Waaargh Grimsnaga (Smasha squig)

Kierdale

Thanks for the comments and Likes! :)

I hope I made them convincingly Snakebitey :D

As I said, I’d love to get one more of each.

With the Boosta Blasta I want to use the big flamer from the GSC Goliath and mount that in the upper ‘turret’ (with a gunner either hanging on or in a chair welded to the side), with pipes going to lots of barrels strapped to the back of the buggy. Perhaps remove the grot who’s opening the NOX tank, put another gunner in there and have the rivet gun mounted above the engine on the left side.

For the Dragsta, I saw a great conversion in which someone put the three rockets where the circular saws usually are, and put some chain/blade weapons from the nobz kit sticking out the sides of the buggy down low to take people’s legs off as it drives by. I’d then put an Ork gunner in the left seat, stood holding the Shokk rifle, targeter squig on his shoulder.

Fingers crossed I get chance to buy them sometime this year!

Talking of the Goliath, I got one for my GSC to use in Armies On Parade last year. I entered and won, but the intention was never for it to stay a GSC vehicle. Now my Snakebites get it. :D With a munitorum container on the back (I have two) I figure I can make a Battlewagon ‘war rig’ :tu:

I’m supposed to be putting away my Orks and getting on with AoS but I have one more model to finish building before that.

Warboss Grimsnaga himself.

Thanks, Triszin!

I’ve pretty much finished work on making warboss Grimsnaga atop his super cyboar. Just some quick pics:

med_gallery_63428_13471_686100.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_615317.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_690056.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_95637.jpeg

Trophies include space wolves, squats (back in Rogue Trader Orks always Hated Squats) and the head of a huge serpent (which, it is said, was the very snake that Grimsnaga bit the head off...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks, Kolgrim.

I’m still focused on AoS for Armies On Parade this year (assuming GW holds the event) but saw the lockdown painting event in the forge today! I had promised my choppa to this forum last year for the ETL but ended up having to finish marines for last year’s AoP (but I got gold, so hey, never mind ;) ), and planned to promise my choppa to you for this year’s ETL...But there isn’t one this year.

So:

"I, Kierdale, vow to complete 10 Snakebite Gretchin for the Glory of the Ork Forum on or by the 15th of August 2020, or bare the Badge of Shame until year's end".

It’ll be a break from Aelves and humans of AoS, I have some ready to paint, and they wouldn’t have gotten us many points in ETL anyway ;)

Thanks!

And thanks to encouragement from Krakendoomcool...

Yay, my Bad Moon Rising got on the Hobby Roundup! :D

med_gallery_63428_13471_407925.jpeg

Aaaand WIP on my Snakebite gretchin.

med_gallery_63428_13471_106988.jpeg

Since their non-combat role is guarding and tending to fungi for the warband, and that’s their runtherds job and his name, Wortthug, written in glyphs on the standard and some of their backs), I gave them an icon of a snake guarding a mushroom. I figured that if I’m painting a mushroom it may as well be a Mario-mushroom. ;)

Next up is their skin and adding some red dust to the bottom of their robes.

gallery_63428_13471_428667.png

My nob with Waaargh banner got on WH-TV too! Yay :tu:

I completed the Grots today and will try to take some photos of them tonight.

I pulled out the Snakebite Painboy I had started on and did some more work on him, including a pair of assistants.

And had an idea I want to make a memo about before I forget:

Snakebite with a bow made from a pair of Necron legs.

Will make it.

The Snakebite gretchin are done.

med_gallery_63428_13471_119231.jpeg

Some carrying snakebows ;)

med_gallery_63428_13471_2943.jpeg

This one came out of hypnosis a bit too early...

med_gallery_63428_13471_356168.jpeg

Standard bearer and leader. The glyphs say “Wortthug”, the name of their runtherd. The mushroom and name refer to the grots’ non-combat role of guarding/tending to fungi.

med_gallery_63428_13471_529851.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_574405.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_114787.jpegmed_gallery_63428_13471_50435.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_223538.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_25995.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_571379.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_219202.jpeg

I’m working on my Snakebite Painboy and Runtherd now, and maybe a BadMoon Mek...

