The Squats of Inso's Reach (Astra Militarum Squats)

Inso

Cheers :) . The Halflings have reached their destination now and CP miniatures are happy with them so I hope to see them in the shop relatively soon :)

In other news, I am sculpting a Squat as part of a competition over on Facebook... he's still WIP but I don't have much further to go :) :

JMafieM.jpg

It's been quite entertaining and it looks like I may actually finish this one :)

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Your Harker conversion is fantastic. "I ain't got time to bleed"

The squat for the FB competition is coming along nicely as well; is he going to have some guns/grenades to make him look a bit more grimdark future-ish?

He has a holstered pistol but he probably wouldn't use it when he gets the red mist and ploughs forward :) . I am not convinced that he'd be too bothered with grenades, either... I see him more as a 'charge forward and smash them with my hammer' sort of Berserker :)

I have done commissions... so I know the game :) .

It's just when you sculpt something that you are going to paint (or get a few casts for yourself) and people are keen to get copies... up until the point they are available (that's when they lose interest)... that's a bit sad.

But hey-ho... on to the next thing :)

Something for the army again; this time, it's a pair of Dreadnoughts to go with the Space Marine component of the organisation. Obviously, I can't just get a dreadnought or two. That would be too easy... so I bought a box of Mechanicus robots and here we are. Still WIP but I am getting there :) :

e1BXFo7.jpg

Cheers  :)

Although not 'strictly' militarum, I am using the space marine codex to represent the high-command side of my militarum army... so there is cross over :) (For example, my hearth-guard troops are space marine scouts but they are still part of the same army organisation as my standard troops).

I have seen lots of Squat versions of these robots and all that seems to happen is they replace the domed head with a visible Squat driver... and I wanted to actually make a proper dreadnought so decided to go for it.

I have taken a leaf out of the Rogue Trader manual and gone for an old school dreadnought design that doesn't have a waist joint... a bit like the 'Chuck' and 'Eddy' from yesteryear. The shoulder guards also hark back to the Exo armour shoulder guards that the Squats used to have.

I am using the standard rules for a normal dreadnought... hence I have put the close combat arm on the same side as the heavy flamer. The other arm will be getting an assault cannon (which I am in the process of building).

In today's little update, a top hatch, handle, front vent and some eyebrows have been added. Just for the record, the arms and top weapons are not glued in place yet... and the bodies are not attached to the base (so the pose hasn't been fixed yet) :) :

MH2Zdw5.jpg

I will be fettling the bodies and getting them finished before moving on to the arms :) .

In other news... the Squat Berserker has been sold to Short Wars now :) . He will be available from here in good time:

The miniature in question didn't fare particularly well in the competition but the ones above it were worthy of being there. Here's my now posted Berserker:

xilgocp.jpg

As for the Halfling snipers... they can now be found for sale over at CP models :) :

Most of the money from the sculpts I have sold has gone to charitable causes so everyone is a winner :)

Cheers :)

Codex Astra Millitarum doesn't have rough riders in it... and I am NOT a fan of biker Squats... so there won't be any in my army :(

Before 8th, I was planning on having some rough riders but they were riding badgers :) . I got one finished before I stopped working on the project (Chuck ;) ):

jJGkNRN.jpg