Primaris Grey Knights?

Adeptus

So according to a rumour I heard, apparently the new Mk.X armour was gonna be just the new SM armour, and they were gonna phase out the old mini-marines into the full scale marines - regular marines were also going to get the primaris stat-line. Upper management decided against it so that they could milk it for more money. That's why we got the horrendously bad deus ex machina sloppy plot of "oh, we had these guys being developed for the last 10k years, surprise". It's also why we have the stupid rules that stop Primaris marines being allowed in various transports, you need their "special" primaris transports.

However, they still intend to replace all old marine models with new primaris ones. Why? Because they want everything to be "Primaris", not "Space Marine". Primaris is tradmarkable, and Space Marines isn't. Same reason everything's being renamed (Tau/Eldar/Dark Eldar etc). The lore explanation will be that all Space Marines will have had the "Primaris treatment" which turns regular ones into primaris ones.

I honestly wish they had just gone "Here's the new sculpts, use these or your old ones, just like every edition beforehand". The lore is crap and the rules divide is messy.

Regarding GK primaris, I don't want them, just because their lore is bad and rules sloppy. I kinda wish they'd just backtrack on the whole primaris lore, it's that bad.

If true that's honestly not news. That's been talked about ever since Primaris got announced. Sounds more like fearmongering to get some more clicks/5 minutes of internet fame to me.

About the lore ... eh it's not that crap and especially Grey Knights have lots of lore pieces that are far more terrible imo.

I can't imagine us ever getting primaris Marines. How on earth would they balance our codex? Especially when they can't even balance it now with less options.

With GW and their poor balancing skills, we'd either only use primaris units, or never use them because when all the GK bells and whistles and points added on top, we'd probably just be better off sticking with paladins or regular termies.

Archived