Reinforcement Rush - Summer '17

http://i.imgur.com/4DtFmaH.png

Calling all Sons of Guilliman,

The Region of Ultramar has been thrown into disarray. A plague has arrived to consume the Jewel that is Guilliman's great realm, death and disease are rife across the Five Hundred Worlds. Konor, a Bastion within Ultramar and one of it's most vital systems is under siege by the Hordes of Nurgle. As Sons of Guilliman, both Ultramarine and Successor, we must rally our forces to the defence of this great system or all shall be lost.

Don your Armour, Load your Bolters, and prepare for war my Brothers.

Today, we march for Konor!

Start: Saturday 15th July

End: Tuesday 15th August @ 23:59 GMT/UTC

How it works:

1) You look at your collection and pick at least one model to paint. The selected models can be assembled, undercoated and/or basecoated with their main colour. No more. If unsure, ask me. I reserve the right to disqualify models which do not stick to this rule.

2) Take a picture of these models, upload it to an online gallery (preferably B&C), and post it in this thread along with a vow stating the number of models to complete by the 15th August and any other details you deem to be relevant (be creative). Once you've made your vow, no changes to it can be made unless I approve those changes (so send me a PM if you need to change something).

3) Paint the models to at least a basic, three-colour standard within the given timeframe (no obligation to base the models but highly encouraged). The colour scheme must be either from the Ultramarine Chapter/Legion, an official successor, a DIY successor, or the Deathwatch Chapter (but with one shoulder pad painted in the colours of a son of Guilliman). No other Chapters shall be allowed.

4) Once finished, take the best pictures you possibly can, upload them, and post them here for all to see.

5) If you have completed your vow, make a second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth/seventh/eighth/ninth/etc vow and continue to bring glory to yourself!

6) Patiently wait the end of the event and the publication of the end results.

7) During the whole while, have fun!

Ranks: The ranking system shall be in effect for this event, too.

Last but not least, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or to PM me!

Now, let us prepare for war and give Chaos a good kick in the teeth.

Participation badge

gallery_84846_13531_32020.png

Edited by Centurion Jay

Participants

Spinsanity
Vow 1 [21]

PaddyG
Vow 1 [8]

Reyner
Vow 1 [7]

Marcus Arias
Vow 1 [8]

Vow 2 [3] | Complete

fisheyedbunny
Vow 1 [8] | Complete

Kallas
Vow 1 [12]

Pr3Mu5
Vow 1 [5]
Vow 2 [5] | Complete
Vow 3 [3] | Complete
Vow 4 [4] | Complete
Vow 5 [1] | Complete

Sugarlessllama
Vow 1 [6] | Complete

Brother Captain Ed
Vow 1 [10] | Complete

Ishagu
Vow 1 [7] | Complete

FirstSonofHorus
Vow 1 [10]

Centurion Jay
Vow 1 [5] | Complete

Vow 2 [1] | Complete

Thunder_god
Vow 1 [1]

Joukernaut
Vow 1 [1] | Complete

ShVagYeR
Vow 1 [3] | Complete

Vow 2 [2] | Complete

ronin_cse
Vow 1 [1]

Anticontrarian

Vow 1 [12] | Complete

Daigo Cannon

Vow 1 [10]

Total # Participants: 18

Edited by Centurion Jay

...models to complete by the 31st March

Guess that needs a little edit :wink:

I pledge to paint, for the Reinforcement Rush and the Fate of Konor online campaign, in the colors of the Nemesis chapter, proud sons of Guilliman and Primogenitors:

- One 10-man Tactical squad (loadout to be confirmed) [Counts as my Space Marines choice for FoK]

- One Primaris Captain

- One Primaris Librarian [Counts as my Psyker choice for FoK]

- One Terminator Captain*

- One 5-man Terminator Squad* [Counts as my Elites choice for FoK]

- One 3-man Inceptors Squad [Counts as my Fast Attack choice for FoK]

* Wargear choice will not be codex legal, does this invalidate my models?

Unsure if this could count here, but it does for the FoK campaign

+ One set of 3 armoured containers [Counts as my LoW/Scenery choice for FoK]

I'll add pictures of my models before I paint anything, of course. Now all I need is to figure out what Tank to pickup for the FoK campaign. Unfortunately, I doubt if I order one from FW that it'll be here on time...

