Reinforcement Rush - Summer '17

WIP - Hellblasters almost finished, as is Captain Felix. I have even manged to get paint down on a bonus Primaris Lt and Ancient. (If Centurian Jay lets me)

http://i.imgur.com/zpvsdkQh.jpg

I have pre-ordered the Agressors which will be added if there's time.

Looking good. I'll add the extras to your vow in the Participation thread, this is just a bit of fun to get people painting not a strict event with any real prizes so I don't see why adding them would be an issue.

I Brother Daigo Cannon, proud member of the Ultramarines, Son of Macragge and Guardian of the 500 worlds of Ultramar, do swear to bring to combat capability 2 Devastators combat squads before 15th day of August. In that time I shall provide one 'start' picture of my model and at least one 'finish' picture of my completed models before the given deadline. I shall bring glory to my brothers-in-arms, chapter and Primarch. If I fail, shame and grief shall be my only companions.

For Guilliman and the Emperor! Courage and Honor!

I almost forgot to do my initial vow, I will upload the photos of my start and progress, now I'm work but will do once I'm home.

Before the Primarch, our Father...the Emperor, our God...and you, my Brothers assembled, I, Brother Captain Ed, declare my vow complete. Tactical Squad Primus, "First Among Equals," joins their brothers in defense of the Konor System against the Ruinous Powers.

Unfortunately, my camera is awful and it looks flat, chalky, and kinda fuzzy. Not sure what to do about that. But here they are and they are complete. (Minus the bigger bases, which are on order.)

gallery_56919_11135_212200.jpg

gallery_56919_11135_493194.jpg

Edited the participation list so that it is fully up to date with new vows and completed ones. Great stuff Pr3Mu5 and Brother Captain Ed!

I'm slowly plugging away at my own vow, I've got 2 of the 5 Tactical marines that I pledged completed so far, hoping to get all 5 done by Friday.

Jay

Now that I've managed to finish some models that were well underway when this event started and thus ineligible, it's time to join. :smile.:

I vow to paint a Company Veteran Sergeant (Brother Retius Daceus), a Captain with Bolter and Power Sword (Uriel Ventris), and a Primaris Hellblaster.

Hidden Content
ultras3.jpg

More vows will follow if time allows. :smile.:

Veteran Sergeant Retius Daceus

compcomm_2.jpg

Captain Uriel Ventris

compcomm_1.jpg

Hellblaster

hellsquad09_03.jpg

And, since defenders of the Imperium and Ultramar can never rest, I vow to continue my efforts and paint another Hellblaster and a Company Veteran with a Plasma gun. :smile.:

ultras4.jpg

Edited by ShVagYeR

Guys, I've been super busy though I'm actually on track to finish my vows.

Here is my completed Chaplain dread. Not the best pic and certainly not the best lighting!

20258276_1766413640053865_76592538943867

Looking really good.

The chaplain dread is one of the most beautiful dreads. I have one still waiting to be finished.

Congratulations on completing your vow ShVagYeR, I really like your clean painting style! I've added your second vow to the list.

And I love that Dread Ishagu, it's tempting me to pick one up for myself.

Got a third tactical done on my vow, just two guys left which I hope to have done by this evening and I'll post up a completed pic!

EDIT:

Finished my vow this morning! Will post up another sometime this weekend. I really need to invest in a better camera though.

mEzOELp.jpg

Jay

Edited by Centurion Jay

Hellblasters Finished, just washes and varnish but I can do that slow time!

http://i.imgur.com/m5Ppbrbl.jpg

Here is my next vow.. 3 Aggressors!

http://i.imgur.com/P5opB4Xl.jpg

Captain Felix is almost done just a few more steps on him!

Hellblasters Finished, just washes and varnish but I can do that slow time!

Here is my next vow.. 3 Aggressors!

Captain Felix is almost done just a few more steps on him!

Great looking Hellblasters! Once you have finished Felix and the Lt and Ancient I'll mark your first vow as complete.

Added your second vow to the participation list!

Also adding my own second vow, a Tactical Marine Sergeant.

http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/5b2c6bd4/IMG_5249_800x600.jpg

Jay

Now that I've managed to finish some models that were well underway when this event started and thus ineligible, it's time to join. :smile.:

I vow to paint a Company Veteran Sergeant (Brother Retius Daceus), a Captain with Bolter and Power Sword (Uriel Ventris), and a Primaris Hellblaster.

Hidden Content
ultras3.jpg

More vows will follow if time allows. :smile.:

Captain Uriel Ventris

compcomm_1.jpg

I really like the Uriel Ventris model. Very regal and professional image. The books always pictured him as this scrappy helmetless marine which I didn't feel fit with the image of a company captain. 

Edited by DogWelder

Huzzah! I have finished my vows!

First up is my first Intercessor Squad! Here is Squad Diego!

And they shall be accompanied by Lieutenant Cervantes! 

Thanks for the inspiration guys! I not only based these units, but I also applied decals! Go me! 

Great stuff! I really like that paint scheme, I'll update your vows as completed on the participation list!

I myself have made some progress on my second vow, but I've found little time to paint this past week. Here's to hoping I can get some painting time in over the next few days.

Brothers,

I am again forced to apologise for my absence of late but I do bring an update and fortunately a positive one.

I have managed to get another two vows completed.

The Masters of the Chapter have been completed.

Firstly the Master of the Fleet. Lazlo Tiberius holds this office as Captain Uriel Ventris has passed this honour, which would usually be his own as Captain of the Fourth, in deference to the Lord Admirals skill at void warfare.

gallery_93433_12432_45981.jpg

gallery_93433_12432_31918.jpg

with what I would consider to be a ceremonial Thunder Hammer with a head forged from the same Macraggian marble from which the Throne of the Primarch was made.

gallery_93433_12432_86425.jpg

Secondly, the Master of the Watch. This would be Captain Cato Sicarius along with his many other titles and honorifics however with the current upheavals within the command structure of the 2nd it is unclear who really holds this title

gallery_93433_12432_2111.jpg

gallery_93433_12432_31189.jpg

The last Master is that of the Arsenal, Captain of the Third, Mikael Fabian. Captain Fabian is documented to join combat in what has been described as a golden blur, usually with the traditional plasma pistol/power sword load out, so the golden helmet was a nod to this with a view that the pistol holster at his hip likely to be representative of his noted pistol of choice.

gallery_93433_12432_25.jpg

gallery_93433_12432_62082.jpg

Finally they have all been joined by a Terminator Squad whos intended purpose is to accompany Chapter Master Calgar into combat when he commands veterans of the 1st, hence the Apothecary in TDA.

gallery_93433_12432_63520.jpg

Brothers,

I am again forced to apologise for my absence of late but I do bring an update and fortunately a positive one.

I have managed to get another two vows completed.

Great stuff Pr3Mu5! I've marked them both as complete!

For everybody else working on their vows, there is 5 days left to get them completed before the end of the event on the 15th!

Jay