Do Titan Clans have regular forces?

Kua

The Fir Caurifel.

I’m not sure if they got any fluff attention at all since the Adeptus Titanicus game (Epic 1st Ed.).
Maybe by FW? You tell me.
The Amperial Armour Index Xenos at least distinguishes them (?) as <Conclave>, opposed to <Claftworld> for everything smaller than a titan.

They are pilots, but closely connected to their titans which are heaving their own personalities and all that. By obvious logic an important force – important enough to have its own agenda? In ancient fluff there was spoken of them fighting this or that battle, which I’d immagine being a rather strange force organization entirely without non-titan support, but on the other hand the appropriate game was about titans only, so no need wondering.
On some old WD (?) pic I found on the net, there was a wraithlord standing next to a titan painted in the same (the clan’s) colours, but I’m not sure if it has to have a deeper meaning over the painter already having the paint on his brush.

In any case, what would you suppose?

OK, some research showed:

• Swordwind (latest Epic publication about Eldar) paints a picture where titan pilots, being necessarily twins, “rise high in society” without mentioning anything about clans. It would suggest them being not more than clubs for twins, if at all.
  • IA 11 (main FW publication about Eldar titans) not even mentions twins (making GW’s wraithknight fluff quite absurd), nor clans, even the Phantom there is piloted by only one living Eldar, still with the help of its souls, ofc., and the curious thing: The names formerly known from the Fir Carifel (like „Hearts armoured in battle“ etc.) do be mentioned there, but not as Clan names but as example names for individual titan teams/squadrons.
  • The original titan fluff with the entire clan story appears to be from WD 110. This is older than the famous WD 127 first introducing the modern Eldar fluff with warrior paths, Khaine and all this. Also WD 110 shows a titan accompanied by wraithlords from some allied clan (!), which means that at this time, with the fluff not fully formed, the society must have been viewed as largely organized in clans, not necessarily acting as a united craftworld.

All this would speak for the Clan fluff being outdated.

But then, there is this new Wraithtitan <Conclave> keyword family in the newest FW index. And the wraithknight from GW, mainly bringing back the twin story, could be newer than IA11, even though I am not sure.

In the end there seem to be some changes happening and some new fluff forming, as far as my suspicion go.

I’ve sent FW an e-mail but I’m not sure if/when they will answer currently having so much trouble with the indices.

Might be the Clans are comparable to aspect shrines, meaning they have their own ways and agendas yet are seated on the craftworlds and as such "part of a craftworld". If we go by the older fluff, wraithknights should be organized as an independent force as part of an exodite colony. Yet here they are in the colors of the craftworlds (yeah, i'm still not over superheavy stuff being part of "regular" 40k). I would assume that the fluff regarding Aeldari titans might go the same way, once some GW/FW scribblers get around to it.

Disclosure: This is all based upon my own assumptions and i have no sources or hard evidence for anything.

A few corrections:

There is no old wraithknight fluff, because there were no wraithknights before. Exodites were the only ones with knights (none of whom resembled the Wraithknight) while craftworld Eldar had titans. DE did not exist at that time but haven’t got titans since. For this reason I wouldn’t call them ‘Aeldari’ Titans.

But yes, the aspect warrior comparison would be a possible interpretation going by Epic fluff, it just neither fits the later Mymeara nor the IA Index fluff.

At least it’s the only one with two legs and two arms, even if he cannot jump.

As long as we don’t see the less humanoid/boring variants appearing on Craftworlds, I’d let the knights being seen as an Exodite thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Wraithknights are *absolutely* taken from Exodite Knight Titans.

The weapon systems are broadly identical:
2 Heavy Cannons- Firegale.
Sword+2 heavy weapons- Towering Destroyer.
Lance-like Cannon+1 heavy weapon- Bright Stallion.

More to the point, they are in proportion mm to mm with the Imperial Knights of the same scale.

The problem being there is no official Exodite faction, and likely no plans to make one in the future. As such, in order to include them some new fluff was created- as GW does regularly.

That being said I think both Craftworld and Exodite titan groups do have *regular* forces- those of the Craftworld or Exodite World they live on. Since they are not being seconded to anyone, as the Titan Legions of the Imperium are, they dont need a dedicated traveling force to keep their feat clear- these troops are provided as needed by the same command structure that deployed them and all the other aspect warriors, guardians, etc.

My question is: do the TItan Conclaves, which we know have frequent twins and even triplets, bring in new members when twins and triplets happen in other families or are they more exclusive, say like an Imperial Navigator House?