Reinforcement Rush - Summer '17

So combining this with my Tale of Gamers pledge for double points and prizes yey :biggrin.::biggrin.:

Had a day off today and I am off to Florida Thursday morning so need to get as much done as I can before I head off:

Plas Pre

20106991 10155650611710362 566769413 O

20132591 10155650611720362 800023940 O

20138217 10155650611740362 1775899298 O

20132830 10155650611640362 1630359821 O

20148604 10155650611745362 199926246 O

No work on the Deredeo, waiting on the Airbrush paints to arrive from GW.

So Brothers, I recognise I am doing this slightly out of order of the making of the vows... but.

Vow 5 is complete.

Captain Agemman has risen and is ready to join the fight to defend Konor!

gallery_93433_12432_37486.jpg

and work has begun in earnest to bring Master Calgar's Honour Guard to the fight.

gallery_93433_12432_77445.jpg

Keep going Brothers.

For Guilliman! Courage and Honour!

I, Joukernaut, hereby vow to complete a leviathan dreadnought to reïnforce my ultramarines in the battle against chaos.

Added you to the list, on my phone at the moment and can't figure out how to link to your vow but once I'm back at a pc I'll edit it! Looking forward to seeing the Leviathan painted, it's one of my favourite figures!

Update from the trenches: I hate highlighting power armor. That is all.

Best part of the painting process, in my opinion. Once I've started the highlights, the model starts coming together and looking like something I can be at least mildly proud of. Before that it looks... eugh.

Anyway, courage and honour, brother. :tu:

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Now that I've managed to finish some models that were well underway when this event started and thus ineligible, it's time to join. :)

I vow to paint a Company Veteran Sergeant (Brother Retius Daceus), a Captain with Bolter and Power Sword (Uriel Ventris), and a Primaris Hellblaster.

ultras3.jpg

More vows will follow if time allows. :)

Update from the trenches: I hate highlighting power armor. That is all.

Best part of the painting process, in my opinion. Once I've started the highlights, the model starts coming together and looking like something I can be at least mildly proud of. Before that it looks... eugh.

Anyway, courage and honour, brother. :thumbsup:

I might like it better if I was better at it.  ;)

As promised, my first fully painted* Astartes! (Apologies for the huge pictures, not quite sure how to trim them down right now! But then, they're spoiler'd, so sod it!)

gallery_99134_13397_176631.jpg

gallery_99134_13397_129742.jpg

gallery_99134_13397_95885.jpg

gallery_99134_13397_87986.jpg

gallery_99134_13397_80665.jpg

I'm currently working on the rest of the Tactical Squad, but I got sidetracked by life (started some volunteer work) and some conversions (a friend of mine gave me the Masters of the Chapter he had, but they weren't complete, so off to work I set...ignoring my pledges!)

Comments and criticism welcome!

*That said, there are things I want to go over/redo, such as the purity seals (not 100% sold on the white seals, and the parchment could be a little lighter) and scrollwork on the shoulder pad (thinking of making it a metal plate, as parchment colour doesn't really suit) but it's still ready to hit the table!

Edited by Kallas

Added new vows to the participation list, still strugglig to link vows to posts as don't have pc access for a few days but I'll fix this as soon as I am able to!

And fantastic stuff Kallas, I can only dream of painting a quartered scheme as good as that!

And fantastic stuff Kallas, I can only dream of painting a quartered scheme as good as that!

Thanks! I was a little bit concerned about my ability to paint quartered, but it's turning out well (even if I do say so myself!) so far. Though it's far from a quick paint job, that Astartes took a good few days worth of sessions to get ready.

The rest of his squad will soon follow, probably at some point next week, hopefully!

Right, I'll get in on this. Haven't played since 5th Ed but I'm finally liking a ruleset again.

Can't figure how to attach pics from my tablet, but I'll drop a placeholder vow here:

-Primaris Lieutenant
-Ten Intercessors
-Contemptor

gallery_100277_13519_33560.jpg

Edited by Anticontrarian

Right, I'll get in on this. Haven't played since 5th Ed but I'm finally liking a ruleset again.

Can't figure how to attach pics from my tablet, but I'll drop a placeholder vow here:

-Primaris Lieutenant

-Ten Intercessors

-Contemptor

Added your vow to the list!

Finally got PC access so edited the participation list properly. I shall be starting on my own vow sometime this evening!

WIP - Hellblasters almost finished, as is Captain Felix. I have even manged to get paint down on a bonus Primaris Lt and Ancient. (If Centurian Jay lets me)

http://i.imgur.com/zpvsdkQh.jpg

I have pre-ordered the Agressors which will be added if there's time.