Primaris Grey Knights?

Adeptus

Who thinks we'll see Primaris Grey Knights in the future? Would you want to see them? Would you buy them if they were released? What if GW retired the current models and the Primaris ones were the only ones readily available? How so you feel having your Grey Knights looking like midgets next to the comically oversized current Primaris models?

I don't think we are seeing primaris grey knights for now, and I hope that is the case. My guess is they will just release some primaris for space marines, and see how they do. If in some years they become the new standard, then they will release primaris GK and deathwatch.

If they release them now, It would depend on the models, but they probably don't look very well next to the rest of my army and I would have to buy new transports... so probably would not buy them.

The midget thing, they have been releasing contemptors and dreadknights and that kind of big stuff and still think the regular dreadnought looks great, so I don't see a problem. I think is more the primaris looking like giraffes and not the other way around.

I will admit I LOVE most of the primaris models... but they will be added in as a complete stand alone chapter with my other Astartes warriors, and I wouldn't want Primaris GK unless they do them properly... 

I don't think we'll be getting Primaris.

Iirc, we were still in the pocket in space-time awaiting Titan's re-emergence into real space. Wouldn't that mean we didn't exist when Guiliman gave Cawl the task?

I don't think we'll be getting Primaris.

Iirc, we were still in the pocket in space-time awaiting Titan's re-emergence into real space. Wouldn't that mean we didn't exist when Guiliman gave Cawl the task?

It wouldn't matter. With the process now established and the Mk X armour rolled out, any new Grey Knights recruits could be developed as Primaris marines instead of normal Astartes, and given demonhunter-ised Mk X armour.

My concern is that, moving forwards, most if not all marine releases will be Primaris, and that either we will be left with midget marines compared to the new bad boys on the block, or we will be given new Primaris Grey Knights which will make me constantly sad because they'll be bigger, arguably nicer, and definitely newer than my current models.

If Primaris remain a small niche force ala Deathwatch or Legion of the Damned, instead of becoming the new Space Marines in general, then it won't be a problem, but I think GW is definitely moving towards a more controlled IP (Primaris vs Space) and taking the opportunity to update the visuals with the Mk X armour and the obvious scale adjustment.

I certainly won't be buying any of them since I find their lore totally unpalatable, but I don't know if my single vote will matter in the grand scheme of things.

EDIT: I've just had a good look at how the GKs stack up against the Primaris size-wise, and it makes me very sad. I really, really hope these new marines remain as a niche and don't become the new standard. The scale jump is so huge it's actually killing my enthusiasm for the game. I didn't sign up to play a race of space dwarfs.

http://www.agisn.de/assets/images/Primaris_Lieutenant_BA_1comp.jpg

Bear in mind that in this photo, the GK terminator on the left has his height boosted a bit by extra terrain under his feet on the base.

Who thinks we'll see Primaris Grey Knights in the future? Would you want to see them? Would you buy them if they were released? What if GW retired the current models and the Primaris ones were the only ones readily available? How so you feel having your Grey Knights looking like midgets next to the comically oversized current Primaris models?

I'd say that we'll definitely get them eventually, but it'll probably be a long while yet. They're starting with the low-hanging fruit that also happens to have the largest market in the generic "codex astartes" style kits, which work well for the vast majority of Chapters. Most will be covered in the initial releases. The next phase will probably be a series of upgrade packs that cater to the other primary Space Marine factions (Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves), and allow those forces to have appropriate Primaris models that they can integrate into their existing armies in a coherent way.

Grey Knights, however, really can't be covered adequately with an upgrade pack. Just like our current model range is bespoke, we'll need bespoke Primaris kits to do them justice for our armies, which means they'll be low on the priority list, and probably years off yet.

When they do eventually come, though, I'm sure I'll be more than ready to make the change; especially if they really do the models justice in design. I'll probably eventually completely swap out the army, just like I got rid of the old metal ones when the new plastics came out.

Right now most of the generic Primaris units are underwhelming, as they're not really equipped to take advantage of their better characteristics, but imagine Strikes and Interceptors with 2 Wounds and 2 Attacks each - that'd be amazing. Kinda makes me want to do up another Fandex all of a sudden.

Is Voldus the same scale as our current models? If so, I'd be surprised if GW would follow him up quickly with Primaris-scale models that would dwarf him.

Actually, thinking about it, the imminent arrival of the Primaris marines probably partly dictated the contents of the Triumvirate of the Primarch: Guilliman still towers over everyone and Fallen and GK won't be affected by the Primaris project for a good while yet.

