A return to the Death Guard and a new start.

The insect abdomen looks awesome, I knew you'd come up with something. Perhaps make some of it bionic as well though, just to drive home a techno-organic feel. As for the head, #1 looks the best IMO with a sort of gas mask feel to it, but I think it could be enhanced by having a skull behind it. Perhaps even a mono-eye skull. Although, the sketch you just showed would work as well.

I hate you right now. Just wanted you to know that.

You're really making it hard for me to concentrate on my Flesh Tearers army when every time I see this thread I think, "I bet it would be more fun to do a Death Guard army. Maybe just a small kill team...or a squad...or a giant hoard of plague zombies..."

I hate you for making me hear these voices. It's all your fault for making it look so cool.

I hate you right now. Just wanted you to know that.

You're really making it hard for me to concentrate on my Flesh Tearers army when every time I see this thread I think, "I bet it would be more fun to do a Death Guard army. Maybe just a small kill team...or a squad...or a giant hoard of plague zombies..."

I hate you for making me hear these voices. It's all your fault for making it look so cool.

Yesssss... Come to the dark side... We have milk and cookies... (and cooler models than the loyalists) Thanks, man - really appreciate it. :)

When you pulled the horns off the poxwalkers, was it done in such a way that the horns could be used later elsewhere, and if not, do you think that would be possible?

Yes, most of them - I always like to keep bits, if it can be done. 

A bit of progress on the Daemon Prince - I got to work on the Pink Horror mouth, did some greenstuffing and ended up with something I actually really like for the head.

I'm trying out a third option for the lower body - something more creepy, mechanic and insectile:

dp3.jpg

dp4.jpg

As always, let me know what you think. :)

woaaaaaaaah that daemon prince is positively nightmarish, the new head is looking great! I have to say the new centipede like lower body is my favourite, as it definitely fits in with a kind of biomechanical warp horror feel.  Keep up the fantastic work.

The head is perfect, and I think the lower body is a huge step in the right direction. That said, the legs on it currently stick out a little too wide, which i think detracts from the sinuous silhouette of the model. Are there smaller legs you could use?

The head is perfect, and I think the lower body is a huge step in the right direction. That said, the legs on it currently stick out a little too wide, which i think detracts from the sinuous silhouette of the model. Are there smaller legs you could use?

Remember, those legs will be tighter when the putty is gone.

Also, perfect mix of mechanical and insectoid, just play around with the angles (maybe even reverse some/all?) for maximal creep factor and you are golden.

Head's looking great too, although it might benefit from blending in more, if you aren't going for the helmeted look. (Or if you are, maybe putting a "crack" in to make it seem as though the horn pushed it's way through?)

The head is awesome! The lower body is great, but it lacks a bit of weight/mass. Are you going to add some GS to it? Maybe a combination of the newest lower body and the fly lower body would be an option. that would fix the lack of mass. Anyways, he looks so promising! I'm really looking forward to the finished prince.

Hmm, I think I'll have to be the mean bastard here and say that the model just doesn't work for me -- yet. You've got lots of excellent ideas on there - the head is a truly promising concept, the lower body is really coming together, the scythe is awesome - and yet all of those parts just don't quite gel yet: There's also too much of a contrast between the bulky, clunky torso and the spindly lower body.

What I think the model needs next is some unifying element to pull all the separate parts together: Maybe tattered robes, dangling chains or something similar could be that element. I am also pretty sure that you are on top of this anyway.

Please take this as the biggest possible conpliment: Were this nearly anybody else's model, it would already be awesome. As a GuitaRasmus piece, however, it's only barely satisfactory yet ;)

Daemon prince is coming along nicely but...

Brita balls to be used as bursting buboes of pestilential pus? Now that is a truly great idea.

I've been saving mine for years and now I know why :)

As for separating them I'll have to see if the plastic floats and the carbon sinks. Another visit to the attic.

