Valhallan Blizzard Inquiry

Anyone know if you are supposed to varnish over Valhallan Blizzard?

I want the model to be safe but I'm not sure if the paint is supposed to be varnished. :/ 

Thanks in advance!

It dries to a quite hard textured finish, it's much more durable than sand and PVA glue. You can safely varnish over it like a normal base, or you can leave it unvarnished if you prefer. I use Armageddon Dust and do my bases separately, then varnish the whole figure with spray matte. The texture paint will not chip or crumble after it has dried unless you are extremely violent with it. At most, a pebble or two will break off.

I just realized Valhallan Blizzard is the snow effect and not like the other basing paints. In this case, I would treat it like other snow effects. You can matte varnish it but it will ruin the slushy look a little bit, you can re-invigorate it by brushing a little bit of gloss afterwards. Or you could apply the texture after the model is completely varnished, sealing it with some gloss if you want a little extra protection. Unless you pick up the model by the base like a wafer, which most people probably don't, it should be pretty safe.

Edited by Tyberos the Red Wake