The Squats of Inso's Reach (Astra Militarum Squats)

Inso

I know that I have always said "no bikes" but I managed to get a bunch of Mantic bikes and I thought that they could be Hearthguard Bikers (Spacemarine Scout Bikers) to add to the "high echelon" (Spacemarine) part of my army. Obviously, a small amount of conversion is necessary to make them fit in with my other Hearthguard... so that is what I have started doing :) . 

I have snipped the unarmoured torso off the rider and have added a Steel Warrior torso (trimmed down) and head. I have also beefed up the legs and added the standard arms. I still need to convert the arms but as a test conversion, I think it is working so far...

c1eonrp.jpg

Existing Hearthguard troopers:

Q1uYvvb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

There's nothing like a big hobby slump to make you try and finish the more obscure things that lurk on your work-bench...

=][= Removed by order of the Inquisition =][=

I have also been painting Primaris Space Marines... which isn't something I would usually do. Hopefully, I'll get back to sorting out these bikes sometime soon:

9VYW3Re.jpg

Edited by duz_

Duz... the bikes are for the Space Marine part of my army so they should probably be deleted too... and the Exos... and the dreadnoughts... the scouts too...

No worries though. I won't post again..

Edited by Inso

• 2 weeks later...

I feel restricted here. I'm on a number of other forums (as Inso) that don't have such restrictive rules... Warseer... Dakka-Dakka... The Ammo-Bunker... to name a few. I'm still posting there and on my blog so if you want to follow progress, that's where you can find it.

Adios :) .

• 11 months later...

In case anyone is interested, I sold off a couple of sculpts to a miniatures company and they are running a Kickstarter... These are a couple of the sculpts:

gtyMngV.jpg

If you like them and want to get your hands on some, you could do worse than have a look at the Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076383099/the-7-dwarves-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures/

It's not my Kickstarter... I have just sculpted some of the miniatures... They'll probably be available from Macrocosm Miniatures at some point after the Kickstarter... along with a few others... like this one, for example:

PMmB3Xw.jpg

In similar news, the Kickstarter has funded (£4085!) and will get into full swing now :) :

... and if you are interested in finding out how it all came about, I've made a blog post about it :) :

• 3 years later...

I thought I'd blow the dust off this one... as with most of my hobby, things can get sidelined for a while but they never truly disappear :) !

One thing I have always planned to do was add some Bullgryns and Ogryns to this army (the plastic Squat army, not the self sculpted army) and when the Necromunda slave Ogryns turned up, they were just awesome... so I decided to convert a unit of six to be some Bullgryns. These are currently WIP:

R9SF6ld.jpg

They still need some putty-work to fix some gaps and repair some details, shields added and armour/equipment as well... but they are getting there :) . I have also got two boxes of standard Bullgryns/Ogryns that I will be assembling as Ogryns with ripper guns... but I plan on using the smaller heads that the Necromunda Ogryns have (because they look cooler :) ).

So... still ticking along :) .