Waaargh Grimsnaga (Smasha squig)

Kierdale

Thanks!

I haven’t had chance to work on the Doc but did get a bit of construction done on my Bad Moon Mekaniak’s shokk attack gun:

med_gallery_63428_13471_84505.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_257975.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_201618.jpeg

The base is a wind-up Gatling gun (made for big mecha models), to which I’ve added some watch cogs and Necron bitz. I always wanted to use the teleporter part for this, and added some legs as the ‘arms’ of the weapon. I might keep the feet (it doubles as an ass-kicking machine :D) or replace one or more with globes.

Wind it up and it actually spins! I wish I could post a video here but can’t. If you check my Twitter or Instagram you can see it moving.

Glad I could inspire some painting!

My son left our wifi at his gran’s so we’ve got no internet at home this week, which is a mixed blessing because it has kept me off Minecraft and Scratch :D so I got a lot more modelling done.

Doc’s done! I’ll take some photos of him and his two gretchin disorderlies tonight.

I got to work on my first Snakebite boyz mob as it feels like I’ve been doing vehicles and characters all the time so far.

Here’s how I’m doing basing:

med_gallery_63428_13471_130991.jpeg

The big rocks are bark, the small black fragments are charcoal from a a water filter (can buy them from the ¥100 store. Crack one open and you get plenty of shards) and the sand is...sand.

Sprayed as a ’Mars macahuitl’:

med_gallery_63428_13471_30027.jpeg

Here’s the paints I use:

med_gallery_63428_13471_22314.jpeg

The Mr.Oxide Red Surfacer is pretty much the same as the Oxide craft paint but I use the spray as an undercoat for speed, then give it a quick going over with the craft paint too for good measure.

Then drybrush with Lugganath Orange.

med_gallery_63428_13471_840649.jpeg

Just need to paint the rims black.

Cool stuff man!, the red earth looks great :wink:  I like that  Mr Hobby oxide spray... gotta ask though...i know they're getting a lick o black paint but what's with the straight lines around the base rims from  :huh.: .

Yeah thanks!, that inspiration made me finish some sector mech terrain for my Ork army to play with :thumbsup:

Mithril

Thank you!

Doc Wazskar Grubgor, his two gretchin disorderies, a syringe squig and a bag full of snakes.

med_gallery_63428_13471_329975.jpeg

Hidden Content

med_gallery_63428_13471_185149.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_188647.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_25149.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_38379.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_185021.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_137890.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_298823.jpeg

The glyphs on the underside of his klaw mean ‘quick medication’. ;)

med_gallery_63428_13471_284000.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_67343.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_618406.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_554323.jpeg

This grot has flags for putting next to battlefield casualties, claiming these “customers” for the doc.

med_gallery_63428_13471_11352.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_173242.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_63495.jpeg

The four glyphs along the bottom are the doc’s name. The two in the upper left mean ‘good, strong medication’ and the right ones mean ‘quick medication’. Roughly speaking ;)

And the tool-grot

med_gallery_63428_13471_1018554.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_322099.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_13471_354125.jpeg

Thanks!

I tried white for his hair at first actually, trying to make him look a bit old and refined. It didn’t work, so I tried purple and kinda like it. I thought turquoise might be a bit too attention grabbing.

Today’s lunchhammer:

med_gallery_63428_13471_470044.jpeg

With the skin done I’m now working on bones, skulls, straps, teeth and the like. It’s going to be me and Rakarth Flesh for the rest of the month, I fear.

I think this is the part of painting I like the least. Painting the model’s main colour is quick and easy, you can make mistakes and it’s fine. But with the second-most-common colour...it’s always a slog to basecoat this.

yeah this stage is the hump... it's where nothing looks good and you feel the slog and you have to be careful now too :pinch:

Good luck with it!!

cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++ forgot to say - they look great so far :thumbsup:

Edited by mithrilforge

Gee that Ork is really a "Snakebite" then huh :huh.: ...

perhaps the colour could be a light brown snake with coloured stripes like the Snake arrow that Thulsadoom shoots into the princess... 

Mithril

• 3 weeks later...

Aren’t they the Ard Boyz from AoS? That’s what I used for my Nobz and they look just like them but I don’t know enough about the classic Ork models to know if they are the same kit that has just been renamed?

Same Kit ...renamed :sweat:  there was an excellent game called warhammer fantasy long before AoS...:dry.: .... :sweat:

Aren’t they the Ard Boyz from AoS? That’s what I used for my Nobz and they look just like them but I don’t know enough about the classic Ork models to know if they are the same kit that has just been renamed?

Same Kit ...renamed :sweat: there was an excellent game called warhammer fantasy long before AoS...:dry.: .... :sweat:

Ah, right. Yeah, I know all about Fantasy, just didn’t have or play against anyone with Orks. I had Vampire Counts.

Cracking models the Ard Boyz/Black Orks are though, whatever game you use them in.

@ Kierdale - So how does the new Beast Snaggas future release affect your army building here?, are you going to put some conversion on hold or simply proceed with your plans?!?...

Mithril

I simply plan to add them to the army :)

Depending on how the Beastsnaggas look/how big they are this current squad of boys might end up becoming a squad of BeastSnaggas. We’ll see.

I still plan on having my cyboar warboss, or he might be demoted to a big nob If something new comes out which is even better.

I’m still going to convert the seraphon Ankylosaurus-like dinosaur into a Squiggoth counts-as.

So no big changes really :D

I’m just saving my pennies and waiting for them to be released.

And before that the Underworlds savage Ork warband of course. That should be coming out next month and I can’t wait to get my hands on that!

I’ve got so much to work on I hope the BeastSnaggas release actually won’t be too big! If there is a new Start Collecting box that would be great.

I actually think your "beast snaggas" are pretty Cool looking anyway (honestly if GW hadn't shown their new Snaggas, i was going to get some AoS feral orcs and copy your idea's :thumbsup: 

The pics of those last two with red pistols look really well done :wub:  and yours are more Multipose viable :wink:  and dare i say cheaper ?!?..

Cheers, Mithril