Primarch book suggestion?

So I'm just finishing "Descent of Angels," and kind of want to get a deeper sense of the Primarchs by reading one of their specific books.

I know Guilliman's, Magnus', Russ', and Perturabo's are out now for ebook, but I'm not sure which one to start with (Lorgar's looks the most interesting, but I need an ebook for the subway commuting).

I'm leaning towards Perturabo as I know the least about him, but has anyone read those four books and did one stand out amongst the rest?

My take is that they've all been pretty good, with Guilliman being the weakest (I still enjoyed enough of it, though), and the rest getting better from there in release order. And yes, that does mean I think Perturabo has been the best of them so far. Would not be a bad place to start! Still waiting to get Lorgar, like most probably are. We'll probably start hearing informed opinions on that one in another week or two.

My take is that they've all been pretty good, with Guilliman being the weakest (I still enjoyed enough of it, though), and the rest getting better from there in release order. And yes, that does mean I think Perturabo has been the best of them so far. Would not be a bad place to start! Still waiting to get Lorgar, like most probably are. We'll probably start hearing informed opinions on that one in another week or two.

I'm with the LetsYouDown  on that, except that Perturabo is worse than Leman Russ (And I don't like Space Wolves).

Lorgar is pretty bad from the point of where HH stands now.

Just finished Perturabo. I really enjoyed it, considering I didn't understand that Primarch or his legion much and now I definitely get them (and their now one of my favorite traitors!)

His fall was also really well done, far better in comparison to Horus'. Reading his Davin-dream was all sorts of odd. He knew it was all a ploy to corrupt him, yet does it anyway? And he's at once the nicest of fellows, and then turns on everything with on a dime?

Only small complaints I have is that it felt a little short, especially since there were a few references I didn't understand. Some clarity on the Black Judges would have been great, maybe a couple chapters of IW vs. BJ. Other than that, I do recommend.

I'm with the LetsYouDown  on that, except that Perturabo is worse than Leman Russ (And I don't like Space Wolves).

Just bought Magnus bc I missed your comment, but will do Leman next!

Just finished Perturabo. I really enjoyed it, considering I didn't understand that Primarch or his legion much and now I definitely get them (and their now one of my favorite traitors!)

His fall was also really well done, far better in comparison to Horus'. Reading his Davin-dream was all sorts of odd. He knew it was all a ploy to corrupt him, yet does it anyway? And he's at once the nicest of fellows, and then turns on everything with on a dime?

Only small complaints I have is that it felt a little short, especially since there were a few references I didn't understand. Some clarity on the Black Judges would have been great, maybe a couple chapters of IW vs. BJ. Other than that, I do recommend.

Just bought Magnus bc I missed your comment, but will do Leman next!

In scope of rating now it stands as:

-Leman Russ - awesome;

-Perturabo - good;

-Magnus - good;

-Guilliman - bad;

-Lorgar - good/bad (good - cause cases of zealotry/idolatry and belief are shown on grandeur scale with amazing insight. Bad - cause for HH which now stands before the Gates of Terra that prequel 'event' is late for at leasts 7 years. It would be good to have this novella 7 years ago - it would have gone right on spot. But now - it's ...)