Our Brand is Vengeance - A Primaris Plog

Noting the gears at knees, any ideas of weathing or applying somekinda "used" look on those?

I might hit them with the glossy nuln oil to give them an oily/lubricated look, but I'm not sure. Maybe a sepia wash to make them look a little yellow.

The last dreadnaught I did, I painted all the gear parts like that gold to stand out a little bit.

Some more updates on the redemptor...finished all the 2nd layer blue edges and slapped on his arms for a couple pics...

gallery_92768_13434_4689.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_35764.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_130853.jpg

Then this morning I knocked out the base and shading on the purity seals and mechanicum symbol. Closing in on the finish of this model, super happy with how its turning out.

gallery_92768_13434_56983.jpg

gallery_92768_13434_41662.jpg

Decided to knock out the chaplain next, i've been wanting to paint this model for months! Its painting up really fast, might even be done by the end of the weekend.

Most of the base colors are blocked in, going to redo the cloak in dryad bark so its a little darker (currently rhinox hide).

gallery_92768_13434_49725.jpg

The shading is well done. The Chaplain's tabard looks naturally stained, i.e., he's been in the field for days, while the fabric of his tabard absorbed smoke and ash from funeral pyres and burnt out tanks- as opposed to rolling in mud so he can claim, "See? I'm not shamming!" (FYI, "sham" is military slang for avoiding work.)

Nice work!

Regarding gun barrels, if you don't want to drill them out (and not having a suitable drill is an excellent reason for not drilling them out) you can always just paint a black dot on them. That way they still look like guns, rather than cudgels that happen to be shaped like guns.

There's some cable and tech bits recessed in the backpacks behind the helmet that look like they're just painted an unhighlighted blue. I don't know if it was a specific choice, but it reads like you missed a spot.

The micron-applied text on the Chaplain looks good! Are you going to do something similar on the other plaques/scrolls/purity seals? As it stands, the Chaplain gets parchment with stuff written on it but the Librarian doesn't, and that doesn't seem fair at all.

Nice work!

Regarding gun barrels, if you don't want to drill them out (and not having a suitable drill is an excellent reason for not drilling them out) you can always just paint a black dot on them. That way they still look like guns, rather than cudgels that happen to be shaped like guns.

There's some cable and tech bits recessed in the backpacks behind the helmet that look like they're just painted an unhighlighted blue. I don't know if it was a specific choice, but it reads like you missed a spot.

The micron-applied text on the Chaplain looks good! Are you going to do something similar on the other plaques/scrolls/purity seals? As it stands, the Chaplain gets parchment with stuff written on it but the Librarian doesn't, and that doesn't seem fair at all.

That's a good idea about the gun barrels!

The cabling on the backpack was a miss, good catch. I painted this guy fully assembled, whereas the others I did without thier backpacks on...I'll see if I can get a little brush in there.

I'm currently not planning on doing the script on the smaller scrolls, I like how their shading and highlights turned out and not sure I want to put the wiggles on them. The next model I do though, I'll do the script before the shade and highlights and if that looks good then I'll do all the papers that wat going forward.

Regarding the librarian, I gave him a name (Dorian) and stuck it on his shoulder scroll so he wouldn't be left out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived