Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fluff question: Detecting Genestealer infiltration

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sawtooth

Sawtooth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,278 posts
Does the Imperium have a medical test or scan they can run on someone specifically to detect if they're infected in any way by Genestealers (the kiss, brood brother, the right generation hybrid for example)? Also, can a trained psyker pick up on the broodmind and single out members, or detect something psychically 'wrong' with a cult member?
The man who has nothing can still have faith.

SamsusTreacher

SamsusTreacher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

Usually a trained Imperial psyker is more than powerful enough to be able to detect some of the more potent genestealer broods, like a Patriarch. But if you've just now discovered the cult when it has a Patriarch, then you're :cuss already.

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,226 posts
Sure they can. But by the time you suspect that someone is infected, the cult is likely already into the 4th or 5th generation and it's already too late.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts
  • Chapter Name: Lamenters

Simple blood test. The blood would react to pain etc and try to get away from it.

Or am I thinking of another movie....

Krash

Ad Victoriam

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts

Are genestealer generations as long lived as normal humans? So, by 4th-5th generation the cult would have been there for almost 200+ years?

Sawtooth

Sawtooth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,278 posts
Well the reason I ask is I thought, what if there's a genestealer uprising that gets beaten and the Imperium wants to screen the populace to make sure. Or you find survivors from a battle with Genestealers, and deem them valuable enough to not instantly execute just to be sure.
The man who has nothing can still have faith.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts

Well the reason I ask is I thought, what if there's a genestealer uprising that gets beaten and the Imperium wants to screen the populace to make sure. Or you find survivors from a battle with Genestealers, and deem them valuable enough to not instantly execute just to be sure.

Pretty sure they result to exterminatus at that point. The Imperium knows that Genestealers draw hive fleets. So unless they Imperium wanted to set a trap for a hive fleet, they would just exterminatus right?

Iron Lord

Iron Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts

Going by the Cain books, it takes the Imperium a while to figure out that Genestealers do draw Hive Fleets - though some Inquisitors figure it out much earlier than others, and quietly refrain from telling the rest "I told you so" when they are proven right.

They do screening once the worst of the hybrids are taken out - it isn't just "exterminatus once cult is proven to exist".

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 307 posts

Going by the Cain books, it takes the Imperium a while to figure out that Genestealers do draw Hive Fleets - though some Inquisitors figure it out much earlier than others, and quietly refrain from telling the rest "I told you so" when they are proven right.

They do screening once the worst of the hybrids are taken out - it isn't just "exterminatus once cult is proven to exist".

That is really surprising given how xenophobic the Imperium usually is.

Iron Lord

Iron Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts

It might be because the Cain books are set between the Hive Fleet Behemoth invasion and the Hive Fleet Kraken invasion - with it taking the Imperium a while to reach the point where they give up on "rooting out" cult survivors and just exterminate planets.

"Men are expendable, planets are not" was probably their view, at the time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users