Argh... Getting really mixed signals here guys! :D 

I'll have to ponder over it a bit - I can't quite figure out what is missing, or what I should change, but it's just not quite there yet - the head, however, is staying - I love it. (Even though I'm a bit envious at Augustus' idea in his thread.)

Daemon prince is coming along nicely but...

Brita balls to be used as bursting buboes of pestilential pus? Now that is a truly great idea.

I've been saving mine for years and now I know why :smile.:

As for separating them I'll have to see if the plastic floats and the carbon sinks. Another visit to the attic.

Been there, done that - doesn't work, sadly. :) I think, however, that sandpapir might be an option; pour the mix of carbon and balls down a slightly angled piece of grit 80 or so sandpaper. The carbon pieces are angular, and will probably lay still on the texture, and the small balls will roll off into a container. I'll have to try that. 

I'm trying out a third option for the lower body - something more creepy, mechanic and insectile:

dp3.jpg

dp4.jpg

As always, let me know what you think. :)

:cuss me that's horrifying, like what the actual frak. The terrified part of me says KILL IT WITH FIRE change it because it's giving me all sorts of new and interesting phobias I never knew I had. However the rest of me realises that as it's a daemon, and a Nurgle daemon at that, fear and disgust should be my first reaction, so I say don't change a thing because you're obviously on the right track! :D Edited by SanguiniusReborn

:censored: me that's horrifying, like what the actual frak. The terrified part of me says KILL IT WITH FIRE change it because it's giving me all sorts of new and interesting phobias I never knew I had. However the rest of me realises that as it's a daemon, and a Nurgle daemon at that, fear and disgust should be my first reaction, so I say don't change a thing because you're obviously on the right track! :biggrin.:

I must be on the right track then - thanks! :biggrin.:

Woah, that's super creepy! Awesome work!!!

It's funny...

The head is awesome.

The turbo-fans are cool.

The new snake/centipede body is inspired...

But I'm not sure the turbo fans work with the new body.

I can't put my finger on what my issue is with it - it might be one of silhouette - but I think if they were larger they'd be better. It might be worth going a more classic route like zombie dragon wings for a winged prince. Alternatively, another set of arms or tentacles might be a good choice!

However, as I said earlier, it is already awesome! A hugely creepy vibe, which I hope you maintain! Also, I'm old school and like winged princes, so take my suggestions with a pinch of salt. And probably some tequila

Edited by Widowmaker

I think making him less symmetrical might help. Adding some element that weights on side of the frame perhaps?

And independent of that, opening the limbs on the legs out a bit more to look like he is going for a hug/impale I think might improve the silhouette.

My thoughts on the Daemon Prince;

As individual parts - brilliant! Lots of interesting Nurgle concepts; the scythe, insectile mutations, the big clunky turbine fans...

However as a whole - if it is representing a Death Guard Deamon Prince, I'm not getting that feel from it. Dark Mechanics or pure Nurgle Deamons certainly! A Heretic Astartes originally from the Death Guard elevated to princedom in my mind would still maintain some visual elements of their mortal self, namely the Power Armour. I'm not sure how you could include of that to your current model, but that what I'd suggest.

Just some food for thought. :)

Woah, that's super creepy! Awesome work!!!

It's funny...

The head is awesome.

The turbo-fans are cool.

The new snake/centipede body is inspired...

But I'm not sure the turbo fans work with the new body.

I can't put my finger on what my issue is with it - it might be one of silhouette - but I think if they were larger they'd be better. It might be worth going a more classic route like zombie dragon wings for a winged prince. Alternatively, another set of arms or tentacles might be a good choice!

However, as I said earlier, it is already awesome! A hugely creepy vibe, which I hope you maintain! Also, I'm old school and like winged princes, so take my suggestions with a pinch of salt. And probably some tequila

I simply cannot get enough of that Dreadnought! He is one of those conversions that I feel only you can really come up with! He also supports me in the feeling that the DP isn't quite there yet, as the Dreadnought is just on a whole different scale of brilliance, at least for now. Oh, and he does look great with the new Butcher cannon as well, of course.