...models to complete by the 31st March

Guess that needs a little edit :wink:

Thanks for catching that, serves me right for not proof reading before I posted it!

Wargear choice won't invalidate your models, as long as they are painted up in the colours of a Son of Gulliman. :biggrin.:

The containers however are a tricky one, as they aren't really Space Marine models. So I'm going to lean on the side of them not counting, my apologies. :unsure.:

Don't forget to post some pictures of your models either unassembled, assembled, undercoated and/or basecoated with their main colour before showing update pics too!

Cheers, Jay

In the name of the Emperor of Mankind, the Primarch Guilleman, and the fallen brothers of the Ultramarines chapter, I pledge to paint the following in the proud heraldry of the Ultramarines:

-5 man scout squad (basecoated, headless) - (will also paint the 3rd party heads if they arrive in time)

-Apothecary Hades, and the fallen brother he's recovering our sacred gene-seed from (primed black)

-Primaris Lieutenant Arcturis (primed black)

-Primaris Ancient Decimar (primed black)

Proof of process will be left in this post to determine compliance, and may our chapter rise to a new strength in this dire time!

My Vow - Before

(Will not touch these until the 15th, I have some devastators to finish anyways!)

By the will of the emperor, and the genius of our renewed Primarch, we shall know no fear brothers!

Edited by PaddyG

Nice to see some more vows coming in!

To start with I vow to paint:

• Primaris Captain
  • Primaris 5 man Intercessor squad
  • Apothecary

For the 13th Legion, for Sotha and the Emperor!

In the name of our Primarch Roboute Guilliman, Imperial Regent, I pledge to paint the following:

1 Primaris Captain in Gravis Armour

5 Primaris Hellblasters

We march for Macgragge!

Added you both to the Participation list!

I shall be having a look at what I've got that needs painting and posting up my own vow in a bit.

Jay

In honour of our Progenitor Legion I pledge to complete one Primaris Captain in Gravis armour, 5 plasma Primaris marines and one Deredeo in the honoured colours of the Howling Griffons Chapter.

Current status of the units below:

Captain - Primed Yellow and Red

Plasma Marines - Same as above

Deredeo - Primed Red

EDIT:

attached images of current status, the plasma marines have had yellow on them but no picture.

sjOO3Hx   Imgur

Yhfsp9D   Imgur

hKfq8MY   Imgur

Edited by fisheyedbunny

I pledge to paint the following Howling Griffons:

* A 5-man Tactical Squad, including Veteran Sergeant

* Captain

* Librarian

* Command Squad characters (Apothecary, Champion and Ancient)

* Predator, both Annihilator and Destructor options

* Counts-as Sergeant Chronus hatch model

"For Guilliman, son of the Emperor!" "For the Founding Father!"

Vow 1-4

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/213444-reinforcement-rush-summer-17-vow-1-4/

Vow 5-6

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/213445-reinforcement-rush-summer-17-vow-5/

(Apologies for the partially painted Marine, forgot to take a 'before' picture before I started painting!)

Edited by Kallas

Nice to see so many successor chapters, and I applaud those of you doing Howling Griffons. I wish I had the skill to do quartered schemes.

(Apologies for the partially painted Marine, forgot to take a 'before' picture before I started painting!)

No worries!

Just a heads up to those who haven't yet, don't forget to post up before pics of your vows!

Edited by Centurion Jay

Brothers, here we go!

Vow 1

I, Brother Pr3Mu5, proud member of the Ultramarines, do swear upon the tome of our Lord and Primarch to fully induct 5 members of the Chapter into the hallowed ranks of the First. These Brothers shall receive the honour of bearing the Crux Terminatus upon their shoulders to be deployed in the defence of the system of Konor as a Terminator Assault unit.

Vow 2

I also vow to raise 5 members of the Chapter to the rank of veteran to support these brothers in deployment of Tactical Dreadnought Armour as a Terminator squad, one of these brothers being drawn from the ranks of the Apothecarion (spot my 1st co Terminator Apothecary...because the veterans of the first carry some of the most valued of geneseed).

