Viability of AV 14 heavy lists?

Luna707

I am absolutely in love with Spartans, land raiders, and typhons. The aesthetics just rustle my jimmies and I was curious if an av 14 centric list backed up by terminators and Medusan Immortals can be made competitive in anyway.

For those who have seen my wip page, you'll know I'm into the rule of cool more than anything else, however I would like to put up a good fight every once in a while. I don't mind if I lose often and I don't want a cheesy list, just something that can sucker punch my opponent when they make a mistake.

Av14 wall can definitely be solid, especially against an army that's not prepared to face that much armor. It's a bit of a toss up since sometimes you'll face armies wih lots of anti armor, other times you'll probably crush your opponent when they don't have enough anti tank. I've been on the receiving end of an av14 heavy list with my terror assault list and it's incredibly difficult for me to face.

• 4 weeks later...
My group doesn't have any grav weapons for 30k the one player runs a basic battle company 6 troop choices all in rhinos with multi meltas on top. So while I can be subject to melta armored ceramite is a hard counter and when you dump 10 fire drakes in his face with a primus medicae a chaplain and a praetor in his face a battle company is pretty easy to handle. I'm working on adding and changing the list a little bit seeing as how it would be rather dull just to smash face every time so

• 3 weeks later...