Is Voldus the same scale as our current models? If so, I'd be surprised if GW would follow him up quickly with Primaris-scale models that would dwarf him.

Actually, thinking about it, the imminent arrival of the Primaris marines probably partly dictated the contents of the Triumvirate of the Primarch: Guilliman still towers over everyone and Fallen and GK won't be affected by the Primaris project for a good while yet.

Voldus is the same scale as our current GK Terminators but he is clearly taller than them all because they have his pose standing almost straight while GKT have poses with feet wide apart.

Well 40k facebook just replied to some one asking about why there's no love or primaris for gk. Their response :

We got so much love for Grey Knights! But the Grey Knights specifically recruit psykers; they eschew using Primaris Space marines for now as there are very few Primaris psykers...

So that answers the question, which isn't a surprise. Now what love their bringing us, I'm curious to see.

I noticed on GW's Web site that a new GK dex is coming soon....Glad I didn't buy imperial 1, sheeze, I guess they think we are made of money. Drop the books and then singles!

Well 40k facebook just replied to some one asking about why there's no love or primaris for gk. Their response :

We got so much love for Grey Knights! But the Grey Knights specifically recruit psykers; they eschew using Primaris Space marines for now as there are very few Primaris psykers...

So that answers the question, which isn't a surprise. Now what love their bringing us, I'm curious to see.

Emphasis mine. Now, I know that GW isn't going to be giving away all their plans on FB, and the answer is from the intern or IT monkey, not anyone with creative control, but a "for now" answer doesn't fill me with confidence.

At least all my GK are on scenic bases so they'll still match the Primaris numpties for height.

I don't think we are seeing primaris grey knights for now, and I hope that is the case. My guess is they will just release some primaris for space marines, and see how they do. If in some years they become the new standard, then they will release primaris GK and deathwatch.

Um, actually, DW has access to all of the non-starter primaris, they just couldn't take Dark Imperium ones for usual inane reason, non-replaceable left pad. So, yeah.

The next phase will probably be a series of upgrade packs that cater to the other primary Space Marine factions (Blood Angels, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves), and allow those forces to have appropriate Primaris models that they can integrate into their existing armies in a coherent way.

Um, actually, these packs already exist, too, GW made these with primaris in mind, sooo... :whistling:

I'd be happy if they just made it so all our guys were 2 attacks base. Except maybe the Gunslingers/Putgators.

I've only played a handful of games, but I have found our combat capability to be very satisfactory. No need for 2 attacks base.

Having said that, if GW get up to their usual tricks and start making factions more and more overpowered and laden with more and more powerful abilities and rules exceptions, then our combat capabilities might be diminished by comparison.

Nah, those torsos look scaled to regular Astartes armour, not the oversized Primaris nonsense. Maybe the shoulder pads are interchangeable but I haven't got any Primaris models to hand to check.

All of these parts fit. Hands, heads, pads, halos, everything. Even torso, based on my measurement (obviously I don't have multi-part kit to compare but checking against my primaris models, at worst you'd need a very thin card strip at the waist), most of new found height in these models is in legs and midsection, torso is pretty short if you ignore gorget...

Those came out 2 years ago, no chance they were designed with primaris in mind.

I take you don't know primaris date back to 2014 then? Because that's when the first sculpts were made :dry.:

As for not being designed, do explain why BA sprue has cup for the apothecary, then. All BA apothecaries have chalice on sprue, so unless you think it was meant for decade old generic apothecary who doesn't fit BA aesthetic in any way and is too small for upgrade parts... Gee, I wonder, what new apothecary kit needing BA chalice and pads is coming? :rolleyes:

Those came out 2 years ago, no chance they were designed with primaris in mind.

I take you don't know primaris date back to 2014 then? Because that's when the first sculpts were made :dry.:

As for not being designed, do explain why BA sprue has cup for the apothecary, then

Presumably so you can put it on an apothecary model to make sanguinary priests! The cup fits a normal marine arm fine, so you could use it with the apothecary bits from the command squad.

As for Primaris dating back to 2014 I seriously doubt that they were in development for 3 whole years before release. They probabaly started the early concept work in 2015 when the upgrade sprues first came out. There are just too many bits on them for normal Marines to make me believe they were designed for something that came out a full 2 years later :lol:

I'll probably sell my GK if we get Primaris'd. They're bland and boring, everything we aren't (speaking lore wise, I know we're kind boring rules wise too at the moment).

I'm definitely not putting it past GW though, it would dovetail into their soft reboot of their Marine model line.

Wait and see I guess.

Archived