Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Space Marines

• Please log in to reply
1075 replies to this topic

Dark_Master

Dark_Master

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 689 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
SO glad I didn't buy an Index

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

DM
  • Galron, Brother Chaplain Ryld, Trevak Dal and 2 others like this

ETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

Henricus Institoris

Henricus Institoris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts
That cover artwork is freaking gorgeous.
  • MaulerUK and Shinespider like this

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." ~ The Call of Cthulhu, H. P. Lovecraft

Vaughn

Vaughn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars and Dark Angels

Didnt they state Codex's wont be phased out anyway and Indexes were a stop gap?

To be fair, army rules should have been provided out the door for free 

• Trevak Dal, Space Truckin, Pvnisher and 1 other like this

"Trust in the Emperor at the hour of battle.
Trust to him to intercede, and protect his warriors true as they deal death on alien soil.
Turn their seas to red with the blood of their slain.
Crush their hopes, their dreams
And turn their songs into cries of lamentation."
- "Uphold the honour of the Emperor", vow of the Black Templars

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,303 posts

woo, my indexes still haven't even arrived yet.....

• Overlordgaz likes this

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

wWHQjAC.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Midgard

Midgard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 500 posts

I guess we now know when Mortarion miniature is coming.

• Overlordgaz likes this

Twisthammer - alternate history reimagining of Warhammer 40,000

Conqueror - Book One of Twisthammer (novel)

Midgard - melodic death metal

My Amazon author page

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,127 posts
  • Chapter Name: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
Lol...

"You will have 10 new codexes by Christmas,"

...and all of them will be space marines or flavors about the mean. Literally it'll take us about 5 minutes to do.
  • Volt, Space Truckin, Lord Marshal and 4 others like this
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,145 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Well later this month then.
Let's see if BT is finnaly a codex compliant chapter.😂

Also:You’ll want to keep hold of your index. Codex: Space Marines doesn’t include rules for playing with Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Deathwatch or Grey Knights armies, so you’ll still need Index: Imperium 1 to play with those.

Edited by Sete, 05 July 2017 - 02:19 PM.

• Overlordgaz likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,823 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguine Eagles, Death Guard

Yay for another Raymond Swanland cover :D 

Well, we knew it was happening, we knew Indexes were a holdover to get everyone playing until their proper Codex comes out, and we knew Space Marines was coming first. We also kind of knew that individual subfactions in every faction were getting their own rules, not just Chapters and Legions, but it's nice to see that confirmed!

• Centurion Jay, MaulerUK, Iloja and 2 others like this

gallery_84244_13371_906.png gallery_84244_13422_1322.png

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,411 posts

Fantastic.  Love the cover art, glad its coming out so quickly.

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 281 posts

Primaris not having their own codex confirmed by the looks of things

• Overlordgaz likes this

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,411 posts

Yep.  I was pretty sure this would be the case by the organization of the index books, but also the datasheet for the primaris librarian references C:SM for his full rules.

I wonder if we'll get a slew of primaris models all at the same time to go with the new units' rules.

• MaulerUK likes this

gallery_92768_11583_3171.png                         gallery_92768_11583_2220.jpg

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
  • Chapter Name: Storm Wardens

Death Guard after CSM huh? So much for that big revamp we all predicted I guess... at least for now.

• Marshal Loss likes this

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Yep.  I was pretty sure this would be the case by the organization of the index books, but also the datasheet for the primaris librarian references C:SM for his full rules.

I wonder if we'll get a slew of primaris models all at the same time to go with the new units' rules.

The primaris dreadnought is hinted in those FAQ.

Glad that marines get their codex first. Sad about the cover. :(

Edited by derLumpi, 05 July 2017 - 02:30 PM.

Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,411 posts

Death Guard after CSM huh? So much for that big revamp we all predicted I guess... at least for now.

What do you mean?  CSM will have all the legion rules other than 1k sons and DG, who will have their own codex books.

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts

so 10 codexes this year.

1. Space Marine: looks like the old space marine dex, so no Blood angels, dark angels, wolves in it?

2. Chaos space marine

3. Grey knight

4. Death Guard.

5. Tau

6. Necron

7. Tyranid

8. Eldar/aeldar

9. Dark eldar drew cary

10. Imperial gaurd, astra miltarterum and imperial agents

I suspect Dark angels, Blood angels, SPace wolves, thousand sons will be the first codecies for next year

banana

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,657 posts
  • Chapter Name: Silver Skulls
Wish I hadn't bothered with the Index honestly.
  • Reldn, Hoots, Space Truckin and 3 others like this

Centurion Jay

Centurion Jay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 778 posts
  • Chapter Name: XIIIth Legion - Ultramarines

For you gamers out there, one very exciting addition are new rules representing specific sub-groups in many of the major factions; these range from old classics like the Space Marine Chapters or Chaos Space Marine Legions to returning rules for individual craftworlds, as well as previously unexplored groupings like Necron dynasties and Adeptus Mechanicus forge worlds. These will be included in each codex.

Chapter tactics confirmed? 

Very excited and glad I never got around to buying the index now!

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 692 posts

Yep. I was pretty sure this would be the case by the organization of the index books, but also the datasheet for the primaris librarian references C:SM for his full rules.

Also the whole "Primaris isn't a Faction Keyword."
  • Valerian, Xenith, Shinespider and 2 others like this

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,411 posts

Yep. I was pretty sure this would be the case by the organization of the index books, but also the datasheet for the primaris librarian references C:SM for his full rules.

Also the whole "Primaris isn't a Faction Keyword."

Ah yes, good catch. 

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 858 posts

What do you mean? CSM will have all the legion rules other than 1k sons and DG, who will have their own codex books.

Because they are unlikely to do a model range revamp unfortunately. The 2002(?) basic chaos marines, and every other model, probably will stay the same :/

Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Spoiler

lajetee.jpg

Guiltysparc

Guiltysparc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,411 posts

What do you mean? CSM will have all the legion rules other than 1k sons and DG, who will have their own codex books.

Because they are unlikely to do a model range revamp unfortunately. The 2002(?) basic chaos marines, and every other model, probably will stay the same :/

Oh, a model range revamp...ya, i think thats probably true.

My Legio XII Project Log                                                                             

Father Mapple

Father Mapple

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 690 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Suns

so 10 codexes this year.

1. Space Marine: looks like the old space marine dex, so no Blood angels, dark angels, wolves in it?
2. Chaos space marine
3. Grey knight
4. Death Guard.
5. Tau
6. Necron
7. Tyranid
8. Eldar/aeldar
9. Dark eldar drew cary
10. Imperial gaurd, astra miltarterum and imperial agents

I suspect Dark angels, Blood angels, SPace wolves, thousand sons will be the first codecies for next year

Do you know if your predictions follow the popularity of the model ranges? To me, that makes sense as the criteria for releasing a codex.

Which, admittedly, might not be the case if they're doing grey knights after death guard.

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,385 posts

I think they are pushing out the codex's as fast as they get done. thats why grey knights are in the first 4.

so 2- 2.5 codexs a month going forward until we get caught up

banana

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,870 posts
  • Chapter Name: 7th Terran Regiment
No chaos models update. That's not good.
  • Brother Aiwass, Marshal Loss and Teetengee like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 692 posts

Ah yes, good catch.

I've been pointing it out for a while and it's always kinda amazing how often people insisted that didn't mean anything :)

19 user(s) are reading this topic

12 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Landrick, ixzion, Plasmablasts, Thoridon, helterskelter, HCMistborn, Adra'Melek, Pork Chop Express, LucidNinja, D3L, malika666, Plaguecaster