“A pain in the asp“! I’m stealing that one, oh yes! :D

It wasn’t too hard, it was fun really. Doing a Snakebite army, you get practice. That and I didn’t want them to just be in plain sackcloth ;) And I thought the glyphs were important to show that they are slaves prisoners with jobs.

Now working on my Snakebite Painboy:

med_gallery_63428_13471_417636.jpeg

The grot at the back will have the doc’s banner in his left hand (needs the top bar and a decoration), and has golf flags in his right hand as, in the Rogue Trader days the Ork fluff books Waaargh Da Orks, Ere We Go and Freebooterz) showed and mentioned docs having grot orderlies who would carry such pennants for marking casualties as the kustomers of their doc, for later treatment. I wanted to bring that back :)

The other grot’s net will be GreenStuffed into a roll-out tool bag. Knives, saws, pliers, bolts, hammer, pizza cutter, etc.

Rather than an ’urty syringe, I’ll be making a syringe-squig from GreenStuff, based on an image from the old books.

And my Snakebite runtherd.

med_gallery_63428_13471_56091.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_257954.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_391607.jpeg

The grot assistant needs a decoration atop his banner pole, and leather (GreenStuff) across his shield.

The runtherd has a megaphone as some of the old metal runtherd did (and many of the armybook images showed them) and I’ll be GreenStuffing him a beard as I noticed all the old ones had them!

med_gallery_63428_13471_81690.jpeg

His grotprod was fun to make. I’ll paint the tips of the horns metallic. Haven’t decided if he should have a grotlash or squighound. I’ll see once the new Edition comes out.

I’m making these Oddboys from Nobz as I unexpectedly got a box of Nobz some time ago and don’t plan on making them as Nobz, and would like my Oddboyz to stand out.

Aaaand I have plans for a Bad Moon mekboy with a shokk attack gun made from (some) Necron bitz.

A wind-up shokk attack gun :D

Thanks, Evil Eye! Hopefully you’ll like these too then...

A bit more GS work done last night.

A sneezing syringe squig! His proboscis/nose is a bit thick but I think he turned out cute :D

med_gallery_63428_13471_382971.jpeg

Grot orderly getting out Doc’s tools (more tools will be on the ground at the Painboy’s feet).

med_gallery_63428_13471_193852.jpeg

Painboy and Runtherd’s gretchin standard bearers. Both need another coat of diluted PVA to toughen up the tissue, and need pole top decorations.

med_gallery_63428_13471_188082.jpeg

Hopefully I can get them undercoated soon (though rainy season started a couple of days ago :(

• 3 weeks later...

LOL :D

Thanks!

Another idea I want to get down before I forget it:

I have a Boomdakka Snazzwagon to make. Going to replace the grot on the front with a Necron.

No kustom shoota. A huge trebuchet atop the car. Front ‘poles’ the long cannons from Necron flyer. Weight is the other big Necron flyer gun. Throwing...Rogue Trader-era spiky Xenos cactus.

• 4 weeks later...

+ TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED +

+ SIGNAL RECEIVED +

+ BEGIN FEED +

"Oy Keerdayl you listen up brotha! Ya best git yer toughest bushwackuh and send'im out brotha, cuz Orkamania iz comin' an' it'z gonna wake da beast brotha! When da Hulksta getz yor champ up ova 'iz 'ead and drivez'im down ta da ground. Burryz'im in da 'ells below an' crumps aww yor boyz yoo'll be seein' red an' yellow brotha cuz aww my Orkamaniaks ah gonna tear down yor walls!"

+ TRANSMISSION LOST +

Edited by Wulf Vengis

• 2 months later...

I’m still working on my AoS Cities of Sigmar army though that was for Armies On Parade 2020 and since the competition will be online this year I’m not entering. I enter every year and I don’t believe entries can be properly judged just looking at a few photos. So I’ll enter it next year...which means my Snakesbites-vs-Necrons will probably be for Armies On Parade 2022! :D

Anyway, I’ve got three more AoS units to finish and then I can get back to my Orks. I’m itching to get back to this army.

It was my birthday last weekend and got some gift vouchers for a hobby shop....and will hopefully be buying something for my Orks today...