Brother Argent and Grotsmasha's August Arena Shared WIP

I, Grotsmasha, challenge Brother Argent to step into the Arena with me, where we shall both build, paint, and base a Character on Foot. I shall bring forth a Dark Angel Company Captain before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they accept and complete the challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they accept and fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

I, Brother Argent, accept the challenge set to me by Grotsmasha, and step into the Arena, where we shall build, paint and base a Character on Foot. I shall bring forth either a small scale daemon prince or a Primaris Captain in Indomnitus armour before the deadline of August 31st, 2017. If they complete their challenge, eternal glory will be theirs. If they fail, they shall wear the badge of shame until the end of 018M02.

In the first incarnation of this event, Brother Argent challenged me to paint my Caestus conversion. Unfortunately, I didn't even finish building it, let alone paint it :blush.:

So this time around I've challenged Brother Argent to a rematch, this time with a model that is built :sweat:

He and I will be using this thread to share our progress and motivation with each other :thumbsup:

Edited by Grotsmasha

++// AUGUSTS ARENA \\++

Grotsmasha: Update 1

We'll be doing Character's on foot, at my suggestion, as I've got a model that I've been itching to start for a while. It's a large scale Space Marine purchased quite a few years ago, and sat forgotten in a box after 3 house moves. It's a garage kit sculpted by Donnell Belleza ( really had to dig to find him after so many years...), so here is my pledge pic,

gallery_48988_6285_3185.jpg

As you can see, it was in a pretty poor state, half brush primed, and covered in dust. After a solid afternoon's work and several episodes of Archer later, we've got the majority of the green, and about 1/2 of the metallics. The shoulder pads, although not pictured, have been completed to the same level.

gallery_48988_7867_533501.png

Cheers,

Jono

And so we begin...

So my pledge of a character on foot has kinda morphed as the sheer size of what Grot planned became apparent.  As it stands I am drawn over what to match this goliath with.  I am debating between:

- The Primaris Captain in Indomnitus Armour

- A Contempter Dread

- A Daemon Prince converted from Gulahvar, the Terror of Arnor

- A Tyranid Carnifex.

What are peoples thoughts on the matter?  Once I get a few thoughts I will get started as Grot has quite the head start...