Our Brand is Vengeance - A Primaris Plog

Super nice... very clean. You've done the Primaris justice. For Indomnitus !!!! :wink:

Thanks Prot, I've admired your Ultras so that's high praise in my book!

lovely work, i really like the muted colours too

Thank you!

That paint job makes me want to pick one up.

Wow, thanks man!  I didn't like the brighter yellows and such on the box art, so i wanted to do something a little darker.  Glad you like it!

My librarian is all done, added the Ultra's decal to the shower and the rank decals on the bottom corners of the cloak. I was a little worried they wouldn't look as good since i went with a lighter color there than on the box art, but i think they look pretty sweet.

gallery_92768_13434_53689.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_34808.jpg

Wow. That model is epic. The deep blue is highlighted brilliantly and the robes bring a great contrast to the model. Then your eye is drawn to the sword, what a great effect on it, really looks like power is surging through it. Amazing work all round!

Wow. That model is epic. The deep blue is highlighted brilliantly and the robes bring a great contrast to the model. Then your eye is drawn to the sword, what a great effect on it, really looks like power is surging through it. Amazing work all round!

Thank you!  The blue is Kantor blue shaded with nuln oil, highlighted with aldorf guard, calgar, and fenris grey.  

Lovely painting on a lovely model, just read the whole thread, clean and sharp, really nice stuff brother!

Anamnesis

Thank you very much Itzara!

clean and crisp, really great work, i still love the choice of colours for the robes in particular, very striking.

Whats next?

Thanks man, i'm really happy with the robe color too.

The redemptor is next on the list, followed by some fire hand aggressors.

That Librarian is superb, along with the rest of your collection.

Could you tell me the recipe for that purple cloak?

Cheers

Sure can, i used pretty much the same method as duncan's gravis capt video

https://youtu.be/F-V2EI6InX8?t=12m5s

• Screamer pink base
  • Shade of carroburg crimson (my deviation from duncan)
  • Recolor most of is in screamer pink
  • Shade with nuln oil
  • Recolor a little less than most with scream pink
  • pink horror highlights
  • slaanesh grey where of the pink horror highlights meet at the bottom of the cloak

I find painting cloth to be pretty hard, i thin my paints way more than i do when painting armor just to make sure it drys as smoothly as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Making some more progress. The edge highlighting on the arm was easier than expected, all the ridges are super well defined.

gallery_92768_13434_92282.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_1753.jpg

In other news, i ordered some of the new custodes. I'm thinking they'll make a nice combat element for my primaris army, so keep an eye out for some of those golden bros to pop up in this thread.

Awesome, and super clean stuff.

This has been a slow grow for you hasn't it? Do you spend a lot of time on them, or do you go in spurts?

I think i'm probably not the fastest painter, but its mostly a time thing.  I've got an almost  2 year old now.  Last year when i was cruising through my 30k world eaters she was only 1 and took more naps, so i was able to paint a little more during the weekends than i can now.  During the week I train and teach brazilian jiu jitsu 3 evenings and the other 2 evenings are for my wife, sooooo my life is pretty packed!  

This weekend i had about 4 hours and did all the reblocking of the blue after the wash, edge highlights on the metals, and all the edge highlights on the arm.

That's kind of what I suspected. Based on the timing of your updates, and the quality of the paint jobs. You're going to end up with a beautiful army. Keep it up. :tu:

(BTW: I'm using a similar colour for my Plasma coil colours... but maybe it's slightly different from the washes I use... what colour is that?)

Thanks for the encouragement! It does feel a little daunting at times, especially with all the amazing models that GW keeps coming out with!

The plasma coils on this guy and the helblasers are sotek green, washed with drakenhof, then highlights with temple guard blue, baharoth blue, and little bits of blue horror. Then washed with waywatcher green a few times. The waywatcher green is what gives it the Jade hue.

Looking great! I always think that the large panels look a bit bare, will you be putting decals or squad markings on them ?

Yep! I love decals. Going to go with the U on the left shoulder and a skull and laurels on the right. The front panels are going to get the big, two-part eagle decal.

I might put a couple kill tally markings from the 30k world eaters sheet on the power fist. I may also put a smaller U on one of the knees.

Finished all the 1st and 2nd layer highlights this weekend, the latter being done all together in one 2.5 hour marathon!

1st layer highlights (Calgar blue)

gallery_92768_13434_33108.jpg

2nd layer highlights (Fenris grey)

gallery_92768_13434_515854.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_202378.jpg

All thats left now is to do a couple spot highlights in blue horror, highlight the power cables, paint the mechanicum icon on his back, and do the base, and then it'll be off the decal shop.

Archived