Vow 3

In addition I vow to add three of the Masters of the Chapter to the ranks of the Ultramarines to bolster the defence of Ultramar from the vile forces of the Primarch's accursed brother.

Vow 4

As Lord Marneus Calgar was encased in the Armour of Antilochus as part of the last Reinforcement Rush in preparation to meet Guilliman himself, I vow to provide for him his Honour Guard (2 veterans, a Chapter champion and an Ancient to bear the colours of the Chapter Master into the fires of battle)

Vow 5

And finally, since the First has already been honoured with the appointment of a new Chaplain to encourage our Brothers in spreading the mercy of our Lord Guilliman to the foes of the Emperor it seems only right that I vow to raise the captain of the First Company to lead our more venerated of brothers into the fight for Konor. Captain Severus Agemman will be encased in holy Terminator armour to stand alongside the Primarch himself.

All these I vow to complete by 15 August 2017. By that date I shall provide the logs of the Librarium with a pict capture of these warriors of the Emperors chosen, both prior to and following the process of their ascension. If I succeed I shall bring glory to my Brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

Their path to the honoured ranks of the First of the Chapter begins here.

Brothers, For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honour!

gallery_93433_12432_174081.jpg

Ignore the terminators at the back, they're already painted and I just had them out to ensure I mix up the pieces for the new guys so I didn't have the same torso on the same legs etc.

Wish me luck, I'll bring an update when I can.

Edit: Spelling

I really need to update my signature on here... my Ultramarines are far past the 3500pts I'm currently showing, I just really don't enjoy the tedium of totting up points using the Index

Edit no. 2: having re-read this when it wasn't 2am I have realised my spelling is even worse than I first realised

Edited by Pr3Mu5

I Sugarlessllama, for the might of the Emperor of Mankind hereby vow to paint one unit of Primaris Intercessors, and one Primaris Lieutenant in the livery of the loyal, and honorable Imperial Consuls.

Edited by Sugarlessllama

I, Brother Captain Edwardus, dutiful son and loyal servant, do solemnly swear to paint a tactical squad consisting of a veteran sergeant and nine battle brothers of the second company of Ultramarines before the 15th of August for the defense of the Konor System and the honor of the Chapter.

In that time I shall provide one 'start' picture of my model and at least one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. If I succeed, I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honor!

gallery_56919_11135_1553711.jpg

Great to see some more vows coming in Brothers! Updated the list to add you all.

I really need to update my signature on here... my Ultramarines are far past the 3500pts I'm currently showing, I just really don't enjoy the tedium of totting up points using the Index

Might I suggest you download and use battlescribe. Its available on both PC and Smartphone and it's free, it makes list building ridiculously easy!

Great to see some more vows coming in Brothers! Updated the list to add you all.

Might I suggest you download and use battlescribe. Its available on both PC and Smartphone and it's free, it makes list building ridiculously easy!

Thank you Brother for the suggestion although I am now slightly perturbed that having figured it out I have nearly 7k in points before upgrades and the Ultramarines grow still further. I may need professional help.

I vow to paint:

-Primaris Captain

-5 Hellblasters

-Chaplain Dreadnought

Looking forward to seeing that Chaplain dread painted up, don't see many of them!

Thank you Brother for the suggestion although I am now slightly perturbed that having figured it out I have nearly 7k in points before upgrades and the Ultramarines grow still further. I may need professional help.

The only professional help you need is an assistant to help carry it all to a game Brother! :biggrin.:

I stand ready to help take some of those models off your hands.

Oh a volunteer to become my lobotomised servitude

Oh a volunteer to become my lobotomised servitude

It is super fluffy...

So Brothers, a quick update.

Everything base coated as you can see I started batch painting starting with the metals.

gallery_93433_12432_294590.jpg

However, I couldn't do it and decided more concentrated focus was needed for someone as important as Captain Agemman.

gallery_93433_12432_127115.jpg

So with most of the base colour done tomorrow will see the shading and a start on the highlights at least. I may even have Vow 5 nigh on complete already, if not done and dusted.

Best speed Brothers,

Courage and Honour!