Necron dynasties and Ad Mech forge worlds..

"For you gamers out there, one very exciting addition are new rules representing specific sub-groups in many of the major factions; these range from old classics like the Space Marine Chapters or Chaos Space Marine Legions to returning rules for individual craftworlds, as well as previously unexplored groupings like Necron dynasties and Adeptus Mechanicus forge worlds. These will be included in each codex."

Interesting line about necron dynasties and ad mech "groupings".

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Ad Mech-Necron cult go?

Looking forward to seeing what each Faction gets for specific forgeworld...? 

Mithril

++EDIT++ Got rid of  my "Henny Penny-the sky is falling" Comment :facepalm:

Edited by mithrilforge

I took it as the marines codex will have rules for different chapters, the Eldar one will have rules for different craftworlds, the admech book will have rules for different forge worlds, the Necron one will have rules for different dynasties.

Dynasties and forge worlds being groups which have not yet been explored rules-wise (in the way that marines have chapter tactics).

It specifies: "unexplored groupings"... "SUCH AS necron dynasties and ad mech"

Which can only mean a pairing of the two, more than likely a machine cult that worships some form of necron tech..

Neither a necron dynasty or adeptus mechanicus are unexplored groups of their own and clearly is talking about a combination of the two

Edited by dogfender

Neither a necron dynasty or adeptus mechanicus are unexplored groups of their own and clearly is talking about a combination of the two

My guess is it's just poor wording. We haven't explored the different dynasties or the different forge world in the rules yet. Look closely at the context, it's talking about the different sub groups in the major factions, and says that they range from old classics, like Space Marine Chapters, to unexplored ones, like Forge worlds. There's no way they would announce what would have to be a new faction, and a major fluff change, in an ambiguous sentence of an unrelated article, months before it came out. 

My guess is it's just poor wording. We haven't explored the different dynasties or the different forge world in the rules yet. Look closely at the context, it's talking about the different sub groups in the major factions, and says that they range from old classics, like Space Marine Chapters, to unexplored ones, like Forge worlds. There's no way they would announce what would have to be a new faction, and a major fluff change, in an ambiguous sentence of an unrelated article, months before it came out. 

This

There is no way it's talking about combining the two forces :P

I think it just means new keyword rules, like we have the option to in the index.

So we'll have <MARS> <RYZA> <LUSCIUS> etc and 'crons will have... Well whatever they have :P

Yeah they are separate things entirely.

They're talking about the <FORGE WORLD> tag and what rules it bestows when you change it. 

Look at the Kharadron Overlords rules in AOS for an example of what I believe they will bring here. Wait let me see if I can find the page...

Here we go... something like this:

dwarf2.jpg

So each Kharadron City that GW have created (equivalent to a famous CHAPTER or FORGE WORLD or DYNASTY) has a preset combination of:

• Artycle
  • Amendment
  • Footnote
  • Ability

In the example above you can see that BARAK-NUR can reroll morale near heroes, and unbind magic really well despite having no magic users. 

So... in 40k... MARS and RYZA etc will have preset special rules. If you want to be a well-known FW you get preset rules, a preset colour scheme and named heroes like Belisarious Cawl for MARS. 

However... when you create your own Dwarven Faction (or roll-your-own-FORGE-WORLD) you can choose your own Artycle, Amendment and Footnote to create a tailored set of special rules that you like the best and suit your playstyle.  You lose the named heroes. 

Will be shocked if this is not a completely accurate prophecy  :)

I never read it like that at all, as a Necron worshipping Admech cult on the way, and doubt that will come to pass.

However, It's actually a cracking Idea! No different really to Genestealer cults being able to take anything from the Guard list and just replace the regiment keyword with the Genestealer key word.

You could really go to town with this idea, although keeping any kind of balance would be impossible really. Slannesh worshipping Eldar? Chaos Orks? Dark Mechanicus? Tyranids and... ok it doesn't work for everyone but I like options.

What do you think they will be? I reckon something like:

<Mars> Bonus to Cybernetica units maybe, like some sort of buff to represent their access to the most ancient of technology, or maybe just leadership buff type idea to represent their primacy.

