Losing my man cave

ImNegan

Congratulations on the addition to the fam :tu:

Kids are a lot easier to train than cats.

if mine ever got the bug to try painting, I had some crap old minis I got from eBay, 99p brushes, and just let them loose with whatever paint was on the palette. It lasted about 5 minutes until something else caught their eye and they ran off. Might be lucky having two daughters who are just not into plastic spacemen. 

Cats, however...

http://thumbs.imagebam.com/fd/6d/ee/dda2d5561620333.jpg 

Sounds like you need to floor the attic & get a retractable ladder SW1.

Unfortunately there's not enough headroom to do that as the top floor has taken advantage of higher ceilings which means there's a crawl space but not any more useful space in the loft.

Kids are great, an while impacting on hobby space, they enrich your life in ways you didnt know about.

I fear there's something wrong with you, frater.
The blessed painting monkeys are slowly developing an eye for my collection. They've got some practice models out of me (captain and 2x 10 man squads each). But I fear they're planning on sharing out my plasticrack mountain while I'm at work at some point soon. :(

Must start painting again!!!

Edited by SW1

So, the takeaway for the rest of us is to not have children.

LOL ... Imagine if your parents had that very same thoughts about kids...Poof!! no Henricus! ...ponder that Self focused Single adult male :biggrin.:

as to the OP  - a writing desk is what i have as others have stated and i also (painstakingly )taught my 4 1/2 yr old son what not to touch on my desk unless he asks, it took a few months but now i'm able to leave my stuff out on the desk ...untouched :yes: . common sense with clippers and glue/knives...i pack those away after use in the cupboard below.

Having a limited space shouldn't limit your hobby, although i must admit i do look forwards to visiting a mate every couple friday nights to paint and play in his "Man Cave"

always find a way to continue your hobby :wub: 

cheers, Mithril   

• 3 weeks later...
So I went and got a writing bureau off eBay. £25! Not bad at all, fitted two locks to the drawers for another 5 and gave it a bit of TLC. Now in the process of moving my stuff I to it. Its at this point I realise I may have a hoarding problem...