Primaris Grey Knights?

Adeptus

Yes, I understand the half assessed Ness of ow the primaris marines have been devised etc. But the main thing is they are something abit new.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it doesn't stink abit. It's mainly due to people thinking it devalues none primaris marines.

Realistically when most people saw the new marines and where like "bah, crap plots and money making, you'll never take away my original space marines!" I was quite relieveD, yes at the same time quite concerned.

Primaris marines are bigger and stronger but not smarter than your "typical" marine.

And for all their strength and enhancements let's not forget there impracticalites. Bigger in size means a bigger target, more speciaist vehicles for deploying In to combat and the like.

What I'm trying to say is, if I saw an enemy of the imperium. I'd have no problem sending in either a regular or primaris, obviously though, I'd send the right force to tackle that enemy so they would have a better chance of survival.

• 1 year later...

@ Everon

"Well 40k facebook just replied to some one asking about why there's no love or primaris for gk. Their response :

We got so much love for Grey Knights! But the Grey Knights specifically recruit psykers; they eschew using Primaris Space marines for now as there are very few Primaris psykers..."

Umm...Primaris Librarians don't seem rare

@ Everon

"Well 40k facebook just replied to some one asking about why there's no love or primaris for gk. Their response :

We got so much love for Grey Knights! But the Grey Knights specifically recruit psykers; they eschew using Primaris Space marines for now as there are very few Primaris psykers..."

1 or possibly 2 per company is a little different to every rank and file soldier being a psyker...

Really the entire recruitment process for grey knights is super harsh. First you got to find viable, male psykers who aren't too crazy and are powerful enough but not too powerful and are untainted.

On top of those monumental tasks, you got to train them-where you will lose some of your super rare recruits.

On top of that, you have the most dangerous job as a full marine that can be had, and Grey Knights don't get triumphant victories, they get the kinds of victories Chaos does, except they actually lose a significant group of people.

I mean really at the rate marines die on the table, nobody who isn't using the Spartan 3 Kool Aide method of Super Soldier making is going to be able to keep up realistically (and it's really best to not think about having to feed and supply super soldiers with a super metabolism, I bet they eat 8000+ calories a day, they got big callibure guns with thirsty rates of fire and super or not, they got limited space for spare 20 round magazines...unless they want to drop the 40mm nonsense)

@ Everon

This makes no sense. The GK recruits are already psykers when the gene seed is added.

It's just a matter of using the new Cawl tech and use on the new recruits to make Primaris GK.

I suppose since GK are undoubtedly THE non codex chapter, it might take a while to see new Primaris GK with the appropriate gear.

According to the BG, every astartes can be upgraded to a primaris. So there is no reason for not having GK primaris but the awful BG itself.

Anyway a GK primaris would cost too much in comparison to current GK point cost. This would make it unplayable (that will make GK primaris coherent with GK codex). 

From a model point of view I saw some conversion and a GK primaris would be amazing. What a shame for the BG. :sad.:

Damn you, Belisario Crawl! Why you didn't make only mark X (and what about mark IX) power armour and some better bolter?

As I see it there are two possibilities:

1. GW decided to drop GK slowly but surely because there's lots of GK fluff that contradicts the fluff of the rest of the 40k universe and often feels more like bad fanfic

2. GW has planned something special regarding GW and Primaris because GK don't run around with basic Bolter and basic CCW so basic Primaris models just won't do.

At this point it's impossible to say which one it is and I don't dare to even guess which it might be. All we can do is wait and see.

I doubt GW will drop GK. They just don't have Primaris Miniatures ready, so no Primaris GK.

GK will get the fabled MK IX armour, or something, and hopefully they wont go full retard on their design like inceptors.

There probably are none yet because Cawl hasn't been able/allowed to work on their geneseed.  Remember they have special geneseed which is different from other space marine geneseed.  He'd need to do a new version of it that can activate the primaris organs, like he has done with the geneseed for all the others. 

From a BG point of view 

There probably are none yet because Cawl hasn't been able/allowed to work on their geneseed.  Remember they have special geneseed which is different from other space marine geneseed.  He'd need to do a new version of it that can activate the primaris organs, like he has done with the geneseed for all the others. 

from a BG point of view this could be a good explanation. 

From GW point of view it is easier. GK primaris need ad hoc models and GW didn't want (or didn't had ready) create them. I strongly believe that (unfortunately) we will have GK primaris. And they will be great models with great rules. An other dollars will come to GW, like in 5th edition. 

Could they be implying that something about the Primaris process kills off an alarming prorportion of psychic recruits?

Seems kind of a reach...

I'd say it's just rarity of recruits.

IRL it's because they are doing basic bitch Primaris marines with easy to sell custom kits for mostly different colored codex marines.

The only meq more blingy than Grey Knights is Custard Bois who are Ultra Combo'd Blingy, so they can't as easily just poop out a upgrade sprue to turn a box of prime tacticals into prime strike squads. They can purple prose it up however they want but that's why.

Another in-universe justification could be that the Grey Knights simply rejected the Primaris and their gear because they don't fit their type of warfare at all. None of the Primaris gear has any teleportation function and are probably not capable with regular psybolt ammunition either.

So according to a rumour I heard, apparently the new Mk.X armour was gonna be just the new SM armour, and they were gonna phase out the old mini-marines into the full scale marines - regular marines were also going to get the primaris stat-line. Upper management decided against it so that they could milk it for more money. That's why we got the horrendously bad deus ex machina sloppy plot of "oh, we had these guys being developed for the last 10k years, surprise". It's also why we have the stupid rules that stop Primaris marines being allowed in various transports, you need their "special" primaris transports.

However, they still intend to replace all old marine models with new primaris ones. Why? Because they want everything to be "Primaris", not "Space Marine". Primaris is tradmarkable, and Space Marines isn't. Same reason everything's being renamed (Tau/Eldar/Dark Eldar etc). The lore explanation will be that all Space Marines will have had the "Primaris treatment" which turns regular ones into primaris ones.

I honestly wish they had just gone "Here's the new sculpts, use these or your old ones, just like every edition beforehand". The lore is crap and the rules divide is messy.

Regarding GK primaris, I don't want them, just because their lore is bad and rules sloppy. I kinda wish they'd just backtrack on the whole primaris lore, it's that bad.

Archived