Aothaine's Dark Angels: 4th Company (Updated 9/8/2019)

Aothaine

Hey everyone!

Going to be using this post to post updates and help myself keep a general layout of what is involved with this project. Decided to switch to 4th company. I like the badge better.

Models: Incoming & Built

Built Models:

4th Company:

HQ - Captain + Combi-Plasma & Relic Blade

TROOP - Tactical Squads Alfa + Plasma Cannon + Plasma Gun + Plasma Pistol & Thunder Hammer (Sgt) + Bolter x2

Incoming Models:

Tactial Squad Bravo - Foxtrox (Purchased)

Need to Buy List:

Devatator Squad x4 (To get two Devatator squads with four plasma cannons each. This will help setup other builds as well)

Assault Squad x4 (Need to get two 10 man assault squads loaded with plasma pistols Squad Alfa will be jump pack and Bravo will be on foot)

Rhino/Razorback x10 (According to the company lore every squad has a Rhino and Razorback available to them. I will just purchase Razorbacks and see if I can just swap out the top to get the Rhino)

Models from Other Companies:

HQ - Librarian on Bike + Force Sword & Combi-Plasma

ELITE - Company Veterans + Storm Shield & Plasma Gun (No Sgt yet as I converted the Sgt model into the Libby on bike)

ELITE - Death Company (5-man) + Assault Cannon & Power Fist + Chainfist & Storm Bolter + Power Sword & Storm Bolter (Sgt) + Power Fist & Storm Bolter x2

TROOP - Scout Squad Alfa (5-man) + Sniper Rifle x4 + Missile Launcher

TROOP - Scout Squad Bravo (5-man) + Combat Knife x4 & Bolt Pistol + Chainsword + Plasma Pistol & Chainsword (Sgt)

Painting Guides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WyyiPkWVY&index=2&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7vfhJu7igpMVEuwJzrMU5TK

Step 1: Basing

Prime Black

Paint Caliban Green (Entire Model)

Paint Leadbelcher (Metal Parts)

Paint Khorne Red (On Weapon, Squad Markings, Wax on Purity Seals, Lenses)

Paint Celestra Gray (Chapter Badge & any other areas that need to be white)

Paint Zandri Dust (Cloth, Paper, Company Badge, Banners, Chest Eagle)

Paint Balthasar Gold (Gold Parts)

Paint Abaddon Black (Joints & Pipes)

Step 2: Shading

Paint Nuln Oil over entire miniature and be sure to let it go into recesses but don't let it pool

Step 3: Brighten

Paint Caliban Green (Avoid Recesses of power armour)

Paint Khorne Red (Avoid Recesses of red areas)

Paint Zandri Dust (Avoid Recesses of cloth/paper/etc areas)

Step 4: Highlight

Paint Ushabti Bone (raised areas of cloth/paper/etc areas)

Paint White Scar (Chapter Badge and white areas)

Flesh: Bugman's Glow -> Cadian Fleshtone(Avoid Recesses) -> Reikland Flesh Shade (Only paint in Recesses)

Step 5: Basing & Protection

Astrogranite (Base)

Gloss/Matt Varnish

Valhallan Blizzard (Base)

Extra Guides:

Relic Blade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACT-RNk2GkY&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=45

Stegadon Scale Green

Sotek Green

Fenrisian Grey

Ulthuan Grey

White Scar

Paints to Buy:

Matte Varnish (Bottle or Spray)

Gallery

+++ Work in Progress +++

med_gallery_69175_15803_404785.jpg

Edited by Aothaine

Trying to decide how I want to setup my Sgts in my dev and tactical squads. I know I want two of the Sgts in the tactical squads to have Thunder Hammers. One is already modeled as such. But the other 8 Sgts(4 tactical, 2 dev, 2 assault) I'm not sure about. I know that one assault squad will have jump packs and one will not. All squads will be full strength, 10-man, and have as many bells and whistles I can put on them.

Now that I look at the assault squads again... I'm thinking of loading them out like the following

Assault Squad (10 man)

Plasma Pistol & Thunder Hammer (Sgt)

Eviscerator x2

Chainsword + Plasma Pistol x2

Chainsword + Bolt Pistol x5

• 2 years later...

So, after several life changing events I've picked up the hobby again. Going to be working a few projects and bouncing between them so that I don't get bored of painting one scheme. I've found I need to mix things up when I'm painting for me to keep working on projects. I will be working on the armies in my signature over time. Currently I'm working on painting up one of my Dark Angels Masters and two Argent Fist Lieutenants. I have plans to start up Aeronautica when Space Marines get their release. But I am not sure if they will be Dark Angels or Argent Fists just yet. 

Anyway, I'll work on keeping this post updated as I work on my Dark Angels. I currently have about 60 old-boy tactical marines from the Dark Angels starter box from several years ago to work on, some bikers and terminators for the Dark Angels. I will be sticking to the Tacticals until they are all done though.

Let the painting begin!!!