Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A return to the Death Guard and a new start.

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
  • Chapter Name: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

The insect abdomen looks awesome, I knew you'd come up with something. Perhaps make some of it bionic as well though, just to drive home a techno-organic feel. As for the head, #1 looks the best IMO with a sort of gas mask feel to it, but I think it could be enhanced by having a skull behind it. Perhaps even a mono-eye skull. Although, the sketch you just showed would work as well.

terminatorAM

terminatorAM

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Hunters, Flesh Tearers
I hate you right now. Just wanted you to know that.

You're really making it hard for me to concentrate on my Flesh Tearers army when every time I see this thread I think, "I bet it would be more fun to do a Death Guard army. Maybe just a small kill team...or a squad...or a giant hoard of plague zombies..."

I hate you for making me hear these voices. It's all your fault for making it look so cool.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts
Those pox walker's look a lot better. I don't really like the horns on them, you have shown a great alternative.

The sketch of that head could work really well, look forward to seeing it

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,307 posts

When you pulled the horns off the poxwalkers, was it done in such a way that the horns could be used later elsewhere, and if not, do you think that would be possible?

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

wWHQjAC.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts

I hate you right now. Just wanted you to know that.

You're really making it hard for me to concentrate on my Flesh Tearers army when every time I see this thread I think, "I bet it would be more fun to do a Death Guard army. Maybe just a small kill team...or a squad...or a giant hoard of plague zombies..."

I hate you for making me hear these voices. It's all your fault for making it look so cool.

Yesssss... Come to the dark side... We have milk and cookies... (and cooler models than the loyalists) Thanks, man - really appreciate it. :)

When you pulled the horns off the poxwalkers, was it done in such a way that the horns could be used later elsewhere, and if not, do you think that would be possible?

Yes, most of them - I always like to keep bits, if it can be done. 

A bit of progress on the Daemon Prince - I got to work on the Pink Horror mouth, did some greenstuffing and ended up with something I actually really like for the head.

I'm trying out a third option for the lower body - something more creepy, mechanic and insectile:

dp3.jpg

dp4.jpg

As always, let me know what you think. :)

• dogfender, Olis, Augustus b'Raass and 4 others like this

All my earlier projects (Dark Mechanicus, Death Guard, World Eaters, and much more) can be found HERE

Kordhal

Kordhal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blackshields

woaaaaaaaah that daemon prince is positively nightmarish, the new head is looking great! I have to say the new centipede like lower body is my favourite, as it definitely fits in with a kind of biomechanical warp horror feel.  Keep up the fantastic work.

4BGaxFI.jpg

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts
  • Chapter Name: Mantis Warriors
The head is perfect, and I think the lower body is a huge step in the right direction. That said, the legs on it currently stick out a little too wide, which i think detracts from the sinuous silhouette of the model. Are there smaller legs you could use?

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,307 posts

The head is perfect, and I think the lower body is a huge step in the right direction. That said, the legs on it currently stick out a little too wide, which i think detracts from the sinuous silhouette of the model. Are there smaller legs you could use?

Remember, those legs will be tighter when the putty is gone.

Also, perfect mix of mechanical and insectoid, just play around with the angles (maybe even reverse some/all?) for maximal creep factor and you are golden.

Head's looking great too, although it might benefit from blending in more, if you aren't going for the helmeted look. (Or if you are, maybe putting a "crack" in to make it seem as though the horn pushed it's way through?)

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

wWHQjAC.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,843 posts

By Guilliman's swinging scabbard! Now THAT is a daemon prince! I request more, good sir! :tu:

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 550 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thousand Sons

The head is awesome! The lower body is great, but it lacks a bit of weight/mass. Are you going to add some GS to it? Maybe a combination of the newest lower body and the fly lower body would be an option. that would fix the lack of mass. Anyways, he looks so promising! I'm really looking forward to the finished prince.

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters

Hmm, I think I'll have to be the mean bastard here and say that the model just doesn't work for me -- yet. You've got lots of excellent ideas on there - the head is a truly promising concept, the lower body is really coming together, the scythe is awesome - and yet all of those parts just don't quite gel yet: There's also too much of a contrast between the bulky, clunky torso and the spindly lower body.

What I think the model needs next is some unifying element to pull all the separate parts together: Maybe tattered robes, dangling chains or something similar could be that element. I am also pretty sure that you are on top of this anyway.

Please take this as the biggest possible conpliment: Were this nearly anybody else's model, it would already be awesome. As a GuitaRasmus piece, however, it's only barely satisfactory yet ;)

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,457 posts
  • Chapter Name: KDK, VII, VIII

Third 'leg' option is definitely, without a doubt, the best! 

Also, I'm stealing your pink horror jaw idea.

Click for Showcase Thread ++ Night Lords ++ VIII Legio Astartes ++ 47th Company ++ The Night's Reapers ++
Click for Showcase Thread ++ Imperial Fists ++ VII Legio Astartes ++ 5th Company ++ The Heart of Stone ++
Click for Work in Progress Thread ++ Night Lords ++ World Eaters ++ Imperial Fists ++
wWHQjAC.jpggallery_29004_6198_9553.pngETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_6489.pngsml_gallery_29004_12090_8822.pngETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpggallery_29004_10383_6219.pnggallery_29004_10383_9506.pnggallery_29004_10383_9315.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifgallery_45765_11559_3592.pnggallery_45765_11559_3638.pngsml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pnggallery_29004_9303_9633.pngETL_Medal_03.gifwe_badge_augustusbraass.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,307 posts

I think K-Sci's critiques and the concern of mass might be resolved by adding more musculature between the bottom of the pectorals and the waist, so it doesn't have as much of an hourglass figure?

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 531 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Slaughter

Daemon prince is coming along nicely but...

Brita balls to be used as bursting buboes of pestilential pus? Now that is a truly great idea.

I've been saving mine for years and now I know why :)

As for separating them I'll have to see if the plastic floats and the carbon sinks. Another visit to the attic.

SystemSyn

SystemSyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
That Prince is looking really cool! The head works really well, and the most recent lower body is the best of the lot so far. It has a creepy bio-mechanical look to it that fits really well with the upper body.

GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts

Argh... Getting really mixed signals here guys! :D 

I'll have to ponder over it a bit - I can't quite figure out what is missing, or what I should change, but it's just not quite there yet - the head, however, is staying - I love it. (Even though I'm a bit envious at Augustus' idea in his thread.)

Daemon prince is coming along nicely but...

Brita balls to be used as bursting buboes of pestilential pus? Now that is a truly great idea.

I've been saving mine for years and now I know why smile.png

As for separating them I'll have to see if the plastic floats and the carbon sinks. Another visit to the attic.

Been there, done that - doesn't work, sadly. :) I think, however, that sandpapir might be an option; pour the mix of carbon and balls down a slightly angled piece of grit 80 or so sandpaper. The carbon pieces are angular, and will probably lay still on the texture, and the small balls will roll off into a container. I'll have to try that. 

All my earlier projects (Dark Mechanicus, Death Guard, World Eaters, and much more) can be found HERE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users