<Ryza> definitely some sort of buff to plasma tech in some way i reckon, maybe being able to fire overcharge and rerolling any ones? Maybe bonus against Orks 

<Agripinaa> some sort of rerolls to leadership or to hit against keyword <chaos>

<Lucius> ermmmm what are these guys good at? 

<Stygies VIII> buff against xenos in general in some way?

Lucius have teleporting warlord titans.

I have to admit the possibility of having some customisable rules for our own forgeworld, in my case St Hoagland, is quite exciting!

you joke but that could be fun. Something around teleportation would be cool but I would be unsure of how it would really work based on what we have now force-wise. Teleporting in some onagers with eradication beamers could be fun though! Since we supply Kreig with guard vehicles and weapons maybe something based around that would be cool too, but that is just speculating

we would have to wait and see... something tells me we will be waiting for quite a while still before the next admech update. I only hope they continue doing the Overlord style of tactics for the forseeable future, seeing as how thaat has a lot of options.

Edited by Tiger9gamer

I'm glad that this thread has stopped being crazy and wrong and is now discussing what's actually written there.

In any case, going through the Cultmech book's Forge Worlds...

Mars - The centerpiece of the Mechanicus will probably get something very general... maybe a leadership effect or rerolling some 1s or something.

Lucius - The planet has access to virtually infinite energy. Maybe something with Arc weapons? Or maybe, as suggested above, teleports?

Agripinaa - Their whole theme is that they're constantly under siege, and Cadia's fall will only enhance this. Maybe leadership, or maybe they're more resilient? 

Stygies - Xenotech lovers seeking the black library. Maybe they have some webway access? Or some kind of unique weapon options?

Graia - The entire forgeworld is apparently a giant travelling megaship, so maybe something with mobility?

Ryza - The only world with a very obvious one. Plasma.

Metallica - Description says Metallica is important to Electro-priests - maybe a buff to them, along with a Litany-type thing?

The reality is that none of the world except Ryza have an obvious buff - meaning that GW is free to make up pretty much whatever they want. 

The reality is that none of the world except Ryza have an obvious buff - meaning that GW is free to make up pretty much whatever they want. 

Which makes this ALL the More Exciting, to see what we get :wub:

Mithril

Good idea's gonna add my 2 cents except for Mars and Ryza. I think Shinespiders right with both, Mars will be the generalist and Ryza...well its Ryza come on :biggrin.:

Lucius

Aside from virtually infinite energy but also because of it, they have become known for military innovation and many latter-day vehicles and guns come from Lucius. Also noted for their numerous and bellicose Ironstriders and Onagers 

And of course the Legio Astorum with the only Titans (that we know of) sophisticated enough to teleport into battle but honestly we're not gonna see something for them in a non-FW codex 

Agripinaa

They have a habit of sending War fleets into the eye of terror to crush DarkMech forgeworlds.

Also known for their Ironstrider hoards 

Graia

Their giant megaship and having the Skitarii patrol its corridors until needed for "exploration, plunder and datatheft" can't help but have me think Admech space pirates :teehee:  However I did find the little snipetts down below interesting, 

"The Tech-Priests of Graia and their Skitarii forces accentuate the deep crimson of Mars with the bright red of spilt blood. Their detractors believe this is because Graian warriors take an unhealthy interest in each spray of gore that jets from their victims."

"Their Skitarii are also known for their refusal to yield"

Good idea's gonna add my 2 cents except for Mars and Ryza. I think Shinespiders right with both, Mars will be the generalist and Ryza...well its Ryza come on :biggrin.:

Lucius

Aside from virtually infinite energy but also because of it, they have become known for military innovation and many latter-day vehicles and guns come from Lucius. Also noted for their numerous and bellicose Ironstriders and Onagers 

yea this is awesome. I like the energy angle too, maybe something around arc rifles and stuff, but the tread head in me likes the vehicle aspect too... So yea that is my fav idea so far! props!

It would be nice if they had more information on Gryphonne than "They got eaten". Hopefully they could flesh out the events there a bit more?

Especially after the great redesigned symbol.

But their titan legio survived so maybe they'll spring something cool on us like a New Gryphonne?

• 2 weeks later...