The Squats of Inso's Reach (Astra Militarum Squats)

Inso

Here's a high quality (Windows Paint) mock-up of the markings for my tank company:

abc7Qy3.jpg

I have all the decals I need for all ten tanks. The yellow shape changes for each platoon/command so there will be 3 triangles, 3 squares and 3 circles with a diamond as the company commander.

I have all the decals except the names... but I have LOTS of decals which can be altered for that... or I can just paint the names (so they are properly individual).

• 2 weeks later...

Reinforcements have arrived:

nCoop14.jpg

These four will become three with a Battle Cannon and one with a Vanquisher Cannon :) .

In other news...

I have ordered some plasticard (1mm thick) for when I start on the mech and also some Rare Earth Magnets (1mm thick by 10mm diameter) to hold a few things onto the mech (namely weapons).

I was also thinking about the three Sentinels that I was short of in order to complete the 3rd platoon. As luck would have it, I remembered that I had some old-style Vulkans in the loft so I have dug them out to use as Scout Sentinels because they are a little less robust than my Armoured Sentinels. I knew that the old walkers (from a Kickstarter) would come in handy :) . They look like this one (image found on-line) and will be getting a small measure of conversion :) :

https://dhcwargamesblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/bauhaus-close-combat-vulkan-suit-squad-leader.jpg?w=645&h=619

Today, I have been mostly washing the last of the Plasma-Tanks and by the end of today it will be suitably dirty, ready for stippling :) .

Ticking along :) 

Would love to see GW,update the Sentinal.

The current Sentinel is so far ahead of the previous ones that I am perfectly happy for it to stay the way it is. I'm not sure how they could update it, without going in a completely different direction. It's one of those kits (like the Leman Russ) that does exactly what it says on the tin.

I needed a break from painting tanks... and to be honest, it's a bit humid for painting so I decided to build a few Halfling Snipers:

NaOTXGM.jpg

This is three squads of ten, all washed, cleaned up, filled and based, ready for priming :) .

The good thing is that this means I have ticked off three boxes on my organisation chart... and three platoons now have their ten-strong sniper units :) .

The remaining four tanks for the tank company :) :

HcRBntY.jpg

The one of the left is waiting for an Agrax wash, the one next to it is waiting for priming/base-coating, the one next to that is waiting for a commander to be sculpted before Priming/base-coating and the opne on the right is the overall company command tank and is waiting for a commander and hull weapon to be sorted out before priming/base-coating.

The weather has been humid so I have avoided most of the painting/sculpting and have just been assembling and gap-filling. I think that I will need to replenish a few paints (namely the green spray) to finish them all... but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers :) .

Everything has slowed down a bit... mostly due to the lovely sunny weather. That said, I am still doing bits and bobs. Currently, I have two tanks all dirtied up, ready for stippling:

j9rijWC.jpg

With the tank commander for the third tank finished:

LUKKhMP.jpg

His tank is mostly sprayed green, apart from the turret and a few bits of equipment (that will get sorted today :) ). 

This particular tank commander is looking at his digital map while wondering how the hell he ended up so far from where he should be :) .

Cheers :) ... they are doing fine though :) .

With the tank commander sculpted, I have progressed and all of the tanks in his platoon, are now decal ready. I just need to finish painting the tank commander :) :

0M7rBfq.jpg

HB / HB combo definitely the way to go!

I may have to chop mine apart to magentise them that way too

Nice work on the chimera looking forward to seeing the final product! No commander this time? Maybe one standing on the back yelling into a vox? ;)

Edited by duz_