then shaved it down to fit under the curve of the new chest. I had to trim the chest down at the sides to fit the arms nicely, mainly the armpits. Any mess covered by pauldrons.

I see! That's clever, it works brilliantly to add a bit of old-school severity to the model. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Refreshed a Sgt for my Conquest marines and added a Lamenter to create a unit of Indomitus Crusade vets:

DS7G5Am.jpg

With the vet upgrade of +1A and +1Ld, new bolter rules, and the Rapid Fire strategy a unit like this will have some punch. 4 bolt rifle shots each, then 4 power fist attacks and 3 normal attacks each. That's 13 dead GEQ without any chapter tactic involved.

But also, Bolters and Chainswords.

Edited by Aramis K